Making sprites??? RPG Maker MV

Shiba Dogieyo

Friendly Doge
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't find any help on youtube or searching Google. They all lead to nowhere sadly.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, this is a pretty vague question, tbh. I mean if you just searched "how to make sprites" it probably wouldn't get you much anywhere. Really, the term "sprite" for a character is, I believe, a pretty RM specific term.

However, this tutorial might help you get started.

Also, I'm going to move this to Resource Support, which is what that section is for - asking for help in creating resources.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nah, it's not a term native to RPG Maker, but it can mean different things depending on the context. For example, a sprite can also mean a portrait like this.

But yes, your thread is very vague. What exactly are you looking for? Drawing tutorials? Or how to import sprites into RPG Maker?

Shiba Dogieyo

Friendly Doge
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Celianna Ahh yes, sorry. I mean like walksprites and talksprites or tiles. Anything really. I only have PaintDOTnet and Medibang and everyone who was teaching it was using GIMP, which my computer can't run.

Like, how big they need to be really.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The help manual with MV gives dimensions for sprites and other graphical resources. Typical walking sprites and tilesets are based on a 48 x 48 grid. These templates may be a help to you.

This topic gives a bit more detail about how sprites are set up and ways you can construct them outside of the 48x48 size.

Shiba Dogieyo

Friendly Doge
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@mlogan Thanks! I've practiced with one of the templates, but sadly...I saved over an hour worth of work lol rip.

Thanks tho lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy