Maliki's PermaDeath ver 1.2 (Save File Disable)

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maliki's PermaDeath

ver 1.2

Features: This Plugin allows developers to render a players save file unloadable once they reach a Game Over in their game.
Saves are also linked to user "profiles" i.e. when someone starts a new game.
Saves linked to one game will not affect saves from another.

Howto: Plug and Play. Once this Plugin is installed, upon starting a new game, a save will be unloadable once a game over is reached. Copy/pasted files will also not work.
(There is a workaround here, but I'm looking for a workaround to this workaround. Not gonna disclose it as it would kinda defeat the purpose of making the plugin in the first place. :) )
Note that if the plugin is disabled, the saves will be usable again.
Once the plugin is enabled again, the saves will be disabled as well.
(I plan to create a rescue function for devs to restore saves for debugging purposes, but I want to fix that workaround first.)

Update: Updated with Script Calls to enable/disable plugin. Plugin now defaults to disabled.

Plugin Conflicts: There shouldn't be any conflicts with this plugin, however let me know if any are found and I'll try to correct them.

Permissions: This plugin can be used in any project, commercial or otherwise, as long as credit is given.

Note: This plugin was kinda made as a proof of concept thing.
I personally don't care for such a gameplay mechanic but I wanted to see if I could do it once I saw the request.
Anyway, tips to improve this plugin would be greatly appreciated, but I think it might be better to provide this via PM. This request is for tips that fix or address the core disable functionality. More casual requests/thoughts should be posted here.

Download:

Last edited:

GreenDude

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just the thing I was looking for!

Blockbird

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Would it be possible to avoid disabling the saves if a battle is lost but doesn't result in the game over scene?
Thinking on maybe common eventing some kind of prerequisites before the player loses their save, perhaps teleporting to a location instead

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can use the script call
$gameSystem.disablePermadeath();
In your common event to disable the save disabling.
(Heh)

EDIT: And just to answer your question a bit more fully, @Blockbird as of version 1.2 of this plugin, the permadeath is not on by default.
You have to turn it on via script call.
But even with it on, as long as the player does not close their game during battle, the saves should not be locked out.
(That's pretty much the only way a save can be locked out without getting a game over.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheepman