Status
Not open for further replies.

joeydotrawr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyone know how to orient the screen to an isometric viewpoint? I've seen something similar done during battles, but I'm curious if it's possible to do outside of combat.

csevans84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It is possible. But your best bet is to make parallax maps in photo shop and use Yanfly's region plugin.

This is a test I made about a week back. It worked perfectly with Yanfly's region plugin.
363890_screenshots_20170708150715_1.jpg

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm not sure about changing the actual screen but you can "fake" isometric view by using orthogonal graphics that are made to look isometric.

Basically you make an isometric tile using orthogonal tiles. Each tile represents a corner of the isometric cube.

isometric_example001.png

joeydotrawr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the responses guys. Gave me a few ideas.

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game uses an isometric view for most maps, i use parallax mapping combined with most plugins from: https://quxios.github.io/#/plugin
Specifically, the essential plugins you need are Qmove and Qmovement. For pixel movement and the use of colliders respectively

Simientes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm tryng to achieve that using TileD, it is working at this point, have anyone tried isometric mode on Tiled before?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

giuliani, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

As the OP hasn't been online since 2017, I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Did some animated message faces. But why not animate menu faces too?

Confession: I don't know how to make a custom intro screen. I've tried a plugin, but I want...something more. Something dynamic!
Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vataccounting