Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, community.

I just wanted to share my experience on that. Mainly because I thought it was sth basic, but it managed to drive me nuts for the most of this afternoon. I came down here to find a solution but couldn't find anything.

In a nutshell: I created an amulet that provided the user with immunity to Paralysis. This was key to the campaign against the Boss, that's why I nearly freaked out trying to make it work.

I created the amulet as an accessory and added State Resist to Paralysis. It should have worked, but didn't.
So I went back and forth between the Armors, Enemies and Troops pages in the database, trying to work out with State rates and all. Nothing helped and I thought "I'm missing something very simple".
Then I laid eyes on the States page. There I found an unchecked box called "Remove by restriction" which, by the pop-up help, I understood makes the current state be replaced by another, e.g. poison.
I'm still not 100% this should be the ideal solution, or even the correct procedure to make these types of items. It has proven effective in playtest, though I haven't tryed it out with the Enemy using other types of State attacks.

If you have any thoughts, please let me know.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You've done something wrong (or a plugin is causing odd behavior, but most likely you've done something wrong). State Resist will make it impossible for a character with the item equipped to be put in the specified State. Remove by Restriction, as you mentioned, merely removes the state if they are put in a state that causes them to not be able to select and execute actions normally - since Paralysis is one such state, I think the State might even be removing itself regardless of whether you have the Equip on or not!!

Here are a few guesses I can offer on what you might have done wrong:
  • You might have forgotten to Save your data before testing the Equip's functionality. (After you fix any of the below issues, be sure to Save before a battle test or playtest!)
  • You might have created a second Paralysis state (one already comes with the database when you create a new project), and given the equip State Resist to the first State.
  • Or, if you created a second Paralysis state, you might have accidentally made a skill apply the first Paralysis state, whereas your equip correctly blocks the second one.
  • You might have accidentally used State Rate instead of State Resist.
  • You might have forgotten to equip the Amulet in a battle test or playtest.
  • You might be using a Plugin that messed something up (try testing with all Plugins OFF).

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, that is rather strange. I created an item that protects against a bunch of states, and then created a monster with an ability that inflicts those states. The item protected against everything without any extra configuration. Perhaps there is a plugin to blame? How is the boss inflicting the states on the characters?

Cezar_cr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Wavelength
Although I had already tested for all your suggestions, your insight on Paralysis removing itself got me thinking.
And thanks to you too, @Ossra , for showing it had worked for you without a problem.

Inspired by your replies it crossed my mind I collected my first attempt of the item in game and equipped it straight away. I suppose my first design was flawed, and then, after fixing it, the item was not updated in the saved game.
I am to blame, I hadn't batlle-tested, only playtested.
When I did, unchecking the "remove by restriction" box, it worked like a charm.

So I placed an event in the playtest to give me the updated version of the item. They were equipped and worked fine.

I am still not sure what exactly is or isn't uptaded on previously saved games after changes on DB. It seems armour items aren't.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm very glad this worked for you! I forget exactly how the stat updates work as far as loading a previously saved game where the DB has been changed, but it does sound reasonable that might have been your issue. It's always a good idea, after you make a change and want to make sure the behavior works correctly, to save your project and then try it out in either a Battle Test or a New Game playtest. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ianhendrawan