alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The video below is the first part of a brief playthrough of the very beginning of the game. It runs through the tutorial segments and shows how the dev plays it in case some get lost when I release v0.25 or they're just curious. The playthrough will most likely be up to the point of the first story boss being defeated(the first story boss is actually optional). There are a few enemies where their counter skill didn't come out right and that's due to the fact that I forgot I moved them when I added the Vahl-Cre's skills; you won't experience this problem in the update. There are only three parts now but I'll be continuously uploading more to the playlist throughout the week.

Here is a bonus clip of some more Vahl-Cre gameplay for those interested. I've already tweaked their skills(mainly nerfs) since the last video to make them fit the support role better. As a fun tidbit for Angelic Crash it will have two late game accessories that alter its instant death version: one accessory will boost the enemy's hp requirement to 30% clean and another will boost it to 40% but the user will need 500%mp. In v0.25 weapons, shields, and accessories(not the stones/gems/crystals) will no longer alter any of your stats except for Mana(crit damage and elemental damage is still a thing though). Instead their main use is what abilities they equip onto you and how they alter them. The example I gave with Angelic Crash is one method of how they will function. The stats of the characters will also no longer grow as you level(except for hp). Instead they're all fixed based on what class you are. I made this change to put more emphasis on the job system. All of your power comes from your loadout and grinding won't help you as much as other rpgs. Players will have to rely on some good old fashion trial and error here. I've also removed the exp given from bosses for those who wish to do low level runs since this style of game seems to be conducive for those types of challenges. Running from battles is also much easier for speed runners.

I'm currently brainstorming the Dancer so I might post a surprise breakdown of it even though it won't be available for a long while after the Vahl-Cre is unlocked(I've already added all of the character graphics for it). I'm almost done figuring out the Palyth revamp so hopefully I can get that out before the week is over.

Last edited:

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything I am seeing looks outstanding! I love the level designs and how the battles look with the enemies chosen.
Keep up the good work!

A lot of this reminds me of FFXI

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is the latest news regarding my game! I'll be covering the Palyth class! This showcase took a lot longer than usual because this class fundamentally determines the game's balance and difficulty. I'll be loosely following the "Holy Trinity" of roles in rpgs: Tank, Healer, and DPS. Once the Palyth class is unlocked this paradigm will be put into full effect, meaning you'll almost always want a dedicated tank class in your party. However, due to the nature of the combat, if you're really skilled you can bypass the need for this paradigm and just go all dps in a lot of battles, even while being underleveled. This makes balancing over 20+ classes in the game a lot easier for me but it also subtly encourages players to search for a way to "break the game" and play the way they want to.

Four of the classes in the game will be Tank classes and each will offer their own methods of keeping the party alive. These classes naturally have high defense and hp pools. They also tend to have a high amount Battle Gear slots in favor of ability slots. Due to how easy it is to raise a character's hp and Overflow you can easily get a character's hp to insanely high levels during battle. To balance this I'm going to incorporate "Tank Busters" into the game. Basically certain enemies will counter you with unavoidable attacks that deal damage based on how high the user's maximum hp is. So if a character with relatively low max hp gets hit by a Tank Buster they'll probably survive it, but if a character who got a little too greedy with Vigor Crystals gets hit by a Tank Buster they'll more than likely get one shotted(which can mean a gameover if they were pulling necessary aggro). With that being said Tanks will be very useful in drawing aggro and soaking up damage, but you'll have to be smart on when to draw aggro to avoid Tank Busters.

Here is a brief overview of all of the Tank classes that will be in the game:

Blavyk Palyth - This is your magical tank class. Once this is unlocked you will definitely need its abilities in order to deal with the dangerous magical enemies in the game. The first ability they unlock is a Magic Taunt skill.

Tygyk Caster - This is a special tank class in that it mitigates damage in unique ways. They specialize in delaying damage and distorting one's own stats to gain an edge in battle. Their unique and innate Double Time ability allows them to act twice in one turn during battle while at Full Mana, which can be extremely powerful and fun to take advantage of. I won't give away too many details about it now but I'm taking inspiration from the Chronomancer class in Guild Wars 2.

Soul Hunter - This is another unique tank in that the "Vampire Hunter" look is actually more support oriented while the "demon" look is the true power of the class. This class form changes in battle if certain conditions are met and the vampiric form can be used as either a tank or a dps. If you use a Taunt-like skill during the turn the damage output of the class will be much lower, but if you don't then it's the strongest class in the game in terms of damage. The vampiric form will have weak stats but an extraordinary amount of hp and the damage of it's skills scale off of it. Actually, all of its attacks consume hp(even counter attacks) so it's a very high risk, high reward type of class(think of the Demon Avenger job from Maplestory)(The vampiric form will have very flashy skills, similar to the Vahl-Cre). This class is exclusive to the males and won't be unlocked until the last half of the game(so it won't be in v0.25).

Palyth -
The simplest tank of them all but not the weakest. Actually they have what's probably the best skill in the game: Flawless Defense. The Palyth is the designated physical tank of the game. Their method of defense revolves around using shields. In the current demo they are without a doubt the strongest class in the game, broken even. But I'm going to adjust them accordingly for v0.25. They'll still be very strong but mainly because the game's balance forces them to be so since most enemies attack physically. I can see people keeping at least one on their team for their entire playthrough once they unlock it. This class will be unlocked as soon as you unlock the class system(like the current demo).

Shield Expert - A very simple skill that halves the block cost of all shields. In the current demo this is actually Power Guard but I'm swapping things around to streamline the class more. Overall a very nice skill to have if you're too lazy to dodge or you're trying to maximize dps on a Blavyk Caster. This is innate to Palyths and is shared.

Power Guard - Don't you just hate those pesky Breaking attacks? The remove all of your mp whenever you try to block them and you never see them coming. Well fear them no more because this skill will let you block them for just double the shield's original block cost! The most deadly attacks in the game break through shields so this can be a real life saver. Of course you can't get too happy with it since that double block cost cannot be altered in any way(as in it does not stack with Shield Expert or anything else in the game). This skill is just meant to help you survive those "Oh ****!" moments and nothing else. This is a new skill that is innate to the Palyth and is shared.

Flawless Defense - In the current demo this is hands down the most broken and powerful ability in my opinion, so it's getting a nerf in v0.25. Actually it probably won't even be in v0.25 since you won't unlock it until halfway through the story and the new update probably won't even get to the end of the first act. In the current demo this skill nullifies the block cost of all attacks while at Full Mana. So whenever you were at Full Mana you could just block for free and yawn your way to victory. Now you have to be at 300%MP to get the effect, but it will let you block Breaking attacks for free as well so it's not a mega nerf. This skill is innate to Palyths but it won't be available until a certain point in the story. This is also shared.

Angelic Defense - This skill has been unchanged from the current demo save for the new icon I gave it. It restores 6% of the user's hp whenever they block an attack. It's very effective and it stacks with everything. This is innate to Palyths and it's shared.

Warrior's Will - In my opinion this was another extremely broken skill the class has in the current demo. It allows the user to survive an otherwise fatal hit as long as they aren't at critical hp. This paired with abilities like Angelic Defense made it pretty busted so I nerfed it to the point where it will only proc once a turn, but you can be in critical. I still think it's a bit on the strong side but it's necessary since a minor slip up can lead to sudden big damage in this game. Palyths learn this innately and it's shared.

Phalanx - This is the physical taunt skill of the game that lasts for one turn. This skill is pretty much the same as the one in the current demo. One interesting note is that it lures counter attacks so the character's allies don't have to worry about being countered physically when this skill is up. In tough encounters you'll have to be wise and know when and when not to use this to avoid Tank Busters. The user's defense stat is doubled while this skill is in use.

Shield Bash - The user slams the target with their shield that deals 5 Aegis damage. If the user has either a sword, ax, spear, or mace equipped then they will follow up by striking the target with it and recover 12% of their hp in the process(the heal effect is not in the first few videos of the demo play series). This skill can deal a total of 10 Aegis damage, it's a bit on the low side but the hp recovery is superb for tanks or just in general. This ability is shared but the user must have a shield equipped to use it.

Saint's Slash - This is an entirely new ability that strikes the target with a floaty rising slash. If the user is at Full Mana then they will swing twice, with the second hit dealing x2 damage and healing the user for 12% of their max hp. This skill will only counter the enemy if the user is above 50% hp so you can't rely on it to bail you out of a tight spot. This is the Palyth's main damage skill since it's power scales off of the user's current hp. This skill is not shared as it's meant to be a tool for tanks only.

Here is the video. Since most of their abilities are passive there isn't much to show off, so I just decided to record some random battles with a midgame test party(the area shown will not be available in v0.25). The Galvux's Galvux Defense ability makes blocking really fun with this class.

As a side note I updated the Screenshot section in the op(as well as the Class section). I'll post them here too as they contain a few images of new areas to explore in the coming updates:

Last edited:

Petrus906

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I Like your game a llot. The story is interesting by now, your maps and graphics are beautiful a,d some of the features are really well fleshed out. I love fifi too. He's great haha. I also like how the story has different ethnicities at play, specially since most rpgs do't feature a lot of brown people.

Anyways, I generally don't like button triiggered battles, but you managed to make it interesting. But... it is still super hard to me haha. (Abigail dies so much T_T). Making sure your attacks land is fnie, bu i would consider tweaking the way you dodge..? I mean i know you are supposed to dodge according to where the enemy attacks, but some times it looks so random, to me at least. I probably am just not used yet, idk, but the combat sure is hard at first.

I'm not saying your game should 100% easy, but if i'm dying so much and can't even revive myself most of the times, how am i gonna continue...? Maybe u'm just bad, so forget all of this haha >_<
That aside, the game looks really promising. THe BGM, the animations, anyways it's very special. Keep it p

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I Like your game a llot. The story is interesting by now, your maps and graphics are beautiful a,d some of the features are really well fleshed out. I love fifi too. He's great haha. I also like how the story has different ethnicities at play, specially since most rpgs do't feature a lot of brown people.

Anyways, I generally don't like button triiggered battles, but you managed to make it interesting. But... it is still super hard to me haha. (Abigail dies so much T_T). Making sure your attacks land is fnie, bu i would consider tweaking the way you dodge..? I mean i know you are supposed to dodge according to where the enemy attacks, but some times it looks so random, to me at least. I probably am just not used yet, idk, but the combat sure is hard at first.

I'm not saying your game should 100% easy, but if i'm dying so much and can't even revive myself most of the times, how am i gonna continue...? Maybe u'm just bad, so forget all of this haha >_<
That aside, the game looks really promising. THe BGM, the animations, anyways it's very special. Keep it p
Thank you so much for the feedback! The beginning of the game was not meant to be so challenging that you die every other battle so I'll definitely tone it down for the next update. How far did you get in terms of story? Did you ever make it out of the mines and did you talk to the npc in the first zone to get your bearings?

Petrus906

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for the feedback! The beginning of the game was not meant to be so challenging that you die every other battle so I'll definitely tone it down for the next update. How far did you get in terms of story? Did you ever make it out of the mines and did you talk to the npc in the first zone to get your bearings?
By the time I made that comment, I had reached the last map of the cave, the one with dragons and such! I think my problem was, I misused most of my Life Potions, so I missed them. Abigail would just die every encounter with the player-like enemies. Just later I discovered that crystal recovers you Haha.
I think it's a very neat dungeon to be honest. I just think some battle groups can be really challenging if you do some mistakes, which are expected to the star of the game..
Anyways, I already reached the part with Zeruiah at least! It's still very fun to play though! ^_^ also sorry for the typos in that comment...

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the time I made that comment, I had reached the last map of the cave, the one with dragons and such! I think my problem was, I misused most of my Life Potions, so I missed them. Abigail would just die every encounter with the player-like enemies. Just later I discovered that crystal recovers you Haha.
I think it's a very neat dungeon to be honest. I just think some battle groups can be really challenging if you do some mistakes, which are expected to the star of the game..
Anyways, I already reached the part with Zeruiah at least! It's still very fun to play though! ^_^ also sorry for the typos in that comment...
Alright that's awesome! I'm glad you managed to work your way through to Zeruiah's part. It might actually be easier now since she's a dedicated healer(and once you unlock the Palyth class the game becomes a cakewalk because it's broken lol). The game is meant to be challenging but outside of optional content the difficulty isn't supposed to pick up until after you unlock the class system. Anyways may I ask how many hours you have so far and how many hidden chests you've found(it tells you how many hidden chests you've found in the save screen)?

btw don't worry about the typos, I understand what you're saying quite clearly.

Petrus906

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright that's awesome! I'm glad you managed to work your way through to Zeruiah's part. It might actually be easier now since she's a dedicated healer(and once you unlock the Palyth class the game becomes a cakewalk because it's broken lol). The game is meant to be challenging but outside of optional content the difficulty isn't supposed to pick up until after you unlock the class system. Anyways may I ask how many hours you have so far and how many hidden chests you've found(it tells you how many hidden chests you've found in the save screen)?

btw don't worry about the typos, I understand what you're saying quite clearly.
Hi!! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't played in a while Haha. I opened 15 hidden chests, and I just got to 3 hours of gameplay!

Yeah I'm excited to see the class system, it sounds important ^_^

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No content updates this post. I have some good news and some not so good news to share:

The good news is that development is coming along well and I should have a solid new version of the game available by the end of the month. I'll also be uploading my game to itch.io and possibly gamejolt.com instead of just throwing it into my dropbox.

The not so good news is that I'm actually a slow worker and I won't have any "new" content available by the end of the month. So basically you'd just get the current demo again except with rebalancing, new mechanics, and 1 new class(the Scarlet Caster will be unlocked along with the other classes when you first unlock the job system). I can see why this would be a bit disappointing to those who have played the current demo to the end. So I'm going to try and buckle down and complete as much 'extra' content as possible. I could push myself to finish Uoltaur labyrinth before the month is over, which is the next story dungeon after Gethal Labyrinth, and that would give the player brand new classes to use but there would be no new content to play the new classes on afterward so I'm going to take more time. But no matter what I'm going to release whatever I have before the year is out. Because this game is so long and expansive I don't want to release updates too frequently but at the same time I don't want it to be the better part of a year before you get the next version of it.

So content-wise there's the Uoltaur Labyrinth(which is halfway done in mapping), Mushmarr Mountains, which follows Uoltaur Labyrinth, and then there are four dungeons or "areas"(two of which are optional) the player goes through before the story takes a major turn and the player gets taken to a new continent called Traisia(if you've seen my world map video Traisia is east of Gethalia and is mostly green mountains and forests). Uoltaur Labyrinth will unlock the Argyk Warrior, Hyrvyk Caster, Stagyk Caster, and the Galvux classes. The Vahl-Cre, Aevyk Caster, and Myvyk Caster will be unlocked just before you hit the shores of Traisia. Shortly after that you're introduced to the two twins of royalty you see in this video and their plight concerning their mother, the queen of the land. And to give you a perspective of content once the Traisia story arc is wrapped up the game will be halfway done(minus optional stuff). I have some really cool things planned for this game and a lot of awesome locations, events, and fights so don't think I'll be throwing in the towel anytime soon. I've already conceptualized the story's ending and how I'll approach the post game dungeon.

Regarding the game's difficulty; I can see people having a really hard time with the game's steep learning curve so v0.25 will have a much lower difficulty in the beginning. Most of the monster's attacks have been streamlined and are easier to deal with on a visual level. The player-like enemies have been given more skills and are even more difficult to deal with, but in the early stages of the game their attacks won't hurt nearly as much so it should be easier to get your bearings. I'll adjust it so that it will be a relatively easy game(excluding optional stuff) until you beat Gethal Labyrinth or the point where the current demo ends. At that point you should have enough abilities unlocked and be comfortable enough with the combat to handle some vicious content.

Hi!! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't played in a while Haha. I opened 15 hidden chests, and I just got to 3 hours of gameplay!

Yeah I'm excited to see the class system, it sounds important ^_^
Holy moly 3 hours of gameplay and you're just at Zeruiah?! Man I underestimated the amount of hours you can put into this game. I can only imagine how much higher it would be if you decided to go for most if not all of the optional content. I clocked in at just under 2.5 hours while obtaining every hidden chest(40+) and doing all of the optional content when I finished Zeruiah's story. Just goes to show you always need someone else to playtest your games for you.

Yeah the class system is the main feature of the game but I make the player wait until they unlock it for story purposes.

Last edited:

Petrus906

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy moly 3 hours of gameplay and you're just at Zeruiah?! Man I underestimated the amount of hours you can put into this game. I can only imagine how much higher it would be if you decided to go for most if not all of the hidden chests. I clocked in at just under 2.5 hours while obtaining every hidden chest(40+) and doing all of the optional content when I finished Zeruiah's story. Just goes to show you always need someone else to playtest your games for you.

Yeah the class system is the main feature of the game but I make the player wait until they unlock it for story purposes.
2.5 hours that's insane haha
Also Abigail is beating my ass to filth on that ship lol. Idk I think it doesn't happen that the ship battles get a bit laggy (on my laptop at least), maybe because of the fog..? and that kinda makes it a bit harder to get it right. (Not saying you suould get rid of it, most people probably won't have this and it does make a nice atmosphere). Anyways I'm gonna stop complaining and just keep trying :^)

Last edited:

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spoilers dude hide your comment in a spoiler tag. But yeah I know the game so it's only natural I complete it swiftly. That fight can be rough but Orna's summons is the key to winning.

Edit: Actually I should say that it's 2.5 hours if I don't do Fyrvoth's sidequest and it's just under 4 hours if I do everything possible as Zeruiah in her story arc. Since you seem to be taking your time with exploration(which is great!) I could see you taking about another 3-5 hours minimum before you unlock the class system. If you decide to do Fyrvoth's sidequest then it will probably add another 2-3 hours(pm me if you want to know how to do this sidequest, it's secret and completely missable so make a separate save file once you reach the city). And then once Zeruiah's story is complete I'd say you have an additional 4-6 hours minimum before you reach the end of the current demo.

Last edited:

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! I have a small update containing screenshots on some levels I've been working on. The first collection of screenshots is a new optional dungeon that I'm hoping I'll be able to squeeze into v0.25. The second is a mandatory story zone that I've mentioned in a previous post.

Undead - This is a new enemy mechanic that will be in the next update. Enemies under this state will repeatedly be revived to half of their maximum hp if they are killed with a move that does not contain purification properties. Abilities will be marked with a special icon indicating that they will permanently destroy the Undead if used as the killing blow. This adds a whole new layer of strategy to the game and complements the Spirit Shards mechanic nicely. Some attacks however will outright destroy a non-boss Undead enemy. The Galvux's Deletion Cannon is one and the Vahl-Cre's Angelic Crash will kill any Undead enemy that is not a boss, regardless of how much hp it has. However the class that is most suited for dealing with these enemies is the Soul Hunter, but that's a ways from now. As the game progresses more Undead enemies will pop up.

Also, the Vahl-Cre class you see in these images is not indicative of what will be available in v0.25. Actually, Zeruiah won't even be playable again in v0.25 once her initial story arc concludes.

This is Karthomos' Catacombs and this is pretty much what it looks like when you first enter. The map isn't complete so a lot of details are missing but it should give you a good idea of the look and feel of the place. The music for this area is pretty relaxing too considering this will probably be the most difficult dungeon available in v0.25(fingers crossed I get this far in development before December is over).

This tomb here is very important and the key to releasing the main boss of this dungeon. Actually there are several tough boss encounters in these catacombs but most of them won't be accessible in v0.25.

Those who liked to explore in the first demo might recognize this enemy. He's pretty much an indestructible blockade in Patholos Tower and he'll play the same role here as well, at least for v0.25. There will still be a decent amount to explore but if you want to go to the lower floors of this dungeon(where all the real goodies are) then you'll have to wait until a version with the right class is released to get passed him.

And here we have an image of the new battleback I just recently finished along with some ugly, but sinister, fiends to fight. All of the monsters in here are Undead so be prepared when you enter. Also, I'm really proud of this battleback and it didn't take as long to complete as the one for the Mushmarr Mountains.

This is the Mushmarr Mountains the player flies over in the game's opening cutscene. This map is currently incomplete but there will be a plethora of Mana Raiders to fight on these mountains.

Here is a beautiful waterfall and some swamp grass that can be traversed through.

There will be a lot of vertical traversal on these maps.

This is the new battleback for the zone. I have to say I am SUPER proud of it. Visually there are a lot moving parts(even the waterfall in the back moves!). It took me some hours to finish it but man do I love it. I'll try to get this on footage soon so you can see it in motion. And as for the enemies they're mostly aerial/electrical enemies so rock based attacks are most effective here. There is also a secret aeon encounter on this mountain but it will only be available if you've beaten Fyrvoth's sidequest during Zeruiah's story segment.

This rare encounter is quite peculiar and hints at the presence of the game's antagonists on this mountain.

Last edited:

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys this is a small update here. Everything is coming along nicely and v0.25 should be releasing sometime before December 25. I won't have enough time to revamp the Yhol-Yin class for the update and the Hyrvyk Caster will be playable but incomplete, however I think it's all a worthwhile sacrifice to get more of the story done. Right now I'm still in the midst of rebalancing the enemies leading up to the Uoltaur Labyrinth dungeon.

I'm tweaking the weapons of the game a bit. Now most weapons will equip an offensive ability that can be used in place of the user's Weapon Attack to ignore mp cost. These weapons will have a lower Attack Rank and Max MP bonus to compensate. It may seem like with all of the different abilities in the game normal Weapon Attacks would be somewhat obsolete but the Kregyk Warrior(Gladiator) class triples the damage and Mana Rate of all of your Weapon Attacks. This coupled with some accessories that increase the damage of Weapon Attacks will make them quite powerful if the player decides to make a dps build around it. Although the Kregyk Warrior will not be available in v0.25 there will be a few guest characters that already have the ability learned for you to take advantaged of it. Overall this change to the weapons in my opinion makes equipping them far more fun and thought provoking.

Here is a battle I did a long time ago except it's redone with the new system changes. This time there is a lot more strategy involved and the encounter is considerably more difficult. The old video is down below in a spoiler tag for you to compare just how far the game has come since then(my laptop still lags while recording though lol). I also want to point out that since the Bearradon has a nasty counter attack(Heave) I held the PageDown button while being attacked to prevent myself from countering him. Not countering the opponent will potentially be just as effective as countering them in v0.25.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another small update here. As we approach the new release of the game I thought I would mention some of the complaints regarding the difficulty here. I'm going to tweak the hp and attack power of random encounter enemies so that they can be ended without too much of a hassle. The game has a steep learning curve but once you get a handle on it the normal battles should have a pretty relaxed difficulty. Most boss battles in the beginning portion of the game shouldn't be too difficult either. However, the difficulty of boss battles will kick into overdrive once you face a specific boss called Labythia(don't worry this isn't really a spoiler since you find out who she is in the very cutscene you fight her). I can almost guarantee she is going to cause some players to say some bad words lol. The difficulty spike isn't without good reason though; at that point in the story(which is at least 8-10 hours in) the player will have 4 party members that can job change and lore-wise she's one of the first real encounters the heroes have with the Magi(the big bads of the game). Not every boss after her will be as difficult but she marks a small turning point in the game where the heroes assess just how fearsome their enemies really are(as a side note Labythia is actually in the current demo).

Labythia may be the hardest storyline boss to be in v0.25 but Fyrvoth will still hold the title of the most difficult battle in the game. In the current version of the game Fyrvoth is a completely missable sidequest boss that almost requires the player to "just know" what to do to get to him. The sidequest had a quest log to help players figure it out but it would disappear immediately after you talk to the mysterious quest giver(the quest was called "Hunting Fyrvoth"). In v0.25 the quest will not disappear and will serve as a mini guide for the player up until they defeat the Aeon. However, to unlock the "Hunting Fyrvoth" quest the player must complete the "A Bearradon Slayer" quest and "The Secret Village" quest after Vyrn joins your party in Sanoida but before you speak with Lord Hemyohl in his mansion. If the player does not speak with Girandahf before they speak with Lord Hemyohl then they'll blow the quest and never finish it. And as for why someone would want to go through this long sidequest, well it rewards you with the best sword and shield for the first half of the game. Also in a later version of the game Fyrvoth will immediately be unlocked as a summon once you unlock the summoner job, which will save the player time from having to fight a harder version of him later.

In the current version of the game I felt Zeruiah was a bit underpowered to be the great "Crystal Bearer" of the century. So she'll be a powerhouse character during her story segment in version v0.25. She'll have access to Tier III abilities and greatly boost the power of healing element attacks and abilities. Most of the main cast will have something that makes them stand out in battle like innately increased critical damage or innate immunity to status effects. The only character that won't have any inherit benefits in battle is the protagonist Aksil believe it or not. Technically he's the strongest party member you have since he is the only character in the story that can master any and every job, and allow certain individuals that travel with him to do the same. If Aksil is not in the party then the class change option will be locked. He also gets the best weapon in the game so there's that too.

Below is a short video containing a monster-in-a-box. This boss is available in Zeruiah's story segment but I never showed it off as a battle. Personally I don't think it's as difficult as it is in the current demo but it's still fun and rewarding.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright guys here is the new and improved Christmas update; v0.25! However I should preface this by saying that this update might not be as merry has some would have hoped. As far as story content is concerned this version of the game is identical to the previous one. I decided to hold back on giving you guys the new dungeons like Uoltaur's Labyrinth and the Mushmarr Mountains because v0.25 is vastly different from the previous version. It almost feels like a completely different game at times. So I want to see the general reaction of this build before I move forward, since those dungeons mark a big difficulty spike.

It's been nearly an entire year since I released the previous version of this game and I don't want to repeat this update schedule. So you guys can expect Uoltaur's Labyrinth and the Mushmarr Mountains mid to late January 2020 after I've collected sufficient data. One of the reasons I decided to release this new version on Itch and Game Jolt is because I'm hoping to receive a lot more feedback, and I have to expand beyond these forums since it's hard for me to get enough proper playtested feedback from this site. I'm going to reach out to fellow youtubers to try out my game as well. I've been tracking my downloads on the previous version since February and it's currently sitting at 13905 downloads and over 95k views. The link is checked almost every hour of the day and as far as I know this site and my youtube channel are the only ones containing links to it. I know this project has an audience, but they're too silent.

Moving forward I plan on being more active on social media through twitter and instagram to keep you guys up to date. I also plan on releasing a big patch every one to two months. So January's patch will be called v0.28 which will contain the aforementioned dungeons and February's patch will be called v0.3, which will take the player all the way to the point where they unlock the Vahl-Cre class. Depending on the reception this game receives from now on will determine how frequent the updates are and how much content they'll have.

This new version will have some of the Uoltaur Labyrinth dungeon available but will have no story events finished so once you reach Uoltaur Village there won't be much to do.

Honestly there have been so many modifications and tweaks that have been made over the past several months until I don't even know where to begin, nor do I remember all of them lol.

• Revamped the Palyth, Blavyk Caster, Iynvyk Caster, Ruuk, and Argyk Warrior classes.
  • Added dozens of new abilities.
  • Added the Scarlet Caster into the initial classes that are unlocked with the job system.
  • Increased the ability slots and battle gear slots of the Caster class by 2.
  • Fixed the horrible slowdown when selecting a target in the battle menu.
  • Added the Spirit Shards and Overflow mechanics to the battle system.
  • Added the Ability Sharing mechanic to the battle system.
  • Added the Synthesis system.
  • Completely rebalanced all enemies and reworked the damage formula.
  • Removed a lot of 'ambiguous' monster attacks to make dodging them easier.
  • Removed flat stat boosts from most weapons and armor and increased the amount of Mana given from equipment.
  • Removed the exp gained from most bosses and tough optional bosses for low level runs.
  • Fixed various bugs and typos.
  • Reduced the difficulty of the beginning portion of the game. The player-like enemies still have the same attacks but they deal significantly less damage to help ease players into the combat.
There are a lot more changes but these are the most significant that come to mind.

Note: There a lot of bugs and imbalanced enemies in this update but I'm going to fix them before the weekend is over so expect a small ninja update by then.

Note#2: For some reasion Hoshiah's damage with Argyk Abilities is underwhelming. I'm going to try and fix this when I can.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations on releasing the new version, that's a big milestone! I'll download the game and compile some feedback for you as soon as I get the chance. Your download numbers are very impressive, which has me think about branching out myself. Being available in many places can never be a bad thing, so I hope that works out for you too.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mana Radiers Feedback #2

-Made it to David's house. Passability issue (the scrolls on the table). I can step on them and then interact with the book to talk to David haha. I do like the zoom in feature for being inside, but I don't know if I like the mandatory slow down.

-When in David's the black area for the empty space isn't a solid black. There are specks of white. Not sure if this was intended, but if not you might need to clean that up as well.

-Nice verbal introduction to the multi-class system from Liora. It helped the player learn about the system that will come into play later, but it felt natural and didn't feel world breaking/tutorial-esque. Good job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
etiennasse