Maliki79

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Used your database file and still could not recreate the issue.
I will say that the Martial Artist weapons add an extra attack.
Are you sure the attack animations are coming when Reid attacks and not Michelle?
You should remove the other members from the party for testing purposes.

Arrose

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Used your database file and still could not recreate the issue.
I will say that the Martial Artist weapons add an extra attack.
Are you sure the attack animations are coming when Reid attacks and not Michelle?
You should remove the other members from the party for testing purposes.
Reid must be equipped with a short sword and a shield. Short sword and shield in treasure chest. Or have you configured the battle core of vs, I use the default settings.

Added my test project:

Last edited:

Maliki79

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I changed nothing that you sent me.

Note that the shield doesn't even have an animation set. The fact that you are seeing two means something else is causing it.

Arrose

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I changed nothing that you sent me.

Note that the shield doesn't even have an animation set. The fact that you are seeing two means something else is causing it.
Yep, so I previously thought it was hard to fix by modifying your plugin. We have no way of knowing what the internals of the vs plugin do.
My previous guess was that when the vs plugin detects that you have multiple weapon slots, it iterates through all the weapon slots, and execute the corresponding number of animations. For weapons without animations, the VS plugin will automatically give a default animation.

Puppet Knight

Knight on a Crossbar
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the update, unfortunately didn't fix my issue but its definitely a VisuStella issue and not a your plugin problem.

Maliki79

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the update, unfortunately didn't fix my issue but its definitely a VisuStella issue and not a your plugin problem.
In your case, it's very likely the other equipment plugins you use that cause the issue.

Puppet Knight

Knight on a Crossbar
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In your case, it's very likely the other equipment plugins you use that cause the issue.
I thought that too, but still have the same issue when disabled. Its definitely VS Battle Core relying only on the Weapon Showing for the main weapon when I need just the offhand to show

Arrose

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No, I found something wrong with my test just now

Last edited:

Puppet Knight

Knight on a Crossbar
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, @Puppet Knight, you can try to put the Maliki's plugin under the VS Battle Core plugin, this will cause some other problems, but this does not affect the testing of the update of the Maliki plugin.
I think the actor still uses the punch animation even if the weapon animation is hidden.
Unfortunately no change, like I said its a VS issue unfortunately

Arrose

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately no change, like I said its a VS issue unfortunately
Yes, I just found out when I was testing, I seem to have completely misunderstood the role of the <subweapon> tag.

I seem to have found the problem, when I close the VS Battle Core plugin, both weapons[0] and weapons[1] in attackAnimationId1 and attackAnimationId2 functions exist:
E7C40CE3-AB5C-49CC-B68A-96A299333A9A.png
So the code(subweapon) in the two red boxes below will be judged:
E7D47783-E8E0-4E13-95AB-A2E1AC60B2B5.png

When I turn on the VS Battle Core plugin, the attack action is divided into two, the weapons[1] of the attackAnimationId1 and attackAnimationId2 functions do not exist:
3A06E8CE-BC66-41FE-BA6B-FF56684222F6.png
Then the code(subweapon) in the two red boxes below will not be judged:
E7D47783-E8E0-4E13-95AB-A2E1AC60B2B5.png
The <subweapon> tag seems to be invalid like this ?

The above is the opinion of a RPGMaker novice, please point out if there are any mistakes, Thanks.

Update: It should say that the subweapon in the red box is not judged.

Last edited:

Maliki79

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok. I'd like to organize this a bit so we can get to the meat of what needs doing.

@Arrose, was your issue of enabling one actor to equip each of the 3 equipment setups satisfied?
  1. A single 2-handed weapon
  2. Two one-armed weapons
  3. A single one-armed weapon with a shield type weapon
All three of these setups WORK in MZ WITH the basic VS plugins enabled.
The issue I saw was that the shield weapons do not show up in the shield item menu category, which is easily fixed with notetags.

@Puppet Knight, Am I correct in assuming your request has more to do with Action Sequences than my plugin's functionality?

I have tested the new edits and they work to STOP subweapon animations from showing when a non-subweapon is equipped as well.

I believe Puppet Knight want to reverse that functionality for his game. Please confirm this.

Just want to make sure no one is over-reaching with their requests.

Last edited:

Puppet Knight

Knight on a Crossbar
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Definitely not overreaching, that's why I've said over and over its a VS issue and not to worry lol.

I am using Action Sequences and noticed that the plugin command

1690740821112.png

Seems to only show one weapon for the "Show Weapon" portion. If The offhand weapon is the only thing equipped, that weapon shows, however if both the offhand and main weapon are equipped only the main weapons image will show for the "Show Weapon"

Again, this is 100% a VS issue and not something I expect you to solve for at all. I wqas just seeing if somehow that subweapon tag update would be a workaround, and also figured other folks could benefit still

Maliki79

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok.

So if an actor has a sub weapon only, you see that ani.
If they have a reg AND a sub, you ONLY see the reg.
And for the above, you'd like to see the sub?

Puppet Knight

Knight on a Crossbar
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Essentially yes. I was trying to steer away from calling the offhand the subweapon since they are two different note tags for your plugin and serve different purposes.

Offhand only:
1690742926984.png

1690742913648.png

offhands note tag:

1690743017251.png
and its attack image as Sword:

1690743538807.png

With a main hand equipped:

1690742951841.png

1690742981063.png

mainhands note tags:

1690743001054.png
and its Attack Image as None:

1690743519159.png

Both are using the basic Attack Skill that uses

1690743392859.png

in its Action Sequences

Last edited:

Maliki79

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see.
Def a VS issue because the update I did when you initially made this request would address this very issue.
The only thing I can think of to circumvent this would be to make the top slot your main weapon and the second one can be your Grimoire.

(I know you won't do that, but it WOULD fix the problem if VS won't.
PLUS it will address the other issue you left out but I see here: that the drawn weapon is missing as well.)

Cancel this.

I looked again and see it is something of a bug, so I'll try to iron it out.

Puppet Knight

Knight on a Crossbar
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
it will address the other issue you left out but I see here: that the drawn weapon is missing as well.)
The drawn weapon missing is the very issue I'm trying to highlight xD. If a main hand is equipped it defaults to showing "none" essentially since the "show weapon" is calling the main hands database setting

The only thing I can think of to circumvent this would be to make the top slot your main weapon and the second one can be your Grimoire.

Yea, unfortunately if I don't just settle for the images not showing I might have to do just that tho.

Will take some altering of my plugins a bit but not a crazy lift. The main draw back would be not having the projects name sake as the first slot anymore

Maliki79

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As stated above, I saw the issue myself and I can consider it a bug.
One that not too many people would find, but a bug none-the-less.
I'll see if I can pin down the issue and fix it.

Edit: All fixed!
@Puppet Knight, please dl and try to updated plugin.
(Ver 1.3a)

Last edited:

Puppet Knight

Knight on a Crossbar
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Edit: All fixed!
@Puppet Knight, please dl and try to updated plugin.
(Ver 1.3a)
Tried with no alteration to my setup, results are the same unfortunately

Maliki79

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really...
Well, I'll have to go with it being another conflict with your other plugins.
I had this one working vanilla and with the three VS plugins discussed previously. So I'm at a loss.

Sorry bud

Arrose

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see.
Def a VS issue because the update I did when you initially made this request would address this very issue.

PLUS it will address the other issue you left out but I see here: that the drawn weapon is missing as well.)

Cancel this.

I looked again and see it is something of a bug, so I'll try to iron it out.
No, it doesn't feel like this is a problem with your plugin, because your plugin doesn't affect whether the weapon is displayed or not.
The <subweapon> tag only affects whether the weapon animation is displayed, which should have nothing to do with whether the weapon image is displayed.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Boss revives another Boss(ARPG)

anybody likes it?
My game is now available on your pip-boy...Johndoenews + fallout2.png
Maybe this is controversial, but....
I legit think that GOTY should have gone to AC6. I wasn't personally a fan, but for what it was, it was near perfect on launch, and the only updates they had to do were slight balancing issues. I never ran into a single bug, and everything was smooth.
For what it was, I think it was flawless, and I would have loved it, I just couldn't deal with the hud.
I have changed my mind. I'm trying to do to much at once with this project annd need to buckle down. Sorry all! One day I'll fix it!
If you guys wanna make a game dev happier this Christmas, please buy the DLC of my game, Phil Alone on Steam. My bills are killing me in the end of the year and I wanna develop a new board game now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NutsGuy