MoonBunny

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making some use of YED Invert Target. With this in place, I want the player to be able to cast spells that would cause HP Recovery, and instead have them deal HP Damage to certain enemies (such as undead). Is this feasible within the base engine, or will I need another plugin?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
invert target only allows you to change targeting, not skill effect.

theoretically it is possible to give a skill multiple effects by damage coding - you can use javascript commands inside the damage formula, for example if target is enemy then do that. You don't even need plugins for that.

unfortunately I think that in the case of your skill the required code is a bit complex and long for the limited space of the damage formula, so it is probably better to look for a plugin.

MoonBunny

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
invert target only allows you to change targeting, not skill effect.

theoretically it is possible to give a skill multiple effects by damage coding - you can use javascript commands inside the damage formula, for example if target is enemy then do that. You don't even need plugins for that.

unfortunately I think that in the case of your skill the required code is a bit complex and long for the limited space of the damage formula, so it is probably better to look for a plugin.
I'm fully aware that Invert Target is only to change target, not effect. That's why I asked for a method to change the effect on specific enemies.
I can experiment around with the damage formula, but if you happen to know a plugin then I'd appreciate it, because I haven't found one yet.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would have linked or mentioned it if I knew one.
It should be possible to do with yanfly's action sequences and lunatic coding, but I don't know enough of them to point you to which plugins.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been using this for my games without issues. Just need the help of other plugins, with a little setup. If you are interesting, I can tell you about that.

MoonBunny

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been using this for my games without issues. Just need the help of other plugins, with a little setup. If you are interesting, I can tell you about that.
That would be great! I'm not opposed to adding more plugins, as long as there's no conflict with what I currently use.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would be great! I'm not opposed to adding more plugins, as long as there's no conflict with what I currently use.
I cannot guarantee that there will be no conflict, but most likely no because one is from Yanfly (Damage Core) and another from NeMV (NeMV's Tag Plugin). The tag one does not do anything at all (so there should be no conflict), just only allow you to give a tag to an object for further use and it is the best fit for the lunatic mode from Yanfly plugins. This is how I make use of these two plugins:
- Damage Core to alter the traditional damage formula and uses it in lunatic mode.
- Tag to give a specific tag to your object (enemies, items, armor, weapon, etc) to make use of it in Damage Core (In this case, a tag "Undead" to your enemies is useful).

So how to do this?
- First, with the Tag plugin, give a tag "Undead" to your enemies by putting this note tag into their note boxes (Remember tags are case sensitive, meaning "Undead" is different from "undead", so please type them correctly):
Code:
<Tags: Undead>
- Next, it is time to use the Damage Core from Yanfly. Let's change your damage type from your skill to HP Recover, and wipe all the values in the traditional damage formula box, and put the below note tag in your skill note box:
Code:
<damage formula>
//Set the damage here (HP recover in this case). I use the user's MAT as an example. You can change it.
dmg = user.mat;
//Check if the target is undead. We tagged it before.
if target.hasTag("Undead"){
//As this is an HP Recover type, the damage is a negative number, so adding a - symbol will make it a positive number as an HP Damage. Value refers to the damage dealt.
value = -dmg;}
else{
//if not an undead, do the normal heal.
value = dmg;}
</damage formula>

The Tag plugin from NeMV is a very powerful one, so if you are used to the lunatic modes from Yanfly's plugins, it will be a perfect combination.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanfly element core can do this with element absorb. the notetag lets element rate go lower then 0% and gives element rate -200% (turn default 100% into -100%). a negative element rate flips damage into healing and vice versa.
just need to make an element type for healing magic and give <element absorb: healingID> notetags to undead monsters = hurt by healing

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D
Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrSunshine