Making Dog event go away.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by TecNoir, Aug 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TecNoir

TecNoir Grand Poo-bah Member

First Language:
    English
    So I'm trying to make this event where you're in your house, and before you can leave you have to get your dog. So the dog currently is an event and when you take him with you, he joins your party, you can exit the door, and the dog event disappears. I'm not sure what I should use, variables, switches? I can't seem to set it up so the dog event is gone permanently once he joins your party. Help?

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You do this with switches or self switches. You should read up on them, as they will form the most basic building blocks of your game, and you really need to know what they are and how to use them. Check the Tutorials forum and search for switches - there are several good tutorials available.

3. SlaveOfThaMind

SlaveOfThaMind Game Developer / Musician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    add the erase event command at the end of the event :)

4. Super Galaxy Convoy

Super Galaxy Convoy Supreme Commander Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Erase event just remove the event temporarily. The event will be back as soon as the player re-enter that area. What you need to do is to use a self-switch and on leave the second page of the event blank.

SlaveOfThaMind and TecNoir like this.