Making an enemy attack a marked target?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I had an idea to put a boss in my game who's a sniper guarded by some tanky guarding allies. Most of my boss fight needs have been more or less within the scope of the basic RPG maker mv, but I've been wanting to make bosses that target specific actors under specific conditions. So, let's say this sniper has a mark skill that increases their damage against an enemy. And they use this mark skill on Actor 1 on the first turn, and then shoots them with a special skill on the second (So, the player has time to prepare for a high damage attack), does anybody know how I'd go about that?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, it seems like this is the right place for it though.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'd post this as a question on the board for whichever version of RPGMaker you're using, since the features and plugins can change in every version, and so would the method to implement it. Without knowing the version, it's hard to give any concrete advice.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Without knowing which engine you are using I cannot move it to the correct Support forum. Please post to clarify which engine it is. You might also like to edit your Profile page to show which it is so that people can know in the future.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You'd post this as a question on the board for whichever version of RPGMaker you're using, since the features and plugins can change in every version, and so would the method to implement it. Without knowing the version, it's hard to give any concrete advice.
I did put RPG Maker MV in the post, but yeah, sorry for getting the wrong place.

Without knowing which engine you are using I cannot move it to the correct Support forum. Please post to clarify which engine it is. You might also like to edit your Profile page to show which it is so that people can know in the future.
Sorry about that. I did mention RPG maker MV in the post, though.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]RPG Maker MV[/move]

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what you want is the target rate on the actor, increase that as part of the features of the marked-state.

increasing the target rate increases the "weight" of the actor when determining who to attack for the enemies. If an actor has ten times the target rate as another actor, he is attacked ten times as often (the target rate does NOT use percentages directly, it's just that the editor form always place the % there).
You can use the trait multiple times to get it higher than 1000% (all values are multiplied)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deli