Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So, I was talking with one of my friends, and I asked if I should just cut out the battles from my game, because they'll just feel like RPG Maker fights, but he said no, because lots of indie/RPG Maker games do that. Off the top of my, Lisa: The First and OneShot.
In a newer RPG Maker engine, I don't think this would be as big of a problem, but I decided to cheap-out.

Mostly just looking for ideas that could work within the confines of 2k3. Any help is appreciated!

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
maybe you can do evented on map battle to make it look different than regular RM battle.

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
maybe you can do evented on map battle to make it look different than regular RM battle.
Yeah, I tried something like that a month or two ago, I was worried about getting the battle's item and spell menus to sync up, and get them to work at all. Any ideas?

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yeah, I tried something like that a month or two ago, I was worried about getting the battle's item and spell menus to sync up, and get them to work at all. Any ideas?
Wait, there's a thread about this.

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I like your idea, but I'm not sure how I should get everything working. If you have any advice, please tell me!

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Last edited:

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks for the reply! I saw this thread a little while ago, are you sure this will work?
Just open it in with 2k3 it will ask to update, once you do you should be able to see the coding just copy it and bring it into a new project. I might rework one myself when I have time as well.

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Just open it in with 2k3 it will ask to update, once you do you should be able to see the coding just copy it and bring it into a new project. I might rework one myself when I have time as well.
Thanks a lot! I think this might just work!

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Here I converted it for you, so you can just read through the common events and work it out how you want to :kaopride: if you find any bugs let me know, and ill sort it out.:rock-right: Gonna work on my own you might like that one when you see it. :cutesmile:

Attachments

Last edited:

Cherry

RM2k(3) Developer (English Version)
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I made a tool called RMEventFactory a long time ago which can help with repetitive eventing tasks of the kind that you need for custom battles and menus, for example "looping" over all your possible skills and checking if the user has learned them, or even maintaining your custom list of skills, items or enemies in Excel and generating event code (or whole events with multiple pages and different graphics) from that. It has a bit of a learning curve but it's worth it because it can save a tremendous amount of time and hassle. There is an extensive explanation included as PDF.

The download is here: http://cherrytree.at/cms/download/2013/01/29/dl-11-rmeventfactory.html?did=11

It hasn't been updated for the official version, but that just means that in the event script preview (and text export) it won't correctly display and recognize new features in events that are exclusive to the official version, but it can still work with them and import, modify and export them.

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I made a tool called RMEventFactory a long time ago which can help with repetitive eventing tasks of the kind that you need for custom battles and menus, for example "looping" over all your possible skills and checking if the user has learned them, or even maintaining your custom list of skills, items or enemies in Excel and generating event code (or whole events with multiple pages and different graphics) from that. It has a bit of a learning curve but it's worth it because it can save a tremendous amount of time and hassle. There is an extensive explanation included as PDF.

The download is here: http://cherrytree.at/cms/download/2013/01/29/dl-11-rmeventfactory.html?did=11

It hasn't been updated for the official version, but that just means that in the event script preview (and text export) it won't correctly display and recognize new features in events that are exclusive to the official version, but it can still work with them and import, modify and export them.
So, let me see if I understand you correctly.
You made an external program for 2k3 that lightens the load of making Event scripts? This is amazing!

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So, let me see if I understand you correctly.
You made an external program for 2k3 that lightens the load of making Event scripts? This is amazing!
yeah, i'm gonna not use this yet the learning curve looks pretty steep, But thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?
Some random sketch-letons.

I have a strong urge to make a tutorial video of all the random things I've learned since starting on my game. little helpful tips and stuff that may help people.
Do you guys think it's better to have all members in your team from the beginning (then you can pick who battles) or you gain team members as the story goes?
PL: Patch polonizujący do RPG Makera 2003 prawie gotowy! Mamy przetłumaczoną bazę danych (projekt), polskie fonty, wiadomości walki i jakieś 90% edytora.
Do przetłumacznia pozostało te 10% edytora i plik pomocy. Niedługo więcej informacji!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerilate