TenebrisCrow

The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying to make two variables equate to a percentage. I'm trying to make a good and evil system where 1 point can be added to evil, and 1 point can be added to good. I'll show an example hopefully this makes sense what I'm trying to do.

Good Variable = 77 (Suppose they did 77 good things)
Bad Variable = 77 (And 77 bad things)
Naturally the percent would be 50%

Good Variable = 9
Bad Variable = 1
90%??? (Not 100% sure if that's correct, but I want to find out a way to solve it within game)

Good Variable = 1
Bad Variable = 9
10%??? (Not 100% sure if that's correct, but I want to find out a way to solve it within game)

Good Variable = 927
Bad Variable = 400
So the percent would be ??? I need a way using variables to work this out for me in game to figure out if the person does more evil things through %. So if they're at 90% then they do many good things, and if they are 10% they do many bad things.

I'd need the % to go downwards all the way to 0% if they ONLY did good things. Also I'd need it to go all the way up to 100% if they ONLY did good things.
Sorry this is a really tough question and really hard to explain. Hopefully you understand.
I apologize if this question annoys you I can not think of any other way to explain it.

Any help would be truly appreciated! Thank you!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll need to get back on your mathematics.

Basically % = 100 * Value / total
and total = bad + good

In your last example that would be
good% = 100 * 927 / (400+927) or 69.8%

That can be calculated with a simple series of control variable command, although you'll need some temp variables for the intermediate parts of the calculation

TenebrisCrow

The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You'll need to get back on your mathematics.

Basically % = 100 * Value / total
and total = bad + good

In your last example that would be
good% = 100 * 927 / (400+927) or 69.8%

That can be calculated with a simple series of control variable command, although you'll need some temp variables for the intermediate parts of the calculation

Worked perfectly, honestly I was starting to believe it wasn't possible with RPG Maker, you made my day thank you! You're right though, I do need to get back onto my mathematics. I knew about finding a percent with one number, that's easy, but I wasn't sure how to use two.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Big Google Warning Today for chrome users - apparently some kind of security threat has happened and everyone is being advised to update their Chrome browser ASAP by going to settings and/or "About Google Chrome", to update their browser version to a new one just released.
Firefox pointed me to a little inspiration: https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/writers-maps

So, I shared. :D
To be released 2021/10/21
Now that I made this "What the MZ RTP is missing" spreadsheet it's itching me to fill some the gaps D:
Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viobat