Status
Not open for further replies.

Norian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Next week I'll be starting a project with a couple friends I'd like to ask if it's possible for a game developed in vx ace to be online , like you know sign up and play. Is this possible in any way ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tutorials is for completed tutorials, not questions

No - if you had searched this forum, that question has been asked often, but currently available scripts have only limited online functions like high-scores.

For older makers, there are online-scripts but none had been completed for ace yet due to the workload needed.

It's assumed that Ace is about one year of additional work away from a real online script

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Online functionality is probably one of the hardest things to do. Simple things like online highscores have already been done, but if you are aiming for some kind of MMO, you probably will not only have to write the netcode yourself but modify how the engine itself works.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are other engines specifically for making 2D Multiplayer Online Games... Why not use those instead?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YukiYuki