Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The tag <subweapononly> disables the attack animation. There aren't an other real restrictions that come to mind. The <shld> tag only forces an equip to be equippable only in the off hand. Nothing more. Adding the element to normal physical attacks and skills should be simple to do. I'm not as sure about adding states.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So it disables only the animation, right ? Meaning the weapon (shield or arrow) would technically still do damage ?
Then maybe the 'inflicting State' trait could still work ?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It should work. There's nothing in my plugin that would automatically prevent it.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, inflicting status works correctly.
Is there a way to disable shields when my actor equips a bow, so he can only choose between the different arrows ?
Like Final Fantasy 12 where when you equip an ammo-using weapon, it forces you to choose an ammo
I would just like to have the shields locked when choosing a bow, if it is possible without altering the plugin. I have another ammo-using weapon type too in case it changes your answer

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can add a equip type seal to the bows that restrict everything except arrow type equips.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Problem is the seal is only for equipment slot in vanilla RMMV, not equipment type
Or perhaps I missed something ?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll look into it

Updated to version 2.5.
@Deagron, go ahead and redownload the plugin and follow the new instructions in the help file.

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Last edited:

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, it works correctly ! :)
You're so fast with your plugins, it's awesome :)

Now that I see those equip groups, I wondered if there could be multiple ones on one weapon
I ask this because I now wonder if the level requirement idea I asked you could use those groups

something like : once the player reach level x weapons from group A and B can be dual wielded together
I could understand that it might be too complicated though, since the plugins I looked into don't play with levels a lot

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Glad I was able to help. The way I did it, each equip can only have 1 group and there are no evals for this. Might be worth looking into, but I doubt there'll be much demand for it.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the new patch in any case :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famas