Fierce Demon Woof
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Back to the forums, it seems.

Anyways, I haven't been able to find an easy to use script that allows there to be different menus for different things. (I've looked all day ;-; )

I'm basing my game off a discord joke, because I thought the joke was funny, and it is a really over the top game, but this is off topic, and my request lies in the menus.
My problem is, I want the chatboxes/menus to have different backgrounds, and the Window image sets it to be the same for all textboxes and menus, plus doesn't have menu backgrounds.
An example of this is I want the escape menu to look like the User Settings menu of Discord, like the background and things. ( Basically, a black bar at the top, a dark grey rectangle behind the options like Party and End Game, and the menu where the party is to be a lighter grey. I do have an image for reference. You can ask if you feel it's needed. )
I also want the choices box to be different to the message boxes, like- the message boxes to be the discord messages, and the choices to just be the dark grey of the other menu. I'd like the solutions to not involve much coding, or be really simple, since.. I'm honestly terrible-

Sorry if I sound pushy at all, or if this is already answered. I've looked for quite a while, I may just be looking in the wrong places though.
Thanks- Tevi.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since you want specific designs for different menu screens, Your best bet is to use Luna engine.
If you were changing the windowskin for a few extra scenes, that would have been easy. Just one command in the script.
But your talking about a specific look and feel. There are a few scripts that do change the menu, but the scripts only allow the entire menu to change to the same style. With luna engine you can make whatever style you want, and have it different for each screen.
A word of caution though, Luna engine is not easy and takes a fair bit of time to make it work (design + artwork).

ZirconStorms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you're asking for something highly customized in the RGSS3 forums, never expect "simple" solutions.
You'll need to learn basic scripting skills to use these codes.

Anyways, here's stuff you can look into if you don't want to go with Ron's suggestion of using the Luna Engine:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/windowskin-changer.33796/
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/save-load-background-image.17059
https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/22168-modifying-main-menu-elementsbackgrounds/
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ace-images-behind-all-menus-a-request.102212/

You can also add self.windowskin = Cache.system("") in Window classes, to customize what windowskin is drawn for specific windows. EX: choice windows, message windows, etc...

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl