Making an Enemy a breakable object on the battle map.

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I want to make an Enemy a breakable object on the battle map so think of the enemy as a breakable object that only takes one hit to break like a Barrel for example.
I need to make it so when you hit the Enemy(barrel) it will die(break) with one hit and once it dies a battle animation will play showing coins dropping to the floor or a potion.

is this possible I can't figure out how to make game know once the enemy(barrel) dies(breaks) the animation should play.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to make an Enemy a breakable object on the battle map so think of the enemy as a breakable object that only takes one hit to break like a Barrel for example.
I need to make it so when you hit the Enemy(barrel) it will die(break) with one hit and once it dies a battle animation will play showing coins dropping to the floor or a potion.

is this possible I can't figure out how to make game know once the enemy(barrel) dies(breaks) the animation should play.
I could probably offer some help but first need clarification... you say "battle map".
Battle and Map by default are different "Scenes" (unless using an "on map" battle plugin)
...you just want to play an animation in the "Battle Scene" upon a certain enemies defeat?

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah so in simple
1) player attacks enemy which is a picture of a barrel which is stored in the SV enemies folder.
2) Barrel has 1 HP so it dies with one hit
3) Once Barrel gets killed a battle animation plays on the SV battle screen showing you the item that came from it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shoutala