RMMV Manafinder - A tale about survival featuring all original pixel art and music! [Demo out now!]

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does this extend the questline/demo where it ends on not riding
the kano later? or you can pass through there?

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does this extend the questline/demo where it ends on not riding
the kano later? or you can pass through there?
No, it doesn't extend it. That part is where the story continues, so you will have to wait for full release! :)

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few updates...

1. I caught COVID last week and it was not fun. I'm feeling better but still recovering! I did not work during the first days of symptoms... I couldn't lol

2. Manafinder's Spanish translation is underway by... myself! Spanish is actually my native tongue. Manafinder will launch with both English and Spanish support.

3. Japanese translation is also underway! (not by me, but a professional)
xZBqfnbl.png

There were some challenges and plugin changes I had to make to accommodate Japanese, such as...
  • Change the font when switching to Japanese because my current font did not support JP.
  • Use a different word-wrapping logic when using Japanese because there are no spaces between words most of the time.
  • I switched new area places to display vertically when playing in Japanese.
  • Let's see what else comes up during the translation process. But so far it's been fun!
tategaki.PNG

And to anyone curious I'm using this plugin for multiple language support: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/iavra-localization.53699/

@Iavra , you're a hero!

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well my first stream ever did have some views, so I'm happy about that! Hopefully, numbers are reflected in the wishlists once they are updated tomorrow lol

I did run into some technical difficulties during the first 15 minutes so there's that too

I'll be doing a second one (and last one) tomorrow, this time including the entire prologue!

xFGtLvpl.png

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I updated the screenshots in the original post since I had not realized they were way out of date lol

Also, here's a new screenshot of an optional crab boss!

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The demo has been updated with... Spanish support! I'm bilingual, my native language is actually Spanish, so I went ahead and added Spanish support myself. So if there's any Spanish speaker here I'm happy to inform you that Manafinder will launch in both English and Spanish :)

I still originally wrote Manafinder in English because of two reasons:
1. I grew up playing RPGs in English. Back in the day RPGs were rarely translated in Latin America
2. English definitely has a wider reach, specially with RPGs.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1582410/view/3327612290701157678

And for anyone curious, I used this plugin by Iavra to support multiple languages: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/iavra-localization.53699/

Last edited:

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hurt my back last week so I don't have a lot of updates to show. However I can inform you all that beta testing is coming along really nicely :)

Hopefully this upcoming next week I can resume showcasing more screenshots/gifs of the game.

Also, I do have two more LPs to share!

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a boss fight I made a crazier BG for. It's a "one-of-a-kind battle BG" in Manafinder, but I still decided to add an option to disable the rotation in case some players find it too trippy or disorienting.

a4lHtIE.gif

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the roation part, but you can also bound a switch to it in the option
menu otherwise.

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest updates:
1. I'm excited to announce Manafinder will be part of the Seattle Indies Expo this September 4! I'll be preparing some postcards and maybe stickers :)
So if you're in the area, or are visiting PAX West then stop by Manafinder's booth!
https://six.seattleindies.org/

2. Here's the latest Screenshot Saturday!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think of square to circles? which looks better I think, but it nice enemy.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Camping inside a hidden cave.
LzSHByh.jpg
I don’t believe in astrology. I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.
senary_concept_art.png
The concept art for the sprite of Senary, a major character in my upcoming (as-of-yet-unnamed) project. She is known as the Timelord because she can "stop time" by making eye contact with a person; Paralyzing them for a short period of time through a type of hypnosis. Tell me what you think about her. I'm thinking of changing the color of her coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawerencewils