Making certain enemy appear based on items

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by need help, Oct 5, 2016.

1. need help

need help Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    RPG Maker MV :      How would i make certain enemies appear based on the number of an item i have in inventory? Ex: Potion=1 in inventory, slime appears. Potion=2 in inventory, bat appears.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Which RPGMaker is this for?

3. need help

need help Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Its for RPG Maker MV

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, thanks.

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Where you had your thread was for released commercial games. Here you will be more likely to get an answer for your question.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  5. BentStick

BentStick Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    There are several ways to do this.  You can

A) Create a troop with enemies that "half appear" - then trigger them to appear when the party has certain numbers of items.
    B ) Create an encounter that is only triggered when you have the appropriate items - this is if you want different troops to appear depending on items, rather than particular enemies within one troop.

In troop editor, follow the pictorial steps below.

Pic 1 - Add your enemies and right click to make them "appear halfway"

example 1.png
    Pict 2 - Create a variable to track the # of your chosen items.

example 2.png
    Pict 3 - Have this variable set to the value of the approrpiate item count in "game data" example 3.png

4. Create a "conditional branch" that tests to see if the new variable is at the appropriate # for either enemy set 1 or set 2 (or 3, or 4). Be sure to add an "Else" example 4.png

5. After "if" but before "else", insert an event to make the chosen enemy or enemies appear.  This is all in turn 0, before the action begins.

5.  example 5.png

6. Your event page in the troop should look more or less as pictured:
    example 6.png

Test it and tweak it. If this doesn't work, you can always play with having an "anchor" enemy that appears regardless, or even have them "transform" into the other enemy rather than appearing fully.  Enemy transform is another option in the event selector.

If you want, you could use more or less the same steps for Option B from an event, but instead of making enemies appear half-way, you'd be using "battle processing" to select the appropriate team of enemies based on the same if/else structure.

Let me know if that answers the issue, or if you can work out a solution from my proposal.

Thanks!

6. need help

need help Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    This worked, thanks.

BentStick likes this.