Maliki's Dual Wield ver 2.5

C.W. Plainview

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm encountering the same bug as @Artorius300, but I am using neither yours nor Yanfly's Attach Augment plugins. Is there anyway this could be fixed without the use of those plugins?

Also, a possible request. Is it possible to add a parameter which, when enabled, prevents the Off-Hand weapon from being used in battle? In other words, when dual-wielding, only the Main Hand is used when attacking? And if possible, could there be notetags which would allow the Off-Hand weapons to be used?

Thanks for the plugin.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm encountering the same bug as @Artorius300, but I am using neither yours nor Yanfly's Attach Augment plugins. Is there anyway this could be fixed without the use of those plugins?

Also, a possible request. Is it possible to add a parameter which, when enabled, prevents the Off-Hand weapon from being used in battle? In other words, when dual-wielding, only the Main Hand is used when attacking? And if possible, could there be notetags which would allow the Off-Hand weapons to be used?

Thanks for the plugin.
Could you mind being a bit more descriptive of the issue?

I never did fully understand the problem as Artorius described it.  (And he solved the issue himself, anyway.)

As far as I could tell, it was something with the item descriptions or the like, and I'm having no issues when testing in a vanilla project on my end.

Also, from the SS, he was using a menu plugin.

Are you doing so as well?

If so, that might be where the problem is.

And as for your request, could you give practical examples of how you'd use the edits to the plugin?

I could likely do it, but I'd need to know when you'd want the off weapons to be counted or not.

Also, would you want the traits and notetags counted and just leave out the stats?

(As you might be able to tell, your request might not be as simple as you think it is. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:

C.W. Plainview

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Maliki79

Yes, I am using Yanfly's Equip Core, and after testing it, the bug appears to lie within the compatibility of these two plugins. I should've mentioned that before. What's happening is that when you go to equip something, there is a list of equipment to choose from. Normally, after selecting a weapon to equip, it goes back to the equipment slot screens. When using these two plugins together, though, it stays in the list of equipment, even when there's no other equipment to choose from (as demonstrated by this screenshot:)

It's a bit hard to describe, but I hope you get the idea. Since it's a compatibility issue, I'm not sure how willing you would be to fix it, and I'd understand. Just thought I'd bring it up.

As for the request, I was thinking having the off-hand weapons counted through states, which could then be plugged into things like skills or equipment. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask about the traits and notetags, though. Don't you need the traits and notetags to get the plugin working?

Thanks again.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Maliki79

Yes, I am using Yanfly's Equip Core, and after testing it, the bug appears to lie within the compatibility of these two plugins. I should've mentioned that before. What's happening is that when you go to equip something, there is a list of equipment to choose from. Normally, after selecting a weapon to equip, it goes back to the equipment slot screens. When using these two plugins together, though, it stays in the list of equipment, even when there's no other equipment to choose from (as demonstrated by this screenshot:)

It's a bit hard to describe, but I hope you get the idea. Since it's a compatibility issue, I'm not sure how willing you would be to fix it, and I'd understand. Just thought I'd bring it up.

As for the request, I was thinking having the off-hand weapons counted through states, which could then be plugged into things like skills or equipment. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask about the traits and notetags, though. Don't you need the traits and notetags to get the plugin working?

Thanks again.
Ok.  So as for the compatibility issue, I will likely not be jumping on it soon.  I haven't used YF's Equip Pligin and so have no real desire to dive into it.  I will likely do it as some point, just not right now.

And as for the request, I ask about the traits and NTs cause those would likely put some real difficulty into fulfilling it.

For example, if you have a dagger in your off hand and you only want the stats to be affected in or out of battle, no problem.

But let's say this dagger has a trait that reduces mp use or restores HP as you walk/take turns.  Would you want those traits to not be active outside of battle?

What I currently have is an offhand adjust option which can change the stats of a weapon based on the hand it's in.  If you want states to affect the adjustment of stats alone, I can do that, but traits and anything influenced by other scripter's plugins will very likely not be affected.

Also, limiting the stat change to battles only doesn't seem practical, but if that's what you want, I'll consider doing it.

So is this pretty much what you were hoping to see done?

C.W. Plainview

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Maliki79

What I'm essentially wanting is a system that allows characters to equip two weapons in either hand (I have shields counted as weapons), but I don't want both weapons to attack, just the main hand weapon. For my project, skills require that characters equip certain weapons. Swords skills require a sword, and shield skills require a shield. So, what I want hopefully, is that if a character is dual-wielding a sword in his main hand and a shield in his off-hand, he'll only ever attack with the sword (so that the shield's animation does not play and its parameter changes aren't applied), but he'll have access to the skills the shield grants him. Obviously, to tie skills to weapons in this way is done through weapon traits.

Right now, that is the extent of what I want to do. Can this be possible?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Maliki79

What I'm essentially wanting is a system that allows characters to equip two weapons in either hand (I have shields counted as weapons), but I don't want both weapons to attack, just the main hand weapon. For my project, skills require that characters equip certain weapons. Swords skills require a sword, and shield skills require a shield. So, what I want hopefully, is that if a character is dual-wielding a sword in his main hand and a shield in his off-hand, he'll only ever attack with the sword (so that the shield's animation does not play and its parameter changes aren't applied), but he'll have access to the skills the shield grants him. Obviously, to tie skills to weapons in this way is done through weapon traits.

Right now, that is the extent of what I want to do. Can this be possible?
As for the param changes, that's already doable.

Just tag all shield weapons with this tag:

<OffhandAdjust: 0>

This will make it so that while shields (or any other weapon with the tag) are in the off hand, params from it will not be added to the actor's stats.

Attack animations and traits will still function normally, but I can look into changing the animation part as part of the update I'm working on.  (I already added the compatibility fix for YF's Equip Core.)  Going by your description, you will want the traits to stay active, so I won't need to work on that for now.

I'll update the original post with the new version asap.

C.W. Plainview

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome, thanks!

Any ETA for the animation update?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome, thanks!

Any ETA for the animation update?
I'm a work for another few hours.  I'll look at it once I get home.  If it doesn't require a lot if tweaking, I could have something before the end of the weekend.  No official eta tho.

And....Done!

Please download version 1.8a of the plugin.  adding <subweapon> to a weapon will disallow showing that weapon's attack animation ONLY while the weapon is in the off hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated to version 2.1.

Added ability to utilize conditional traits with specific weapon placements.

(Main hand, off-hand and/or double-gripped equips)

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated to version 2.3.
Added expansion for Shop Scene functionality. (Thanks @C.W. Plainview & @Ossra )
Also reworked trait system to combat in-game lag.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Small update to 2.3a
Added function to determine specific weapon types in a Player Character's weapon equips.
See help section for details.

Cellbind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I am getting an error when I try to use the equip command in the equip menu:

TypeError
Cannot read property 'setObject' of undefined

I am currently using almost all of Yanfly's plugins, NeMV - State Resources, and this plugin.

If you happen to have a solution or need more information, please let me know.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes. I will need a screenshot of the console showing the error.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I cannot reproduce the error in a vanilla project.

It is very likely that my plugin is incompatible with YF's equip core or equip requirements. Could you turn off those plugins and see if that fixes things?

Cellbind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cannot reproduce the error in a vanilla project.

It is very likely that my plugin is incompatible with YF's equip core or equip requirements. Could you turn off those plugins and see if that fixes things?
I can confirm that it indeed works if those plugins are turned off, so it seems to be an incompatibility with yanfly's EquipCore and EquipRequirements plugins (or at least with one of their recent updates).

Thanks a lot for your help, and for taking the time to try some things.

Edit: Alright, I just realized that it was an error on my part.

I hadn't noticed yours and Quostin's comments just one page previous about moving it above EquipCore. It worked as soon as I moved it...

Thanks again for taking the time, I would like to suggest putting that tidbit under the compatibility section of your original post.

Last edited:

Moo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
fr
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, thank you for this plug-in it's very good, and usefull, I work on a project with Chrono engine, I try to add your plug-in and a part work but I have some lags and little animation problem, but the most problem is that the command to activate shield in ABS mode (the Guard command) not work because not recognize the shield.

A day if you have time, and if you want, do you think you can see if a simple solution can be apply ? Sorry to embarass, and thank you for your work.

Bye

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Which version are you using? A lag issue was discovered in a previous version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurow