Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The tag <subweapononly> disables the attack animation. There aren't an other real restrictions that come to mind. The <shld> tag only forces an equip to be equippable only in the off hand. Nothing more. Adding the element to normal physical attacks and skills should be simple to do. I'm not as sure about adding states.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So it disables only the animation, right ? Meaning the weapon (shield or arrow) would technically still do damage ?
Then maybe the 'inflicting State' trait could still work ?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It should work. There's nothing in my plugin that would automatically prevent it.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, inflicting status works correctly.
Is there a way to disable shields when my actor equips a bow, so he can only choose between the different arrows ?
Like Final Fantasy 12 where when you equip an ammo-using weapon, it forces you to choose an ammo
I would just like to have the shields locked when choosing a bow, if it is possible without altering the plugin. I have another ammo-using weapon type too in case it changes your answer

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can add a equip type seal to the bows that restrict everything except arrow type equips.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Problem is the seal is only for equipment slot in vanilla RMMV, not equipment type
Or perhaps I missed something ?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll look into it

Updated to version 2.5.
@Deagron, go ahead and redownload the plugin and follow the new instructions in the help file.

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Last edited:

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, it works correctly ! :)
You're so fast with your plugins, it's awesome :)

Now that I see those equip groups, I wondered if there could be multiple ones on one weapon
I ask this because I now wonder if the level requirement idea I asked you could use those groups

something like : once the player reach level x weapons from group A and B can be dual wielded together
I could understand that it might be too complicated though, since the plugins I looked into don't play with levels a lot

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Glad I was able to help. The way I did it, each equip can only have 1 group and there are no evals for this. Might be worth looking into, but I doubt there'll be much demand for it.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the new patch in any case :)

Kyldros

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm working on a project that uses a plugin that adds extra parameters, can I use the two traits:
<mainweaponTrait: x, y, z>
<subweaponTrait: x, y, z>
to modify the customized parameters?
If so how can I do?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No. Those tags only provide bonuses based on the default traits.
You'd have to see if the plugins you are using allow for conditionals and if so find a way to see if a specific weapon is is the main or off hand.

Kyldros

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK thanks. Another question, the <handnshld> tag should prevent you from using weapons without the <shld> tag in the off-hand slot right? If so then it doesn't work, not even on a new project and without other plugins, otherwise I didn't understand its real function.
EDIT: As unspoken, I put the tag in the actor's notes and not in that of the class, sorry for the inconvenience :D

Last edited:

xiamumomo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse me, I just saw the title and felt that it was a very general plug-in, but after using it, I thought it was a very good plug-in, but I don't understand < double GripTrait:x What is the Y database ID in, y, z >? Is it the ID of the database weapon or... I tried to copy the subwe you helped aponTrait:21 Although I read your help, I still hope you can make a teaching video, which will help us understand more quickly. In fact, I am too stupid:kaosigh::kaocry:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Excuse me, I just saw the title and felt that it was a very general plug-in, but after using it, I thought it was a very good plug-in, but I don't understand < double GripTrait:x What is the Y database ID in, y, z >? Is it the ID of the database weapon or... I tried to copy the subwe you helped aponTrait:21 Although I read your help, I still hope you can make a teaching video, which will help us understand more quickly. In fact, I am too stupid:kaosigh::kaocry:
Firstly, thank you using my plugin.

Next, from the Help file:
A method to assist with finding the code, dataId and value figures lies in the ShowTraitsInConsole param. Setting it to 1
will allow the console to print out an array of normal traits on an equipped item on the moment it is equipped.
(Press F8 to open the console by default.)
The array will list the traits in the order that they were added in the database. So if you need to know the values, just make a dummy/temp
equip with the traits you want and note what their values are via the console.
If you need more specific instruction, let me know.
(I wasn't planning on making any kind of training video. No time for that kind of production at present...)

xiamumomo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can see the search method in the help, but I can't find it. I don't know whether it's my operation mode or other problems. So I come to you for help, because I want to share the good plug-in with friends, so I have to understand it first and then make a video so that even novice RPG producers can easily understand it

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok.

So please tell me what trait you would like your weapon to have?
I'll work on it for you.

xiamumomo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
33-TRAIT_ ATTACK_ SPEED,34-TRAIT_ ATTACK_ Time, the addition method should be the same. If it is the same, I should be able to demonstrate one of them. Thank you for your time to guide me

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The dataId for both of them is not used, so they would be 0.
So to make the trait you wanted, you'd use:

Code:
<doubleGripTrait: 33, 0, NUMBER>

<doubleGripTrait: 34, 0, NUMBER>
With NUMBER being an appropriate number for your use.

xiamumomo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The dataId for both of them is not used, so they would be 0.
So to make the trait you wanted, you'd use:

Code:
<doubleGripTrait: 33, 0, NUMBER>

<doubleGripTrait: 34, 0, NUMBER>
With NUMBER being an appropriate number for your use.
34 should be the number of attacks. If I choose 3, then the actor should be able to attack three times with this weapon. If so, but I just tested that he only attacks once. If you are busy, you can reply me when you are free because I have many questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite