English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maliki's Dual Wield MZ

ver 1.0
Introduction:

A release of my Dual Wield Plugin configured for MZ

Features
This plugin allows devs to set weapons as twohanded, disallowing players from equipping weapons to the Off-hand. Also allows for Main or off-hand only weapons.
Enhances traits by specifying main, off(sub), or double grip traits.
Adds an equip "Potential" stat, that can be used when Optimizing equips.

Howto: After installing the plugin, locate any weapon(s) you want to be two-handed in your database and add the tag <twohand> to the weapon's note field. That's it!

Weapons can be designated as off-hand only weapons by placing <shld> in their notebox.

Note that the plugin's file name must not be changed.

(Optional steps as well as detailed instructions can be found in the Help section.)

Plugin Conflicts: There shouldn't be any conflicts with this plugin, however let me know if any are found and I'll try to correct them.

Permissions: This plugin can be used in any project, commercial or otherwise, as long as credit is given.

Download: HERE

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does this also change it so you attack twice when dual wielding? Once with the main hand, and again with the off-hand? Because currently even if you dual wield, you only strike the enemy once.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does this also change it so you attack twice when dual wielding? Once with the main hand, and again with the off-hand? Because currently even if you dual wield, you only strike the enemy once.
Current this plugin doesn't do double hits. A way to remedy this is to add a sub trait to all off hand capable weapons adding an attack plus to it. The PC should then attack twice.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm really glad to see this plugin return for MZ. Thank you!

I also had a question, but I'm not sure if it's too much.

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Current this plugin doesn't do double hits. A way to remedy this is to add a sub trait to all off hand capable weapons adding an attack plus to it. The PC should then attack twice.
But that double hit would calculate both weapons in the damage though, right? Same as it does currently in the default engine? It would be amazing if this plugin would add double hit and then the first hit only factored in your main hand attack, and the second attack with the offhand.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
But that double hit would calculate both weapons in the damage though, right? Same as it does currently in the default engine? It would be amazing if this plugin would add double hit and then the first hit only factored in your main hand attack, and the second attack with the offhand.
Ramza's plugin does that.
I don't include it for personal reasons so your options would be to purchase his or use the trait system I have.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad to hear that! Ask away! All I can say is "no".
It's been a while since I've been more active here, so I'm not sure how reasonable this is. Would it be possible to add functionality for weapons which use ammo in the offhand slot?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@SpacemanFive Well, if you intend for the ammo to be consumed automatically, then yes and no...
Let's use a bow and arrows as an example.

You can make the bow a one handed weapon that is a tagged with <mainWeaponOnly>.
And has a trait which allows equipping of Arrow type weapons.
Then create an Arrow type weapon with the tag <shld> which makes it off-hand only.
(You can make it so only the arrows unlock the skills for the weapon combo.)
To make the combo use ammo, you'd have to either find a plugin that does it, or make specific skills do so in the damage formula which isn't perfect, since it will not use ammo if the skill misses.

To do this in the damage formula, try this:

JavaScript:
$gameParty.loseItem($dataWeapons[x], y, true); z,
Where x is the weapon ID in the database, y is the amount and z is the actual damage in the formula.

This is not perfect either because if the arrows can be taken from a different actor's equips if multiple actors have them on at once. (This can be remedied if only one party member can use the equipment.)
Also note that the plugin will not show the amount to ammo the player has. It's not exactly beyond my ability to add, but it's not something I really want to do at the moment.

Hope this helps.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@SpacemanFive Well, if you intend for the ammo to be consumed automatically, then yes and no...
Let's use a bow and arrows as an example.

You can make the bow a one handed weapon that is a tagged with <mainWeaponOnly>.
And has a trait which allows equipping of Arrow type weapons.
Then create an Arrow type weapon with the tag <shld> which makes it off-hand only.
(You can make it so only the arrows unlock the skills for the weapon combo.)
To make the combo use ammo, you'd have to either find a plugin that does it, or make specific skills do so in the damage formula which isn't perfect, since it will not use ammo if the skill misses.

To do this in the damage formula, try this:

JavaScript:
$gameParty.loseItem($dataWeapons[x], y, true); z,
Where x is the weapon ID in the database, y is the amount and z is the actual damage in the formula.

This is not perfect either because if the arrows can be taken from a different actor's equips if multiple actors have them on at once. (This can be remedied if only one party member can use the equipment.)
Also note that the plugin will not show the amount to ammo the player has. It's not exactly beyond my ability to add, but it's not something I really want to do at the moment.

Hope this helps.
Ah, thank you! I believe I saw a plugin already that can make skills cost items to use, so I might be able to use that to make ammo work fully. That does help!

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Maliki79
I cant get this to work.
I get Undefined for the second slot.
Have Dual Wield in my Class Note Tag.
1601018514875.png

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
By chance, did you rename the plugin when saving it? The plugin name must remain
MalMZDualWield.js

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, ended up at the hospital with the oldest so mebbe might make the game jam's deadline. Maybe not. Regardless, really digging MZ.
I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalaacSoran