Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Maliki's Item Durability EX

ver 1.8

Features: This plugin gives extra functionality to YanFly's ItemDurability Plugin allowing durability to affect item's stats and changing the default behavior of the plugin to delete items upon break.

HowTo: Required Yanfly's ItemDurability Plugin and any associated Plugins.

Install this Plugin under the ItemDurability plugin.

(Detailed instructions can be found in the plugin's help section.)

Note that the plugin's file name must not be changed.

Plugin Conflicts: There shouldn't be any conflicts with this plugin, however let me know if any are found and I'll try to correct them.

Permissions: This plugin can be used in any project, commercial or otherwise, as long as credit is given.

Updated: Now added Script calls to total all durability and repair all items for intended use with characters such as blacksmiths.

Updated: Now durability is affected by elements!

Updated: Now durability of specific items can be altered via script calls!

Also added durability damage immunity in battle for items via note tags.

Finally, cleaned up the code a bit and adjusted the Help section for readability.

Updated: Now weapons/armor can grant new "scrap" items upon reaching 0 durability and "breaking".

Updated: Now Skills and Items can affect specific types of equipment, rather than "All-or-None"

Updated: Now changes can be made directly to Max Durability.

Updated: Added Script Calls Game_Actor.isWeaponBroken(type); and Game_Actor.isArmorBroken(type);
These can be used to find if a broken version of a particular weapon or armor equip type is currently on a PC.
This could be used for altering damage formulas or with conditionals like for Passive States, etc.

Download:

Last edited:

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make it so that Durability is affected by other factors than just damage?  Like if you wanted a ring to be destroyed after you reached a certain level or a certain number of EXP?  Maybe a piece of armor that shatters if you have twice the amount of def than it's base stat...  Or a weapon that shatters if you atk is too overpowered.  Maybe make it so that the item can be destroyed when a variable reaches a certain number...  Like a time related rusting effect or something.

Linking the durability to a param and the extra params would add so much more to the plugin and make for interesting options on use.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to make it so that Durability is affected by other factors than just damage?  Like if you wanted a ring to be destroyed after you reached a certain level or a certain number of EXP?  Maybe a piece of armor that shatters if you have twice the amount of def than it's base stat...  Or a weapon that shatters if you atk is too overpowered.  Maybe make it so that the item can be destroyed when a variable reaches a certain number...  Like a time related rusting effect or something.

Linking the durability to a param and the extra params would add so much more to the plugin and make for interesting options on use.
YF's Lunatic Mode can most likely handle that kind of setup.

You'd have to have a bit of scripting knowledge to do it, but it's possible.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YF's Lunatic Mode can most likely handle that kind of setup.

You'd have to have a bit of scripting knowledge to do it, but it's possible.
Yeah, my scripting knowledge limited at best...

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated to version 1.4.  Now durability of specific items can be altered via script calls!

Also added durability damage immunity in battle for items via note tags.  (For stuff like equippable tools, etc. that won't be affected in battle, but need to be destroyable outside of battle.)

Finally, cleaned up the code a bit and adjusted the Help section for readability.

Snuh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Maliki79!

I think this plugin is great, I especially like the durability adjust idea. As mentioned above, if I wanted durability to affect crit rate rather than the attack value, would this be something I could do by editing your script, or would I be better off using lunatic mode? I'm a bit new to this, but I'm willing to learn

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Maliki79!

I think this plugin is great, I especially like the durability adjust idea. As mentioned above, if I wanted durability to affect crit rate rather than the attack value, would this be something I could do by editing your script, or would I be better off using lunatic mode? I'm a bit new to this, but I'm willing to learn
Typically crit rates are determined by traits and therefore cannot be changed by this plugin as-is.  Also, I do not think Lunatic Mode would help much either as the calls are typically not set up to be used as durability changes.

That said, a workaround is possible if you know your way around scripting.

I'm not at my comp now so can't offer too much more help now but I'll try to look into an edit as time permits.

Snuh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your reply! I had a think and i was wondering if you would be able to make durability adjust based on a different stat/choice of stat. Luck for example, as it's use is a bit less defined you could use it as a 'dummy' stat, and with yanflys parameter controls you could use luck to affect crit. 

I was also wondering if it were possible to have more than 1 adjust 'points' ie. Between 100 and 80% there is a stat reduction and at 80% durabilty there is an even greater stat reduction? Sort of like a curve rather than a flat rate.

Sorry to ask so much!

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for your reply! I had a think and i was wondering if you would be able to make durability adjust based on a different stat/choice of stat. Luck for example, as it's use is a bit less defined you could use it as a 'dummy' stat, and with yanflys parameter controls you could use luck to affect crit. 
I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  The durability Adjust is a equipment stat modifier and affects ALL (default) stats of a particular equip item.

It is based on the item's durability value directly and is not affected by the item's stats itself.

I was also wondering if it were possible to have more than 1 adjust 'points' ie. Between 100 and 80% there is a stat reduction and at 80% durabilty there is an even greater stat reduction? Sort of like a curve rather than a flat rate.
For the sake of simplicity, I made the stat reduction simple.  I found that in playtesting, most players preferred a simple way of understanding their item's stat depreciation.  (And they  didn't really need a curve for most low stat equips anyway, IMO.)

You can, of course, edit the plugin for your own use to get the result you want.

That said, I may revisit the idea of adding a depreciation curve formula param later if requested enough, but for now, I think it's mostly OK as-is.

Snuh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahh, okay. I thought the plugin only affected the Attack stat, which is currently all I'm using on weapons. I might get some more playtesting myself to see if I actually need a curve too. It's really just an idea at this stage.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK Let me know if it proves necessary and we'll go from there.

CosBlade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to do a script call to repair all items in the inventory? Or to check for which ones need repair? I'm trying to provide a blacksmith NPC with a functional purpose, so if you pay him X Gold he repairs all equipment.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there any way to do a script call to repair all items in the inventory? Or to check for which ones need repair? I'm trying to provide a blacksmith NPC with a functional purpose, so if you pay him X Gold he repairs all equipment.
Updated: Now added Script calls to total all durability and repair all items for intended use with characters such as blacksmiths.

CosBlade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow I read right past that! X_X I was so tired last night. Thank you!

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No worries! Feel free to ask if you have any issues.

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One thing i'd love to see is the Durability appearing on the Equip screen when an item is equipped. Right now you have to go to the Inventory to see the item's Durability. Any chance of that? (I had a plugin made for me that did this, but the new 1.5.2 update broke it with a 'buffer not defined' error).

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This request is considered by me to be a custom menu request which is both beyond the scope of this plugin and not something I typically do. Compounding things is the fact that I have not bothered upgrading my rpg mv and do not plan to until I'm fairly certain there are no more hiccups present.

Having the plugin author update your current edits would be your best shot at this point.

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Deleted. Got it working.

Last edited:

Arkaik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Maliki79 i got a question about this plugin.
Is it possible to set the item to have a random chance of remain instead of being delete everytime it breaks?
Btw, thanks a lot for this plugin! :kaohi:

Last edited:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @Arkaik
Firstly, my plugin allows you to set it so items don't get deleted at all.
I can look into a percentage chance of it deleting the item, but I personally think it would over-complicate gameplay if so.
Just let me know exactly how you'd expect it to work and I'll go from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.
If you had some musical requests in line with me.. feel free to re post! Corona has killed me and have recently got my internet back <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aedgonz