Youhadabadday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on a block puzzle for one of my games, which is a staple of RPGs. However, the way it works requires me to have one event trigger another event. Is there any straight forward way to accomplish this? If it is possible, can you tell me how to do it? Thank you.

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any reason why regular switches wouldn't work?

Reactions: Bex

RianQuenlin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Last edited:
Reactions: Bex

SanaMasako

FNF Lover (lol)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure you can accomplish this with variables and switches, + the event page you want to trigger being set to Parallel under trigger type. I'm no pro so anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, this is my first time ever trying to help someone with eventing (I myself am having trouble with it right now and I don't know why, haha).

Let's say you have a pushable block, and somewhere on the map, there's an event we'll call A. When the block is pushed onto A, assuming A's trigger is "Event Touch", A will activate.

You say you want A to activate another event, so we'll call it B. B's trigger should be set to Parallel, and should have conditions. Let's say A has a command that sets a switch called BlockInPlace to on, so B's condition should be "Switch = [ID] BlockInPlace", so that whenever BlockInPlace is enabled, the event will go off.

Let's assume some more, say this is level 1 and B is a door entity. B likely relies on A to open. So, in B's contents, make a command that sets another switch to on, I would call it DoorOpen.

Make a new event page for B, then set its image to an open door sprite opposed to the first one, which should be a closed door. On B's new page, make sure "through" is enabled, which should allow your character to walk through it (I myself have never used Through as it hasn't been a necessity for me yet), and B page 2's condition to "Switch = [ID] DoorOpen". On the new page I'd put the transfer player command and take the player to level 2, and if you want to be fancy, put a "proceed to level 2?" dialogue with a yes or no prompt. Also, B page 2 should have "Player Touch" as a trigger.

I'm sorry if this didn't help. I'm trying my best to understand. If it did help though, you're welcome.
Update: I think I misunderstood what Event Touch and Parallel do, I'm sorry. Apparently Event Touch is for when the event touches the player, not when an event touches another event. Parallel... "runs cyclically while the event is present". I think maybe someone would have a better explanation, which could involve common events but I don't mess around with those often.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Events cant touch Activate other Events in RPG Maker.

Depending on what exactly you try to achieve, this would be more or less easy to Workaround.
2 Ant Colonies Fighting through Events touching each other, would not be possible in standard rpg maker.
You mentioned Puzzles, depending on the details of that Puzzle we maybe could come up with useful other Solutions.

Youhadabadday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Events cant touch Activate other Events in RPG Maker.

Depending on what exactly you try to achieve, this would be more or less easy to Workaround.
2 Ant Colonies Fighting through Events touching each other, would not be possible in standard rpg maker.
You mentioned Puzzles, depending on the details of that Puzzle we maybe could come up with useful other Solutions.

Okay, so my puzzle is a sequence of two seperate block pushing puzzles that activate a portion of a bridge once both boxes have been pushed to a specific spot on a grid. I'm using this event to track when a box is in the aforementioned designated posistion.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
now i feel a little stupid, i missread your first question.

The answer is Conditions and Values.

In Event A you can Turn On or Off a Switch or set a Variable to a Value.
In Event B you can use that Switch for the Page Condition of that Event.
Thatway it is possible that Event A triggers Event B.

If an Event got multiple Eventpages, the highest Page number which fulfills the Page Conditions
is used as active Eventpage for that Event.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.
A secret desire of mine: I want to make a horror game based on Celtic mythology. I've seen plenty of Greek, Japanese and Norse mythology-based horror games, but I don't think I've ever seen a Celtic-based horror game anywhere...
FF Opera Omnia is in quite a bizarre state right now. As soon as the tutorial is completed, the game levels all characters to level 70 and makes all new characters start at level 70.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasingtheGale