Status
Not open for further replies.

Puxido

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im trying to make my first game, so I decided to add ores.  I made an event where the player can mine amathyst out of amythyst ore, the only problem is that they could spam it.

How do i make an event where you cannot repeat the event for say 30 minutes, (the time really doesnt matter, and I will probably adjust it depending on what ore)?

I use RPG maker vx ace

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread, im new to these forums.

If it helps, this is the event so you can know where im at on it

@>Test:-,-, Normal, Bottom

:           : Mined Amathyst Ore

@>Change Items: [Amathyst], + 5

@>

Help is appreciated, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a script somewhere (check the master script list) that allows you to set up multiple Game_Timer instances, and you can hook up each ore-mining event to a different timer instance. (Ore event respawn, or just switch-disabling the event from running until the timer finishes)

Puxido

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a script somewhere (check the master script list) that allows you to set up multiple Game_Timer instances, and you can hook up each event to a different timer instance. (Ore event respawn, or just switch-disabling the event from running until the timer finishes)
how do game_timers work?  im still new to this, sorry

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're new to RM, then follow the link in my signature to a number of tips and tutorials to learn how to use RM.

I also suggest to temporarely postpone working on your main game, experimenting with the tutorials in a learning project until you know what to do.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that's my script. I use it exactly for this sort of stuff:

Extended Game Timers

Something else you could do is, instead of giving them something each time, pick a random number between 1 and 10, and ONLY give them something if the number chosen is 1. Then they can still spam it as much as they want, but on average, they'll only get something 10% of the time.

Puxido

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a script somewhere (check the master script list) that allows you to set up multiple Game_Timer instances, and you can hook up each ore-mining event to a different timer instance. (Ore event respawn, or just switch-disabling the event from running until the timer finishes)
Yeah, that's my script. I use it exactly for this sort of stuff:

Extended Game Timers

Something else you could do is, instead of giving them something each time, pick a random number between 1 and 10, and ONLY give them something if the number chosen is 1. Then they can still spam it as much as they want, but on average, they'll only get something 10% of the time.
Oy, it worked!  Thanks guys!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
secasus