Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Maliki's Dual Wield

ver 2.5

Features: This Plugin allows developers to define weapons as "two-handed".

What this will do is allow the weapon to only be equipable in the "first" weapon slot.

Updated to allow "shield" weapons in off-hand.

Updated to correct Optimize issue.

Updated to allow placing "shield" weapons in armor category in item menu.

Updated to allow one handed actors access to shield weapons in off hand.

Updated to allow Dual Wielding of two-handed equips.

Updated to allow renaming of offhand slot.

Updated to allow offhand weapons to offset stats by percentage.

Updated for compatibility with Yanfly's Attach Augments. (And my Augment Extension by proxy)

Updated for compatibility with Yanfly's Equip Core. Also added a param to determine whether weapons need to be equipped in the main hand before they can be equipped to the off hand.

Updated to allow "sub-weapons" which will not have animations shown while weapon is in off-hand. (Will now be working on adding new "subtraits" to subweapons!)

Updated to allow "sub-weapons traits", a set of traits which only affect the user when a weapon is equipped in the off hand!

Updated to allow "main weapons traits", a set of traits which only affect the user when a weapon is equipped in the main hand!

Also reworked the plugin a bit to allow any "Non-shield" weapons to be equippable in either hand.

Updated to allow "Double-grip traits", a set of traits which only affect the user when the weapon is equipped without any other weapon equipped in the other hand!

Updated to fix bugs with the "Optimum" equip command.

Updated to allow 2 Handed weapons to completely lock unused weapon slot.

Also added support for reworking equip stat differences in the default shop scene.

Devs can now utilize all stats when comparing equips. (This value is expressed as a single "Potential" stat)

Updated to expand Shop Scene functionality a bit.
Also reworked trait system to combat in-game lag.

Updated to allow weapon groups that must be equipped together. (Ex. Arrows can ONLY be equipped with Bows.)

Howto: After installing the plugin, locate any weapon(s) you want to be two-handed in your database and add the tag <twohand> to the weapon's note field. That's it!

Weapons can be designated as off-hand only weapons by placing <shld> in their notebox.

Note that the plugin's file name must not be changed.

(Optional steps as well as detailed instructions can be found in the Help section.)

Plugin Conflicts: There shouldn't be any conflicts with this plugin, however let me know if any are found and I'll try to correct them.

Permissions: This plugin can be used in any project, commercial or otherwise, as long as credit is given.

Download:

Thanks to YanFly, Yami, Tsukihime, Nelderson, Mellye, Bobstah, Fomar and and the rest of the awesome RPG Maker community for providing examples and assistance. I really couldn't have done this scripting stuff without you guys!

Last edited:

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great sword ready..

:3

So, will it can use one hand weapon + shield if no <twohand> tag? :3

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As long as you set up the shield as a weapon and tag it properly, it should work fine.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Glad to have helped.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i'm not sure i understand this plugin...

I have two hand sword and I just seal off ability to equip shield for the class/actor when they equip the "Two-Handed" weapon. Wouldn't that work the same?

tsunetakaryu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
i'm not sure i understand this plugin...

I have two hand sword and I just seal off ability to equip shield for the class/actor when they equip the "Two-Handed" weapon. Wouldn't that work the same?
m8, there's mechanic issue in the original mv system.

Like The Elder Scroll V of Skyrim, there's many weapon type and style, such as:

case1 - One hand (a one-hand weapon at right hand, leave left hand empty)

case2 - Shield-Sword (a one-hand weapon at right hand with a shield at left hand)

case3 - Dual-wield (a one-hand weapon at right hand with another one-hand weapon at left hand)

case4 - Two hands (a two-hand weapon, while equipped you can't equip any weapon or shield at left hand)
Now let's see how MV work.

To achieve case3, you should set the actor's or class' type with dual-wield type, however once set like this, you can't make your equipment style like case2 any more. So how about dual-wield setting in one-hand weapon's properties? Nah, nothing works. Even you set normal style for the actor or class, the one-hand sword will overwrite its properties. The result is your shield which already equipped will be force to take off.

While two-hand weapon equipped, the weapon will seal up (or seal off? sorry my poor english. ) the left hand, so that you can't equip another one-hand weapon nor shield, it's fine. But if you equip an one-hand weapon at the right hand at first, yes you can equip a two-hand weapon in the left hand now, wow a berserker here... it's irreasonable. 

Last edited by a moderator:

tsunetakaryu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Hi, Maliki79

I found a bug -- in game the vanilla "optimize" option (or something? I don't use English version. This function will auto equip the "best" weapons and armors. ) in equip page will ignore your script and do something like "berserker mode" (a one-hand weapon in the right hand, with a two-hand weapon in the left hand). I hope you can fix it in the next update. 

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, Maliki79

I found a bug -- in game the vanilla "optimize" option (or something? I don't use English version. This function will auto equip the "best" weapons and armors. ) in equip page will ignore your script and do something like "berserker mode" (a one-hand weapon in the right hand, with a two-hand weapon in the left hand). I hope you can fix it in the next update. 
Yes.  I knew about that.  I recommend removing the Optimize option from your games if you don't use it.  I'll look into fixing the issue on my end.

Edit:  Original post updated with ver 1.2 to correct Optimize.  Let me know if you find any further problems.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I was looking for a plugin like this.

But testing it I get an error when my guy has a two hand sword on and i try to equip a shield.

when i go to "Equip" and the menu and choose him it give the error.

type error

"cannot read property of "equips" of null"

unless im doing something wrong, i just put <twohand> in his weapon's notes.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated OP to fix issue with redundant code.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Ok, I got the two hand to work with no issues, but now making a shield isn't working for me. I made it a weapon and with the tag <shld> in the notes. It shows up in the weapons section of the items menu and the two handed sword guy cant see it.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You'll have to have a non-two handed weapon equipped in order to see the shield.

The Shield weapons only appear in slot 1  (the side weapons slot) and nothing appears there if there is a twohand weapon in slot 0.

Try making and equipping a one handed weapon on your actor and see if that makes a difference.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Alright, thats works! thank you!

is there any way to make the shield with the <shld> not tag show up in the armor category in the menu though?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

Edit:  Do you mean if an actor does NOT have the dual wield enabled and slot 1 exists as an armor slot, you want the shield to appear in that slot?

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
sorry, i guess i didn't explain it that well. this picture might help, the shield shows up in the weapons category in game instead of armor. This is more of me just being picky and trying to have everything look "just right". If it can't be helped, no big deal.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
While that is technically not a scope of this plugin, I'll look into it and see if I can add it.

Edit:  Done!

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So this uses weapons as shields right?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So this uses weapons as shields right?
Correct, but you must first tag them as shields.

The included help file will walk you thru the needed steps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite