RMMV Mana Khemia Style Skills/Combat System

WheatTon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to make a game with a combat system reminiscent to the game Mana Khemia. In the game you have a turn order in the form of cards in the first one and orbs in the second. Certain skills can add cards/orbs to the turn order so that when it comes to the skills turn it does the attack again.

For example Raze, the main character of Mana Khemia 2, has a skill called Falling Leaves where light rains down and hits 4 times, then he adds 3 Falling Leaves turns to the turn order. Whenever those turns come around, light rains down for 4 hits again. Also, if you are fast enough, you can cast it again putting even more in the turn order.

Is there a way to do this in RPG Maker MV? I have been attempting to use Yanfly's CTB for this, but to no avail.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know I saw a battle system like that for RPG Maker MV, 1 or 2 weeks ago, but I can't remember who made it, so, the good new is it exists, the bad new is I don't know where...

I will try a quick search in my history, but I don't guarantee anything.

-----------

Ok, I found it, but it is not exactly the same, it seems like you will need to edit it to get the same effect than Mana Khemia.

The script is from Victor Engine, maybe you can find more similar scripts there and make more conditions for turns:

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

WheatTon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I saw a battle system like that for RPG Maker MV, 1 or 2 weeks ago, but I can't remember who made it, so, the good new is it exists, the bad new is I don't know where...

I will try a quick search in my history, but I don't guarantee anything.

-----------

Ok, I found it, but it is not exactly the same, it seems like you will need to edit it to get the same effect than Mana Khemia.

The script is from Victor Engine, maybe you can find more similar scripts there and make more conditions for turns:

Thanks! I have been using Yanfly's CTB system, but I'll try out Victor Engine and see if I can work it out.

Edit: It seems that the Victor Engine CTB won't allow me to do what I'm attempting. I found a work around for my time skills using SRD's Summon Core and Yanfly's Weapon Unleash plugins. If I summon an invisible actor and set them to auto battle, replacing their attack with the skill, when their turn comes around they use it again.

This allows you to have moves such as Echo Heal from Mana Khemia that adds an icon to the turn counter that lasts for a few turns, healing you again on it's turn until it goes away.

I had this effect working and now, for some reason, the healing actor no longer auto battles, but I'm sure I can get it working again.

Edit 2: Alright! Using Yanfly's Auto Passive States I have solved the auto battle issue. I just made a state with the restrictions "Attack Ally" for heals and "Attack Enemy" for damage. Now for some reason the summons deal 0 damage. You can use the skill effects area's "Recover HP" to make the summoned actor's skills heal or damage, but that's not really what I want, so I'm going to keep trying.

Edit 3: I have now found yet another work around for the damage problems. The summoned actor, for some reason, would either do significantly less damage or 0 damage when using formulas. I now have the summoned actors attack call a common event to Force an Action, so the summoner casts it instead. This looks just a bit funky as the blank skill name forces the tint at the top, but it works.

Now my last obstacles are how long the summoned actor stays in battle and summoning multiple actors at once. If I want a single actor to have 3 turns to use the skill, depending on how many actors or enemies are in the turn order, the summoned actor may run out of time before they can use the skill 3 times.

If I want the actor to be summoned multiple times and placed throughout the turn order at different intervals, with one action each, I run into the same problem. This has become a pain in the butt, but I'm determined to figure it out.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Since I started in this world of make games, It's hard for me to enjoy playing a game. It's like, coding and make it work, sounds like I'm playing and have fun o_O
Not sure if it's true (and I won't judge or blame anyone if it is, really), but I heard from confident sources that you guys (and girls) really really like to
How is this new year for everyone? Hope you are well. Still deep in Covid in the US. Its like a vampire and refuses to die with even more strains. I need some holy water to kill it with.
in my game, what's known as HeadSpace is combining with the real world...
oh looks like the forums updated while I wasn't looking and we can put a banner now. Neat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TransDiv