Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is the main topic for Manga Maker: Comipo! If anyone has any questions, please post here!

Comipo Guide over here!

FAQ:

Q1: I just downloaded and installed the demo, and got a "not compatible with this OS" message when I tried to run it. (Win 8)
A: Make it r
un it under backwards compatibility in desktop mode.

Q2: I just downloaded and installed the demo but it wouldn't let me activate the trial!
A: Re-download the program. The original page should be updated by now as well.

Known Bugs:

N/A

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But there isn't a trial version or something (maybe 30 days)? Just to test it out before actually buying it.

I installed the tool, but it already asks me for a license key, I don't know if it's worth buying or not.

EDIT:

Oh my bad, I didn't read the quote Archeia, sorry about that.

Anyway, it's an awesome tool.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Will this goto forum store, because I can't buy anything from Site store. I wanted this cyber Monday, but I never could complete checkout...

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not exactly ComiPo! support related, but I've had ComiPo! for a couple of years and have been making free resources for people to use in it; I've also made at least one tutorial on importing custom hair.

If anyone has any problems working with ComiPo! I wouldn't mind helping out, so long as it's something that I can help you with. :)

DedTreeJig

Ancient Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been using ComiPo! for about a year now.  Any chance we will see resource packs like we do for RPG Maker?  Would love to have some non-school related stuff.

-Keith

UindoOokami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I just have one qustion? Are school themed recourses the only thing included in the full version? While that is great for my story(ies) there is a part of it that takes place in a post-modern Sci-fi world, as well as a magical world inspired by fudeal japan. So will there be a wide arange of character pieces and backgrounds?

Maus Merryjest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also want to enquire about the models themselves: How hard is it to create custom models of characters and import them into this program? Say, non-human characters such as anthropormorphic characters or aliens? I have looked through the online documentation but I can find nothing that discusses the uses of models or rigging for importing--- that'd be a very big plus for me as far as reasons to purchase this software.

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ComiPo! has resources packs for the Japanese and Korean versions of the program, some of them have been released for the English version, but it takes them awhile for some reason.

The ones that are available for the English version can be found here on their site: http://www.comipo.com/en/premium/index.html (paid) and here: http://www.comipo.com/en/bonus/index.html (free)

The addons for the Japanese version can be found here: http://www.comipo.com/price/index_pay_adddata.html

But note, that they will not work in the English version.

Unfortunately, everything that they have released as of now is still pretty much modern day, such as sportswear, swimwear, business suits, casual wear and summer uniforms.

It would be nice if they would make more outfits, like: maid, butler, waitress, waiter, kimono, yukata, kendo uniform, sci-fi military uniforms, fantasy clothing; but they haven't.

In regards to making models, it only supports static models, so you can import a custom model into ComiPo!, but it will have to be posed prior to loading it.

I honestly wish that they would add rigging as an option, if they did, I'd have no problem making custom outfits for it, including fantasy and sci-fi.

Maus Merryjest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, that's a deal breaker for me. If I have to pose my model every time, there's nothing that basically makes this product worthwhile for me over DAZ or other such programs outside of the panel format, since I basically have to pose the model outside of the program every time, and one of the draws of the program is the pre-set poses, which are a huge timesaver.

Goodness, that's a dumb move on their part.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
ok, all i need to know is if we can definitely use the images made with this program in rpg maker vx without any additional licenses...thats all i need to know.

Edit: Actually, its a pretty big turn off that they dont have anything for making monsters, and not any fantasy/sifi themed graphics.... :( this would be so good for making unique face sets.... but with how the cloths are mostly school related, im not sure if i can justify buying this for my self at this time. I would mostly be using it to make face sets and other special resources to use in RMVX ace, like using panels as cuts scenes. I was really hyped about this, but alot of my game ideas are set in fantasy realms....so i dont know if i could use this. :( ((( 

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, you can even sell what you make with it.

The only condition is that the characters (I'm assuming mascot characters, as well as special company owned characters like: Claire of Windows, and the one from Cosmic Break) do not belong to you, so you can't make the claim that you own them; which is pretty much irrelevant.

When it comes to facial expressions, I actually use them as a reference point for when I draw my own character graphics, but by the time I'm finished, the result is totally different.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are the English Premium Items collections going to be sold in the store?

wondertoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Ok,  we are all thinking it, i'll say it:

When does the tentacle resource pack drop?

:p

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Jay_NOLA, are you meaning RPG Maker's store, or ComiPo's! website?

@wondertoe, I could probably make one if you needed it that badly, but I am a gentlemen, so I must decline. :stare:

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At the RPG Maker webstore is where I'm asking about.

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I maded you something :3

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Archeia,

That's cool.  I noticed Casual Wear pack, which is #4 premium expansion, was added to the main store. i

Can you give an ETA on when the other 3 English expansions will get added?  I'm debating on if I ought to just wait till they get released n the RPG Maker store or to just buy the other 3 now from ComiPo's website.

@Metalraptor,

Had a few other questions.

1.) Roughly about how big file  is the full version and the expansions going to be to download?

2.)  Do any guides exist on how to make new content like clothing etc.?  I've got numerous 3D modeling apps to use for modeling.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Archeia,

That's cool.  I noticed Casual Wear pack, which is #4 premium expansion, was added to the main store. i

Can you give an ETA on when the other 3 English expansions will get added?  I'm debating on if I ought to just wait till they get released n the RPG Maker store or to just buy the other 3 now from ComiPo's website.
I've no idea yet, but I'm pretty sure soonish as soon as everything calms down. Holidays and all <:3c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broiderers