Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Something I find helps make bosses memorable, even if their fights aren't that interesting, is if every boss has a place in the story. Not Giant Space Flees out of Nowhere, guys, because those just bog down the pacing.

It makes much more sense for me to fight a chimera that was previously stated in the story as being the ancient guardian of these ruins, set there by the main characters parents to never let anyone discover their dark secrets, than it does for me to fight a pair of crows that just happened to be near that plot device i needed to unlock more story.

In short, make the bosses mean something to the story, give them a reason to be there, rather than just putting something there because you need some sort of boss. This alone will help make your bosses more memorable. :D

EDIT: And I see Whitesphere above me just said the same thing, so TVTROPES PEOPLE UNITE! YAH!
Aah, yes.  TVTropes.org is a majorly interesting website  --- always a fun concept to explore.

Vinedrius

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Something I find helps make bosses memorable, even if their fights aren't that interesting, is if every boss has a place in the story. Not Giant Space Flees out of Nowhere, guys, because those just bog down the pacing.

It makes much more sense for me to fight a chimera that was previously stated in the story as being the ancient guardian of these ruins, set there by the main characters parents to never let anyone discover their dark secrets, than it does for me to fight a pair of crows that just happened to be near that plot device i needed to unlock more story.

In short, make the bosses mean something to the story, give them a reason to be there, rather than just putting something there because you need some sort of boss. This alone will help make your bosses more memorable. :D

EDIT: And I see Whitesphere above me just said the same thing, so TVTROPES PEOPLE UNITE! YAH!
Snow Stealing Prince spoiler sighted!..... /runs away

Qem95

Hakuna Mattel Electronics
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In the game im making, theres no battle system fights; just plain duking it out in the overworld.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Qem95, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This is actually over 2 years old, so necro-posting to a high degree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

So I decided the best way to represent insanity was to simply make two maps fight for supremacy in front of the player. The results are everything I hoped for! :LZSexcite:

Ami
look the release date - finally!!!
look the price - (convert into Rupiah)"maybe im too forcing myself…" (wait again until Autumn or Christmas Sale)
so MZ is releasing next month :/ I still don't know if I should pick it up or not
I wish all of you have a good time in your life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiburwolf