alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ping me so I can redownload the next version, didn't had the time to play it.
so didn't got many bugs to reports, will do in the next version when possible
and when able. to busy in RL at the moment.
Thanks man I appreciate it.

I have some more videos for you guys to check out. The maps and battlebacks for this new area are a bit more fleshed out now. I'm sure some of you guys already have an idea as to what this area is all about but most of these fights revisit either story bosses or the sidequest bosses surrounding them. I'm still keeping things tight lipped now but I will say that these fights are much harder than when the player first encountered them.

This first video is a revisited fight from a monster-in-box in the Sanoida region of the game. The mechanics of this fight are about 95% fleshed out and require the player to tackle this boss with magical attacks, otherwise you eat some nasty unavoidable counter attacks from the mother bomb. At select hp intervals the boss uses Phlosion Explosion, which is a very devasting attack that should be prepared for. I lucked out by having the fairy that grants second chance being active that turn(the green sparkles when revived). Phlosion Explosion isn't quite finished when it comes to the action sequencing so it looked a little buggy towards the end there. Bubble Barrier is great for this fight since there are a lot of attacks it can absorb here. You may have noticed that I saw to it to buff my party and debuff the boss in the beginning. Buffs and Debuffs will play a crucial role in the more challenging fights of the game and will allow you to tank hits without having to waste precious Mana to block the attacks. Usually in fights like these it's better to target the small minions first before taking on the main boss but in this scenario the opposite is true. Overall I think it's a fun fight and I hope you guys will get to enjoy it too.

This video is much shorter than the other one since this boss hasn't been fully redesigned yet. He just has more hp and stats than the original but when I'm finished with him he'll have some nasty surprises when you pass certain thresholds. Notice I changed the boss's hp display to a percentage. This will help the player gauge when they are about to cross an hp threshold better because they will play a major role in boss battles moving forward. The cool thing about this game is that you can stop yourself from counterattacking if you're inching towards a threshold so you can be prepared to cross it during your next turn. The end of the video should show some familiar enemies to those who have gotten far in the previous demos.

I'll be sure to post some more fights in the next video update but I'd like to know what you guys currently think. Feel free to post any comments or questions about this place if you have any.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I have a small update here. It's another video of a Nightmare Realm boss. I haven't coded in the hp thresholds for this fight yet but what you see here is roughly what you can expect to be in v0.27. This video is a bit deceptive because I was using Fyrvoth's Luster in the fight which is the legendary weapon that is gotten during a long sidequest I mentioned months back. Not only is the weapon water but it has a 40% chance to deal double damage when attacking(you'll see a blue flash and hear Fyrvoth's roar when it happens as shown in the video) so it pretty much demolished this boss. There are also a few new skills and weapons on display here. The basic sword weapon attack has been revamped; actually all weapons are getting revamped for the next demo release. Their damage will be increased 30 fold making them much stronger than most abilities in the game and Attack Ranks(as seen in the weapon's description in game) will have more weight when evaluating a weapon's worth. There's also another massive change that's apparent in the video but I'll let you guys guess what it is.

As a side note I've added two new skills to the Palyth class. Oh and abilities will provide flat stat boosts when equipped, however the flat stat boosts will not apply if you equip the ability through weapons or armor.

Righteous Wielder - This is a unique skill that boosts the user's HP, Defense, and Magic Defense by +20% whenever they have a sword equipped. It also boosts the power of Light elemental swords by allowing the user to perform Righteous Ray at the end of the weapon attack. Righteous Ray burns the target in a pillar of light that hits three times. The attack deals 10 Aegis damage and heals the user for 15% of their maximum hp per hit. This move is shown in the video. This ability is innate to the Palyth and is shared. Provides +500HP and +50 to both the Defense and Magic Defense stat when equipped.

Guardian's Armor - This simple ability boosts the party's Defense and Magic Defense by +70%. This is innate to Palyths and is shared. Provides +150 to both the Defense and Magic Defense stat when equipped.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A small update here to let you guys know that v0.27 is gonna take longer to come out. One reason why is because I have to iron out some nasty bugs that crept up recently. But the main reason is because I'm completely redoing virtually all of my skills(which are hundreds btw). The video below showcases the new revamped battle camera(as well as the volcano dragons boss in the last video). The battles will have a new visual flow to them that might make it easier for some players to play it since the speed of most attacks have been slowed down by roughly 50%. Personally I love the new change. It's more dynamic to look at and play so I'm really excited to finish it up. If you have any thoughts on the changes let me know.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've ceased development on this game, this thread can be closed.

Edit: Something came up and I thought I wouldn't be able to continue on this project anymore. Thankfully I'll be able to resume my work soon. Sorry for the scare guys. I'll have an update with more details on the Nightmare Realm soon!

Last edited:

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For a multitude of reasons. Data loss is a major setback but fortunately that's not a reason anymore. The main reason why is due to a complete lack of interest for this project. Whenever I post an update on my progress it feels like I'm just talking to myself on here. You're pretty much the only person following this game(and I really appreciate your support btw!). When you Google this game the first thing you see(and the most popular video of this game) is a highly negative review of a version that was only available for a very brief time(during the time of the review's recording there was a much better version of the game available that fixed most of the issues brought up). It's embarrassing to even tell people I made this game because of it. Even if this project was suddenly made commercial I doubt it would garner much more interest. After v0.27 launches I will be ceasing development on this project and closing this thread. I have other things going on in my life so I can't waste my time on this anymore. I'll probably continue working on this project privately at a very slow pace, but I will no longer be sharing it.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got to busy as well, one good thing though,

the story is nice,
the gameplay battle is unique,
envirnoment is nice,
and many good parts. (even if you slowed down with the updates, it's your choice.
but I probably got half way the game progress I think, and enjoyed every minute of it.

some battles might be hard, but you create a really nice playable game (demo or not)
or not a full version.

alot of people who play this game can learn something what can be created.

whatever your choice is, I respect it, contiue the game, put it on halt, finish it later when
you got time and update when fully nfinished (no updates in between) is totally up to you.

I want to thank you anyway for this amazing game with many unique aspects :)

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awww! Its really sad to hear you stopped development of the project! :( I really love the look of it and I love the job system! Your battle system looks so fun and I can tell you put a lot of work into it! So its heart breaking to see a project get abandoned now because of external aspects. ☹

I know its your decision and we fully respect it for sure. ^_^ but should you start game deving again soon, please remember that what should matter is that you enjoy making games in the first place. ;) So what if it wont garner any attention at first? Most developers here im sure experienced that. xD Its important that you remember why you're game devving. And its because you love and enjoy it right? ^_^

My first game and heck even second game didnt even had much attention back in the day, I felt they were ignored, and my first got so much criticsm shortly after it was done. :( But I just went on knowing I love making games, we learn from mistakes and the criticsms shared, and try to improve upon em. ^_^ Even now, me as a dev still have so much room for improvement everywhere! ;) So yes, if you ever game dev again... I believe in you. If this is your first game, it looks so much better and polished than my first game, so imagine what you could do if you carried on despite the "ignores" or "criticsms" ;) ^_^

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awww! Its really sad to hear you stopped development of the project! :( I really love the look of it and I love the job system! Your battle system looks so fun and I can tell you put a lot of work into it! So its heart breaking to see a project get abandoned now because of external aspects. ☹

I know its your decision and we fully respect it for sure. ^_^ but should you start game deving again soon, please remember that what should matter is that you enjoy making games in the first place. ;) So what if it wont garner any attention at first? Most developers here im sure experienced that. xD Its important that you remember why you're game devving. And its because you love and enjoy it right? ^_^

My first game and heck even second game didnt even had much attention back in the day, I felt they were ignored, and my first got so much criticsm shortly after it was done. :( But I just went on knowing I love making games, we learn from mistakes and the criticsms shared, and try to improve upon em. ^_^ Even now, me as a dev still have so much room for improvement everywhere! ;) So yes, if you ever game dev again... I believe in you. If this is your first game, it looks so much better and polished than my first game, so imagine what you could do if you carried on despite the "ignores" or "criticsms" ;) ^_^
Thank you for the kind words. The game is fun for me to develop which is why I'll continue to do so privately at a very modest pace. I'll be sure to make v0.27 a lot more fun for the loyal followers. It will have a lot of nice features and there will be a secret to give the player access to every character and class that I've worked on so far once they've reached the demo's end. You guys will still be getting updates leading up to the release of that next build so you'll be seeing me around for a little while longer. Whenever I do complete a version post v0.27 I'll be sending it to d757gaming on YouTube. Whether he chooses to record it is up to him but that's probably the only way you guys will see anything beyond v0.27.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sweet!! ^_^ <3 I'm so glad you're still going to continue developing it privately at your own comfortable pace! :) Make sure it doesn't pressure you indeed and it's always okay to take a break every now and again! :D I'll have a go at your current demo too! Best wishes to you and this cool project! <3

PS: I love how you did the battle sequences and camera movements! <3

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweet!! ^_^ <3 I'm so glad you're still going to continue developing it privately at your own comfortable pace! :) Make sure it doesn't pressure you indeed and it's always okay to take a break every now and again! :D I'll have a go at your current demo too! Best wishes to you and this cool project! <3

PS: I love how you did the battle sequences and camera movements! <3
Thanks! But I recommend waiting until v0.27 drops before trying the game out for the first time. The current version doesn't have the unique new battle camera shown in my latest video and the counter attacks haven't been properly reprogrammed to the reworked Aegis System. The current version is kind of a mess and is really only for vets that want a taste of v0.27.

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ohhh I see!! Very well then, I can be patient and wait for v0.27! ^_^ :) Just got too excited seeing those battle scenes! XD :D But knowing that it'll come with the new update is good! :)

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alcreator440
A part of your reasons for letting down this project comes from two falses ideas.

1. You create a game for yourself and not for others. So, if others doesn't like it the way you do, it does not matter.
2. The lack of feedback doesn't mean a lack of interest and a lack of quality of your game.

Mana Raiders is a game with an interesting gameplay and a deep lore. Maybe it will be estimated at its true value later. I personnaly think this is a huge waste of all the time and the energy that you had invested in this project if you let down.

Anyway, if the motivation is not here anymore, don't force yourself.

Keep me in touch in this thread or in PM when you have new versions that you are worked on your side, even if it is in 5 years :)

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alcreator440
A part of your reasons for letting down this project comes from two falses ideas.

1. You create a game for yourself and not for others. So, if others doesn't like it the way you do, it does not matter.
2. The lack of feedback doesn't mean a lack of interest and a lack of quality of your game.

Mana Raiders is a game with an interesting gameplay and a deep lore. Maybe it will be estimated at its true value later. I personnaly think this is a huge waste of all the time and the energy that you had invested in this project if you let down.

Anyway, if the motivation is not here anymore, don't force yourself.

Keep me in touch in this thread or in PM when you have new versions that you are worked on your side, even if it is in 5 years :)
Thanks Boonty for all of the support you have given me on this project and when v0.27 launches I will definitely pm you(and the versions afterward too). However I have to say that I disagree with you when you say that quitting now would amount to this project being a huge waste of time(and I'm technically not quitting development). I have learned so much about game development and have discovered that I do have a genuine talent for making games, but I'm also a writer. The reason Mana Raiders has such a deep lore is because it's heavily borrowed from my long Sci-Fi Fantasy epic live action movie series I just recently got protected. I've been working on this movie project for nearly ten years now and I just recently finished and copyrighted the screenplay of the first movie(as well as the treatments for the sequels). My dad has been helping me with this project every step of the way(he pretty much taught me how to write) and has connections in hollywood and is going to help me pitch it(we even have all of the actors picked out). Even at this moment I'm currently going back and forth with a talented artist that is doing the character designs to help me pitch it(I literally just got off the phone with her before I saw your post lol). On top of this inspiration just struck me a week and a half ago and now I'm writing the first season of an anime T.V. spin-off series that I want to pitch alongside the movie.

Mana Raiders was always just a small hobby of mine that was meant to sharpen my writing skills and keep my creative juices flowing during my downtime. It never has been and never will be my main focus. And believe it or not the movie I'm currently working on was originally a video game idea I had. I've always had a love for video games which is why I have multiple game design ideas for many different games(like fighting/platformers/racing/and of course RPGs). Even the new T.V. series I have originally came to me as a video game concept. And who knows, maybe I'll find success and return to Mana Raiders with a full dev team to do this game justice. But right now I have to put it aside to focus on my dream since I'm completely inundated right now.

If I truly only cared about numbers and drawing a big crowd I would have replaced all of the music and assets in this game that have been my muse with something that would allow me to go commercial. I have always put my personal enjoyment of the project first and the players second. With that said, if this project had a larger fanbase then I would feel more pressured to keep the development going, but honestly it's probably for the best that it's pretty quiet right now(but with my luck and with the way v0.27 is shaping up right now it'll probably blow up lol).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhengdddddd