awesomeblueman

AwesomeBlueMan
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all!

I'm trying to make it so an event will walk to an "exit" event, no matter where they are on the map. I know there is the "Move to Player" Movement in the Movement map, but is there a way to have the event "move to target event?" Any help would be awesome!!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default

you either need a pathfinding plugin or you'll need to manually set the correct route (or by implementing a minor path logic by event instead of plugin)

awesomeblueman

AwesomeBlueMan
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default

you either need a pathfinding plugin or you'll need to manually set the correct route (or by implementing a minor path logic by event instead of plugin)
Would you happen to have a recommended pathfinder plugin or know an example of the path logic by event?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's even easier than that.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?posts/849064

under Pathfinding.

If you want to use the location of an event rather than a specific x, y destination, use $gameMap.event(id).x, $gameMap.event(id).y instead of just x and y, obviously replacing id with the actual id of the event you want to move to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vulgourso