Making the PageUp / PageDown button area wider (Window_Selectable)

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello there! I have recently tried to make the area of the Page up / Page down of a list a little wider, so it can be easily pressed on Mobile interface.
I have found a way to change the graphic of the button, but the graphic was not linked to hitbox area which can be pressed.

1578952235086.jpg

TL;DR: I want to make Page Up / Page Down List buttons bigger for Mobile Users.

If you could help me I would be really grateful!

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hisao Shou You would need to increase the standard padding from the default 18 to around 50. Unfortunately, since there is no separate horizontal padding option, doing so would increase the padding on all sides. There does not seem to be a simple way to create a wider touch area without doing some extensive tinkering.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Hisao Shou You would need to increase the standard padding from the default 18 to around 50. Unfortunately, since there is no separate horizontal padding option, doing so would increase the padding on all sides. There does not seem to be a simple way to create a wider touch area without doing some extensive tinkering.
Thank you for pointing out @Ossra. For me I think this will work out.
Do you know any way to increase the padding size of a specific Window_Selectable window?

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hisao Shou That would depend on the window. Sometimes the functions which determine the size, shape, and so on are changed within the code of the window.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Hisao Shou That would depend on the window. Sometimes the functions which determine the size, shape, and so on are changed within the code of the window.
I found the function. I have returned the updatePadding function to the window.
Thank you for your help! It means a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela