Shadeshocked

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
What im trying to do is make it so that ranged attacks have their own hit type. I'm using yanfly's FTB and side view battle system so the way the actor responds is nice but when they are a ranged class if i set the hit type to physical the actor will run up and slash the enemy with his bow.

when i set it to magic hit type it does what i want but then it takes into account magic reflect and magic defence on the enemies part. i want the combat triangle to work in my game whereas mage beats melee, melee beats range and range beats mage... but this seems impossible considering there is no ranged attack type. 

any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Unfortunately you will need to modify the script to account for new hit types.

i want the combat triangle to work in my game whereas mage beats melee, melee beats range and range beats mage... but this seems impossible considering there is no ranged attack type.
Rather than using attack types, maybe you can use elements?

So someone that primarily uses melee attacks will have lower element rates for "magic" and higher element rates for "ranged"

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the battlers move in sideview, then that script has action sequences to create that movement.

In the case of symphony, those action sequences can be linked to skills if I remember correctly, so you only have to make a different action sequence for those ranged skills. IIRC there is a tutorial for making an bow/arrow action sequence on Symphony's site.

Shadeshocked

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately you will need to modify the script to account for new hit types.

Rather than using attack types, maybe you can use elements?

So someone that primarily uses melee attacks will have lower element rates for "magic" and higher element rates for "ranged"
Thank you very much sir.  That is perfect haha. I can always count on a fellow Canadian. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste
Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
venxarmy