Goddiga

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I've been looking into "Window_Selectable" in "rpg.windows.js" and see that it could be possible for me to do some tricks with a cursor movement by using script call without writing the whole new script.

I managed to invert the cursor movement by swapping the command in "Window_Selectable.prototype.cursorDown" and "Window_Selectable.prototype.cursorUp" with script call. So, I think I can do that to make the cursor moving up or down forever without (but still can) the player's arrow keys input (the confirm and cancel button is still intact). Also, moving the cursor to a specified choice when player trying to move it (e.g. when I pressed the down button, it will go down for a second and go back up to the upper choice.). I just had no idea which "Window_Selectable.prototype.XXXX" I should edit.

If anyone can point me out the hints where the line to make this possible is, please let me know. Thank you very much!

Orichalcum+

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could force the input by changing "Input._currentState.dir" to true.
But Window_Selectable.prototype.processCursorMove is might be what you are looking for.

Goddiga

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could force the input by changing "Input._currentState.dir" to true.
But Window_Selectable.prototype.processCursorMove is might be what you are looking for.

Thank you! Anyways, how does "Input._currentState.dir" work? Did I just have to use a script call of Input._currentState.dir = true? Would you please provide me more information about how to use it?

Orichalcum+

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry for the late response. Replace .dir with the direction you want, to force down as the input you'd write "Input._currentState.down = true" this will force down to be the input untill you set the direction to false or the player presses the down key.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!.
Just read the forum rules just for kicks and rule 14 reminds me of this:
150.jpg
I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC based success/fail (modified by player skill). Before, it required a certain flat amount you had to meet, but with rolls, it offers more freedom. For instance, you can repeatedly try to unlock a door instead of just not meeting the requirement to unlock it.
Since we get very close: If you want to enjoy the advent calendar as it is intended, wait til your date and the day in the URL line up, so you have the final day on actual christmas and not the day before... time zones ;3
1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nastyboydima