Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't thought this forum is more secure then it should be. My silly brother had an easy travel here and posts a spam thread here using my account. I would suggest to disable preview of all forums here, but I believe that it is something which affects the guest visitors here..

Thank you.

~Regards

Justin Zalett

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How did he get in without your password?

Nathanial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would suggest to disable preview of all forums here, but I believe that it is something which affects the guest visitors here..
This has anything to do with the security of the forums... how?

If you have actual security concerns, I'd be happy for you to PM me and let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also suggest to make your password harder and also don't click the remember me box on your computer if you and your brother don't use different user profiles on that shared pc.

Seems like you just didn't protect your login details enough.

advice change your password to something really hard asap.

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Shaz: I am not sure, he was doing something by his cellphone. Certainly, If I tell you. He is a hacker.. and he is serious with this matter.

@Nathanial B.: I am not sure about any actual ideas, I am not a well experienced agent. But I think he was trying to hack our forums.. I am aware of it, he did warn me.

@ShinGamix: I've just changed my password right now, hopefully it's more challenging.

Thank you for overall replies.

Nathanial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh man, not his cell phone. This is Watch Dogs all over again.

If he actually got into your account, was he accessed over a wifi point? He could have snooped your password. I'll keep an eye on things as always, but if I were you, I wouldn't personally worry if you've taken the steps others have suggested. If he's on the same wifi network as you, send me off a PM. 

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes, he uses the same wi-fi network as me.

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Never the less Zalett, I'm not any of the moderators, but I can say safely that you're responsible for the security of your own account. If your brother gets in here, then you need to do something with you account, These forums are secure.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Even if the forum were as secure as Fort Knox, it wouldn't matter if your brother stole your key.  Legally, if he does anything with your username and password, it is your responsibility.  It may be only annoying on this forum, but what if he decides to steal your identity and buy a car with it?  Or clean out your bank account?

So I don't think it's the forum's job to stop your hacker brother from stealing your password.  

You could use Yubikey for a secure password.  What it is is a hardware dongle that, when inserted, acts like a USB keyboard.  When you physically push the device's button, it sends a complex alphanumeric password as if you were typing it.   Since it looks to the operating system like a USB keyboard, it should work with any browser.  The device isn't too expensive --- I purchased one for $25.

See http://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/yubikey/ for info

It won't stop him if he's doing a replay attack (i.e. capture your password and re-send it), but if he is typing in the password manually, this can make it nearly impossible for him.  Yubikey can be told to send a password as long or complex as you'd like.

However, if the forum supports Yubikey's special add ons, Yubikey can be configured to send one-use passwords.  This would probably even thwart your brother's replay attack.

If I were you, I would NEVER use any site if your hacker brother could see what you were doing.  In a perfect world, not living with your hacker brother would be best, for the reasons I mentioned above.  I'll state the blindingly obvious --- to the extent you have control over the matter, living with a criminal or criminal-in-training is a real bad idea.

Nathanial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
Added a small refining scene to my game.

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ristopaasivirta