ChopChopBaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day, this will be my first post in this forum, I apologize for any mistakes.

I am using Yanfly's ATB plugin for my game, and I noticed that enemies only moves after all battlers attacked. Is there anyway for enemies to attack without having to wait for the battlers to attack?

Again, sorry for the noob question.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by default, turn order depends on battler agility and sill speed.

after choosing the skill to use, the engine calculates for each action (battler/enemy.agi + skill.speed + random%) and then orders highest value to lowest.

The only way this result in enemies going last is if you either give all enemies low AGI or if the enemy skills have much lower or negative speed values.
so changing one or both of those values to be higher will automatically correct the problem.

ChopChopBaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by default, turn order depends on battler agility and sill speed.

after choosing the skill to use, the engine calculates for each action (battler/enemy.agi + skill.speed + random%) and then orders highest value to lowest.

The only way this result in enemies going last is if you either give all enemies low AGI or if the enemy skills have much lower or negative speed values.
so changing one or both of those values to be higher will automatically correct the problem
It worked, I increased the agility, and the enemies attack me first now while the AT gauge is not full.

If I can also ask another question, is their a way for the enemies to also attack, even the AT gauge of the battlers is full? I noticed that enemies will not take action if the AT gauge is full and will wait for the player to issue a command

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the enemies do not wait at all - the timer itself is stopped to allow the player to think about what command to use.

that is the way the battlesystem works, I think you'll have to switch to a CTB if you do not want that. Or check the plugin options if you can change that there

ChopChopBaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the enemies do not wait at all - the timer itself is stopped to allow the player to think about what command to use.

that is the way the battlesystem works, I think you'll have to switch to a CTB if you do not want that. Or check the plugin options if you can change that there
Oh I see, is their a way to make the timer not stop when it is the player's turn to choose a command? I am trying to replicate an active ATB system like in Final Fantasy 4.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I drew one of my chars! The man with 100 kids and a lot of love to give :kaopride:
Me: *about to stalk someone's posts*
Forum: "This member limits who may view their full profile."
Me: *bummer*
Also forum: Advanced search > Posted by ...
1B77FB7E-3802-4179-BB2D-F390021512A6.jpeg
Starting a fly by the night dev studio. Anyone want in? Excellent working conditions with onsite lodging. LOL
I finally got all the walk animations done! I mean, I gotta reskin it for the actual characters since this is a character from another project, but still! Doesn't look like a mess now! ;v;
[IMG]https://s3.gifyu.com/images/kalirr-movement-animation-showoff.gif[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veegsredds