SonicXAssassin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to do an event were I need two other characters (other the event that activates the scene ) that are needed. After the scene I want to put in I want to have all of the then erase the other events with the main event at eh same time, or in a set order if I have to. What do I do so I make I do to make it do this?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where are the official blogs hiding these days?  If you can find them (if you're on facebook, just look for some articles as that's where they'll be saved), look up the Tutorials - Hints & Tips for an article called "Events are not NPCs: The biggest mistake in cutscene events" - that article will step you through creating a cutscene where NPCs appear at a certain time, move around, have dialogue, and then disappear when everything is finished.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...really?

All I could find, after clicking to show similar entries by the way, was people in this forum mentioning it. And I looked all four pages (yes, there were only four pages)

SonicXAssassin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you for answering my question. I Needed this. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...really?

All I could find, after clicking to show similar entries by the way, was people in this forum mentioning it. And I looked all four pages (yes, there were only four pages)

It works for me; it's top of the results, too. Just sayin'.

I searched for "events aren't npcs" and it was the first result I got as well.  I tried "events arent npcs" just to see if it made a difference, and it picked up my typo, offered the correct search, and still gave me that page as the first result.

At least now I know how to find it easily - that's probably the only blog post that I link people to, and I link a LOT of people to it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh... I was searching for "events are not npcs" instead of "events aren't npcs"...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's my fault - sorry.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no problem. I didn't even notice until now myself. it is a subtle enough difference if I hadn't used quotes google would probably consider the same

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauram22