Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hmmm, can I ask why you use weapons instead of armors?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmmm, can I ask why you use weapons instead of armors?
By default, you can't put both an armor and a weapon in the same equip slot.

So to allow for both dual wielding and shield wielding on the same character, I chose to do it this way.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh I see, I haven't looked at the default coding for equipment yet. Everyone else seems to be doing stuff like that so I figured I'd wait and see what everyone else makes before I make something in that area. With my luck I'd write something and there would be 3 others just like it lol

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh I see, I haven't looked at the default coding for equipment yet. Everyone else seems to be doing stuff like that so I figured I'd wait and see what everyone else makes before I make something in that area. With my luck I'd write something and there would be 3 others just like it lol
I technically wrote this plugin for myself to see if I could and cause at the time, there weren't any plugins that had this functionality.  After it was done I released it since I figured others would wanna use it.

Long story short, make it if you want and don't worry if it's been done already.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I might use, it that's a good rule though, but my rule is try not to reinvent the wheel, it's the same reason I try not to mess with battle plugins there's already a couple and it's not even been 3 months lol.

Anyways good work on the script :) keep up the good work

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the plugin. I was wondering if you could make the two-handed part of this script be unlocked if you have a skill. Similarly to Bravely Default.

Any ideas? Or how I would go about editting it?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the plugin. I was wondering if you could make the two-handed part of this script be unlocked if you have a skill. Similarly to Bravely Default.

Any ideas? Or how I would go about editting it?
This plugin is dependent on the dual wield trait.

You can utilize any plugin that grants permanent states to give dual wield once the skill is learned.

You can, of course, edit the plugin if you want.

If you give a scenario for using this plugin, I could see about editing it.

(I must admit, I don't remember much of Bravely Default.)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This plugin is dependent on the dual wield trait.

You can utilize any plugin that grants permanent states to give dual wield once the skill is learned.

You can, of course, edit the plugin if you want.

If you give a scenario for using this plugin, I could see about editing it.

(I must admit, I don't remember much of Bravely Default.)
Bravely Default had it so you could dual wield no matter what (with penalties) but you could either have a passive skill called "Two-handed" that makes a weapon turn two handed and doubles it's physical attack or "Dual Wield" that makes it so no penalty for dual wielding. Does that make sense?

I guess what I am asking is it possible to dynamically assign the two-handed ness through Skills or what-have you.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bravely Default had it so you could dual wield no matter what (with penalties) but you could either have a passive skill called "Two-handed" that makes a weapon turn two handed and doubles it's physical attack or "Dual Wield" that makes it so no penalty for dual wielding. Does that make sense?

I guess what I am asking is it possible to dynamically assign the two-handed ness through Skills or what-have you.
Ok.  Dual wielding is a trait in RPG Maker. Therefore, you can assign it via States dynamically.

What I think you'd need to do your idea  would require manipulation of passive states.

From what I could gather, you'd need 3 states:

A Two-Hand state which would lock slot 1 (second weapon slot) and give an atk boost to the actor.

A Two-Weapon state that allows dual wielding but gives a penalty to hit%

And a Dual-Wield state that simply allows dual wielding normally (as provided by this plugin).

Now, I'm guessing you want to make it so these states are applied as you equip weapons.

It can likely be done, but would require reworking this plugin a bit as your request is not really within this plugin's scope.

If you don't mind the states as I described them above, then it shouldn't be a problem to implement without editing anything.

TwilightKnight1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I assume that the 'handnshld' tag for classes is made to allow shields or weapons in the off hand, but it doesn't work, what it does is make options not appear. xD

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I assume that the 'handnshld' tag for classes is made to allow shields or weapons in the off hand, but it doesn't work, what it does is make options not appear. xD
In order to use it, you have to first give the involved actor(s) the dual wield trait.

You also have to tag their class with the handnshld notetag.

Once that is done, any weapon tagged with shld will show up in the actor's second slot and no normal weapons should appear there.

Did you follow these steps?

If so, what options were not appearing and how did you set the actors and weapons  up?

(Screenshots would be helpful)

Lucifurai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hello Maliki79, 

I just wonder something ? 

Does your plugin can bear the "Monkey grip" states ( or trait maybe) that Enables holding a two-handed weapon in one hand.. ? or not ? 

If not, could it be workable in a further update ? 

Have a nice day ^^! 

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello Maliki79, 

I just wonder something ? 

Does your plugin can bear the "Monkey grip" states ( or trait maybe) that Enables holding a two-handed weapon in one hand.. ? or not ? 

If not, could it be workable in a further update ? 

Have a nice day ^^! 
So, you'd like a state to allow a two-handed weapon to be equipable in both hands?

So you could have two two-handed weapons equipped together?

Lucifurai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
So, you'd like a state to allow a two-handed weapon to be equipable in both hands?

So you could have two two-handed weapons equipped together?

Something like that, but my real motivation is to have a two-handed sword, spear or great-axe in one hand and a shield on the other. That's the real trick i want to get. Imagine in the aftermath a big barbarian with two big axes, a monk fight with two sticks, and warrior with two spears. Could be Greats Enemies xD' !!! 

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Something like that, but my real motivation is to have a two-handed sword, spear or great-axe in one hand and a shield on the other. That's the real trick i want to get. Imagine in the aftermath a big barbarian with two big axes, a monk fight with two sticks, and warrior with two spears. Could be Greats Enemies xD' !!! 

Done!  See main post for updated link.

Reaction score
First Language
English
When I try to download this plugin, it ends up blocked because it's not safe!

Reaction score
First Language
English
In order to use it, you have to first give the involved actor(s) the dual wield trait.

You also have to tag their class with the handnshld notetag.

Once that is done, any weapon tagged with shld will show up in the actor's second slot and no normal weapons should appear there.

Did you follow these steps?

If so, what options were not appearing and how did you set the actors and weapons  up?

(Screenshots would be helpful)

I've had the same problems, too with the Buckler shield!

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've had the same problems, too with the Buckler shield!

Exactly how did you set up your actors in your database?

Did you follow the help instructions for creating and tagging weapons/shields?

(Remember, shields have to be set as weapons in the database and then tagged properly to show up.)

How do I call the second weapon slot "Off-hand?"

This plugin doesn't currently change the names of the equipment slots.  I'll look into a way to do it, but for now, they share whatever name you use for the main weapon's slot in your database.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I got the pause Icon to use 6 frames instead of 4, PLUS it goes: top 1-2-3, bottom 1-2-3. And everything just by playing around with the code & i think i've figured the important parts out now <3
eUuH09A.gif

ps. the animation isn't as "wonky" in RL, stupid recording -.-
Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rick21