Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Maliki's Element Ex

ver 1.6

Features: Allows More control over element attack and defense up to and including element absorption.

Howto: After installing plugin, add the following notetags to Actor, class, enemy, equipment, or state note fields:

<element_boost: elementID boost ><element_Dboost: elementID boost >

with elementID corresponding to the desired element in the database and boost being a number.

(The elementID doesn't have to match the database's ID, but I suggest it as a matter of convenience.)

To allow a skill to utilize the bonus, add this tag to skill notes:

<object_element: number >

Making sure the number here matches the elementID you wish to use.

IMPORTANT!!! Note the space near the end of the tags. Don't forget to include it or the tag won't be read properly!

With the first tag, element damage with be raised by the amount of the boost. (1 will equal double damage and 0.5 will be 150% of the original amount.)

With the second tag, damage will be reduced by the amount of the boost. (1 will give 0 damage and 1.5 will heal the target by 50%.)

Detailed instructions can be found in the plugin's help section.

Update: Updated to clean up code and add multiple element support.

Update: Fix for Elements numbered past 9.

Update: Updated for compatibility with Victor's Damage Popups. (Thanks for making that, BTW!)

Update: Code rewritten for readability and efficiency. Also added <priorityObj> and <ignoreEquipElementObjects> tags to allow a bit more control over object element inheritance by devs.

Plugin Conflicts: This plugin rewrites the makeDamageValue and calcElementRate functions and will likely not be compatible with any plugins which also do this.

Permissions: This plugin can be used in any project, commercial or otherwise, as long as credit is given.

Download:

Thanks to KockaAdmiralac for laying out the base of this script for me. It would be prudent if you credit his contribution in your game credits as well.

Last edited:

LuLight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
finally I found it!! thank you

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You're welcome

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
So, if I read this correctly, this will let me set up a Balefire Ball with both Fire and Darkness elements, for example?

Or perhaps a PyroBlightning with Fire, Lightning and Darkness?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, if I read this correctly, this will let me set up a Balefire Ball with both Fire and Darkness elements, for example?

Or perhaps a PyroBlightning with Fire, Lightning and Darkness?
Currently, this plugin only allows one attack or defense element per object.

I'm working on expanding this for the next update.

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Currently, this plugin only allows one attack or defense element per object.

I'm working on expanding this for the next update.
So for that purpose, I'm just as well off with the default for now. Aight, thanks.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So for that purpose, I'm just as well off with the default for now. Aight, thanks.
Updated to allow for multiple elements.  (Follow instructions in help file as a new tag has been added and is needed!)

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Just to make sure I read the script correctly - can I use an attribute, for example, in place of a numerical boost? More to the point, can I use a custom attribute - let's say I have the Fire element in the database (for argument's sake, in the third element slot), and each character has a Fire ability, so if I give a skill the tag <element_boost: 3 a.Fire> it should add a bonus amount of Fire damage based on the caster's Fire ability?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just to make sure I read the script correctly - can I use an attribute, for example, in place of a numerical boost? More to the point, can I use a custom attribute - let's say I have the Fire element in the database (for argument's sake, in the third element slot), and each character has a Fire ability, so if I give a skill the tag <element_boost: 3 a.Fire> it should add a bonus amount of Fire damage based on the caster's Fire ability?
This plugin doesn't accept evals, so you need to put in a specific number.

However, you define these numbers yourself with the <object_element: x > tag.  (Technically, this plugin ignores the element settings in the database.)

So, in your example, you'd give the skill the object tag <object_element: 3 > and the actors/enemies would get the <element_boost: x y > tag.

(<element_boost: 3 0.2 > would boost the ability by 20%)

(You could also use the <element_boost: x y > with classes, equips and states to further boost the effects!)

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
This plugin doesn't accept evals, so you need to put in a specific number.

However, you define these numbers yourself with the <object_element: x > tag.  (Technically, this plugin ignores the element settings in the database.)

So, in your example, you'd give the skill the object tag <object_element: 3 > and the actors/enemies would get the <element_boost: x y > tag.

(<element_boost: 3 0.2 > would boost the ability by 20%)

(You could also use the <element_boost: x y > with classes, equips and states to further boost the effects!)
...Well, that works, too.

In fact, that actually simplifies a few things.

Sweet. :)

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Unholy Balefire, does it ever work! :D

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
So does this also allow to make like a Fire rod that increases the damage output of fire attacks?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes.  You can tag any equips to have them boost any elements you like.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So does this allow skills to have multiple elements? And if so how's the damage calculated?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So does this allow skills to have multiple elements? And if so how's the damage calculated?
It does.  I apply a simple multiplier which is added per tag.

Once the multipliers are added up, they are applied to the damage formula.

Feel feel to look thru the plugin and let me know if you need more details.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Alrighty I'll look at it after work, it looks like what I'm looking for, it seems to have everything except maybe resist but that's easy enough for me to write up later.

I can't understand why they took out multiple elements. I know they had it in xp, I can't remember about vx though.

It looks amazing though I can't see the code at work though lol.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alrighty I'll look at it after work, it looks like what I'm looking for, it seems to have everything except maybe resist but that's easy enough for me to write up later.

I can't understand why they took out multiple elements. I know they had it in xp, I can't remember about vx though.

It looks amazing though I can't see the code at work though lol.
You can apply resists via the element defense tags.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ya but you said they were all added together.

Like say you have a skill called flame slash,

It's fire, physical, and slash types.

If an enemy has full resist to physical attacks it would still take damage right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would be nice to pick color code that is not exclusively for message event
The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy