Making an item that affects a specific enemy...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Sarafin, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Sarafin

Sarafin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey there!

So I'm trying to make an item called "Rat Poison" that will only harm - you guessed it - rats. Any advice on how one could achieve such a thing? I was toying around with this last night with a friend, but it seems to still affect all enemies, no matter what we try to do. Basically I want it to poison, but also have a success rate of instantly killing the rat by about 50% of the time.

Thanks!

-Saraƒin

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I did something kinda similar, by making it do 9999 damage to all rats it was used on. How I did it was I made it use an element called Rat Poison, and them I made all enemies but rats have an element rate of 0% to the rat poison. That way it was useless against non-rats.

For your case what you may need to do is make a state which only rats are not resistant to. Then you would need a plug-in to have multiple KO conditions (as you can't use the KO state for the 50% chance to kill this way). Or, you could do something close to this...add a poison with HP Regen -99% which hits 50% of the time to rats (make everyone else immune to the state). That would work too.

3. Sarafin

Sarafin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! Will try it!

One dumb question: remind me how to make an enemy immune to a state. What I think I'm supposed to do is go to the specific enemy menu, make the State Resist of that specific state (I called it "Rat Poisoned")... but it's not working. I can still kill enemies that are not rats with the item. Something I'm forgetting? It's been a while since I touched this software so I'm a tad rusty.

-Saraƒin

Edit: Wait - think I figured something out... never mind! xD

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017