Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maliki's Dynamic State Resistance

ver 1.0

Features: This Plugin allows developers to prevent states from being overused on battlers by allowing a resistance to those states
to build up and eventually result in complete immunity.

Howto: After installing the plugin, find any enemies you would like to take advantage of this plugin and add the following notetag to their notes: <dynamticStates: x,x,x...> with x being your different state Id numbers separated by commas(,).
Each time an included state is added to that battler, it's resistance to subsequent additions of that same state will be increased (this resistance is added to any others provided by traits/equipment/etc.).
By default, the resistance is built up by 25% each time, but this can be changed in the plugin params defaultDynamicRate.

Note that the plugin's file name must not be changed.

(Detailed instructions can be found in the Help section.)

Plugin Conflicts: There shouldn't be any conflicts with this plugin, however let me know if any are found and I'll try to correct them.

Permissions: This plugin can be used in any project, commercial or otherwise, as long as credit is given.

Download:

Last edited:

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
That’s actually a very interesting concept... Immunity to exposure? Suits infection / poison / toxic states the most

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Agreed. It was an idea put forth by someone in the JS Request Forum.
I'm just waiting for ideas to expand this plugin with!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The resistance that builds up... Is it reset after each battle for actors?

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing plugin! A great addition would be if we could set a different build-ups for each enemy and state via notetag. I don't know if this would be hard to do or not, just throwing it here. An amazing job, I'll use this for almost every project ^^

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
LoL
I was waiting for someone to make this request.
I thought it a bit unnecessary to add this as most devs would not need it for average mobs.
(Technically, state resists for bosses would be good too, but I digress.)
It shouldn't be too hard to implement, but it will require a rewrite of the logic used, so it'll take some time once I get into it.

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! I'm glad to hear that. Yeah, I got the idea from Darkest Dungeon (tho I'm sure many other games use it as well). Keep up the amazing work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jloppnow