Making movies, help

Reaction score
First Language
Norway
Primarily Uses
There is a possibility to have movies in the RPG game, but these have to be in an .ogg file.

How do I make these? Should I make a movie in flash, and then convert it, or is there an own creator for such files?

awgord

Budding Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While I'm relatively new to using RM, I have made a small (and I mean small) intro movie for my current project.  I used Windows Movie Maker, which is free, and then to convert it to .ogg I went to http://www.online-convert.com/

I thought about going with installing a conversion program, tried one, it wouldn't do .ogg files, and that was when I found the aforementioned website.  It does the conversion for you, again for free, and it saves the frustration of finding a good "free" conversion program to install on your machine.

Reaction score
First Language
Norway
Primarily Uses
Thank you good sir. That might just be the thing I am looking for.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't mean to revive a dead topic but when I convert to OGG format and try to have it play the movie, it crashes.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
maybe the converting process was erroneous... try other converters... VLC for example can also convert to ogv files.

Celeste-Ominous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know this is from a while ago, but I'm having the same problem with the movie. Even after converting it to ogg file, the game crashes every time.

I tried to look for a converter to ogv, but I can't find anything. Someone please help me with this. :(

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
For converting videos to .ogv (OGG MOVIE) I use "Any Video Converter" (program) and it works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.<
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
When I said I'd make 20 games in 2020, I scared myself. Now it's mid-February, and I've made 6 games. So I got this. But, then again...do I got this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ally_dwight