MAIR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I really hate the stock MV menus. They're just so bland, so I want to spice things up. How would I go about moving the menu, changing it's shape, showing portraits, etc. Using Persona Q as an example, but I really just want to be able to have full control over my UI. I've never done this, so where would I start?

51Yev9q6rVL.jpg

personaQ024.jpg

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you have no programming skill, I'd suggest using a common evented menu and maybe some animated picture plugins. 

MAIR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@jupitersdaughter I'm not clueless when it comes to programming, but I'm certainly no expert.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good.

Because while there are some plugins that will help, if you want a specific menu style chances are you'll need to change the details yourself.

I'm looking, but can't find a way to make a menu based on images for example... (not that that is the case... I think. I went to play this very game today and it seems my cartridge is having problems...)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good.

Because while there are some plugins that will help, if you want a specific menu style chances are you'll need to change the details yourself.

I'm looking, but can't find a way to make a menu based on images for example... (not that that is the case... I think. I went to play this very game today and it seems my cartridge is having problems...)

You could use Nasty's replace window with image plugin. Or just common event the menu, which will be all pictures.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't see this plugin on the Master List... but again, I noticed it is not complete yet.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, I've been wanting to do this randomized logic puzzle in my game for years now. I finally figured out how to do it by using arrays and a few small script calls. It's based on the Einstein Fish Puzzle! :D Though, I have no idea how to actually have the player put in answers.... might start a thread about it.

The projectiles shown in this video are as follows:
1, Basic Triple
2, 30-Degree Arc
3, Randomized Blast Wave
4, 8-way
5, 8-way Double
6, 8-way Slowness
7, 120-Degree Arc Repetitive
8, Projective Triple
9, Split 8-way
10, 2-way Split Randomized Arc
11, HP-MP Split Arc
12, Split Laser
13, Shock
14, Cosine
Drop shadows and water reflections tests in RPG Maker VX Ace

BgI3F80.png
I'm doing a fairy tale project Little Red Riding Hood and the Woodsman. I'm almost done with the demo in my native language and I intend to make a demo version in English as well. I'm just going to use the translator because I don't know the pronunciations very well, I only know how to say "Hey" and nothing else.. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badhotsauce