Making your own simple, easy Battle HUD, how?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KawaiiKid while dev tools open with F8 in version 1.5.x and F12 for version 1.6.1
SRD_SuperToolEngine reverse it to F8 while F12 opens the tool engine.
the SuperTool Engine alone have Menu editor, and 2 dev tool, SRD_HUDMaker add HUD
to the tools to use.

what the errors tells is hard to say. I can look into it, but I dont have that issue.
you get a promp to restart the MV engine or the plugindata base so its ready to use.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@KawaiiKid while dev tools open with F8 in version 1.5.x and F12 for version 1.6.1
SRD_SuperToolEngine reverse it to F8 while F12 opens the tool engine.
the SuperTool Engine alone have Menu editor, and 2 dev tool, SRD_HUDMaker add HUD
to the tools to use.

what the errors tells is hard to say. I can look into it, but I dont have that issue.
you get a promp to restart the MV engine or the plugindata base so its ready to use.
I have no idea why this is happening either. I made a short recording of what I'm doing just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, and my results:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know srd tools can be below YEP, and hudmaker below.
can you try to make a new project (et keycode 124 (f12) there.

and see if its working? else PM me, and I help you there or we get fall far from
this subject.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That did work. So I'm assuming it has something to do with when I installed 1.6.1 on my previous project? I wonder what I could do to get around to fixing this problem.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update. I fixed this. I just did the reverse steps to update and for some reason that worked. Initially I updated a while back by dragging the updated files from a new project (all the .js other than plugins) and the index.html to the new project. This time I dragged all the files from the old project into a blank updated project and for some reason this worked. Hope this helps anyone in the future having the same issues!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
than your project was on 1.5.x and it wont work on 1.6.1 if you didn't update your project.
if you update to a new version, make sure to update your project too.

also a common mistake :)

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On the subject of this plugin, I'm trying to make a condition while making this battle hud so that the element only appears if it's that party member's turn / selected. I know nothing of javascript so looking over the charts I just assumed it would be $gameParty.members()[n]._selected but this doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to look around this one scriptcall.

it works if you have 2+ members and 1 HUD to see which turn it is:

"BattleManager.actor().actorId()"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recently discovered that an old member called "Kaus" stole some tilesets and claim as yours, and some people associate his nick with mine.
Besides having the same name, he was publishing tilesets too. Bad luck? Guess maybe I'll need to change my nickname... :(

My best practices for a new amazing plugin by this author https://kagedesuworkshop.blogspot.com
Hark, I like trains.
Lost in a place were boiler, washing machine, internet & TV are broken. Nice experience, if only I didn't payed for such stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rafabillor