General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Metalraptor,

Had a few other questions.

1.) Roughly about how big file  is the full version and the expansions going to be to download?

2.)  Do any guides exist on how to make new content like clothing etc.?  I've got numerous 3D modeling apps to use for modeling.
I don't really know, I had the installer on my external hard drive, which is sadly deceased, so I'd have to re-download in order to find out.

As for expansions, same as above, but I haven't ordered any of the premium items yet, so I can't say.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any guides at this time for creating clothing.

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've no idea yet, but I'm pretty sure soonish as soon as everything calms down. Holidays and all <:3c
I'm looking forward to the other packs :3 The default program is very restricted 3;

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh no please, not school related only D: .

Still shall test it, if it's a good tool for making some "advanced" storyboard to introduce to a real drawer I might still be interested.

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Oh no please, not school related only D: .

Still shall test it, if it's a good tool for making some "advanced" storyboard to introduce to a real drawer I might still be interested.
It's actually better than I thought; althought, it does need a lot more graphic packs for long term use.

The japanese trailer convinced me to get it, I just can't get enough of that cute Japanese voice actress' accent: "fow exampooh"... Kawaii!!  :thumbsup-left:

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hahaha yes at first I was like "wait....are they over-acting or is it really a japanese girl speaking english with strong accent" XD

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your meaning Asakawa Yuu, she's a popular seiyū who speaks English as well as Japanese, and for awhile she was co-hosting a web series called OtakuVerseZero.

I have a lot of respect for her, because she's not afraid to speak her mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hey Metalraptor, what kind of software do you use to create objects for Comipo, is it Maya?

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks Metalraptor,

I did mange to find out that the full version is bigger than the demo and I went and bought the Casual Wear add on yesterday and it was 181 MB so I'm guessing the full version must be close to a 1 gig in size based on the system requirements.

I did have a question about .obj & .mqo formats.  Which one is better to use for 3D objects with the program.?

If mqo is I'll have to end up getting a copy of Metasequoia  in a month or two to use to model in & convert models in.

Right now I use Manga Studio 5 Ex to do a lot of manga creation stuff since it can import 3D models and they improved the 3D functionality since 4 Ex, but ComiPo! looks like it will be good to create something quickly.

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, does the full version propose something else than school wear? If yes I'm definetely interested. I gave it a try and here is the result of what I imagined this morning :

[{[{
Another question : does the "www.comipo.com" also appear on the commercial version? And about commercial licence , what does the fact of not owning the character imply? (apart that anyone can use the same character without any trouble , which I wouldn't care about in my case)

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Frostyfirefly, I generally use MilkShape 3D to make the obj files, it costs about $30, but has a free 30 day trial, and is ridiculously easy to use.

The drawback, is that MilkShape doesn't support quads yet, though that doesn't prevent you from making usable models.

@Jay_NOLA, I haven't encountered much of a difference between the formats, but Metasequoia has a few tools that are nice (I only have the free version of it), I'm pretty sure that the full version supports quads, so it might be nice to have for that.

Overal: MilkShape for simplicity, and Metasequoia for more advanced models.

There is also Blender, which is free, but I've never been able to figure the program out.

@Pokeymon, there are other packs that have been released for the Japanese version, but unfortunately their all modern day as of now; I posted a link to them on the last page.

Yes and no, it's made optional when you go to export your work.

For the most part nothing, I've always had the impression that the rule is only applied to using another person's licensed character in a commercial product, as that is the only thing that makes sense.

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the infos! Well, I guess I'll wait it ends up on some deal of the week hahaha. I kinda see how it could come in handy to me but it's not an emergency at all :p

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the info Metalraptor.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Metalraptor,

Thanks, good to know that it works nicely with .obj files as I have a good number of 3D modeling programs I use that support .obj export but none do .mqo export.

@Pokeymon

They have a 50% off coupon at the end of the first post of the Happy Holidays thread will let you grab ComiPo! it and the Casual Wear content for 50% off right now if you buy them from the RPG Maker web store now.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/21158-happy-holidays-12-hours-of-christmas-event/

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just when I'm out of cash, well, bad luck for me lol. 

eddy_de_galdon

galdonais
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
Hello, i have a problem:

I wants to buy the comipo software,
I clicked the button "buy" then I went in my shopping cart.
I seized the code of Christmas to have a reduction and I click " to continue the command".
That sends back  me to the homepage of the site . I cannot buy the software.
I made several attempt, to change computer, place, it does not work

Please, help me !!!

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got my ComiPo! key,  got it installed, and ended up with some questions.

1.) Do the Demo and full version now use the same installers?  I downloaded and installed the Demo entered the key I got and registered it and ran the updater.

3.) I noticed some of the assets tend to skip some numbers? Example I have Background Images goes from "35. Office" to "37 Scenery of Town". Is that normal or did something not install?

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Jay_NOLA, to be honest I don't remember, it's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure that you can through the updater, if not then they should provide a link through their website or e-mail.
As for the assets: that's normal, some of the stuff is a part of the bonus items and addons that have to be downloaded separately, and some of them haven't been released for the English version yet.
ComiPo! has a page on FaceBook where they announce whenever a bonus pack is made available, though they do not post on a regular basis, I would recommend following it.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I download the full version I realized as that is what the trial link pointed to at first.downloaded the file.

Went to do a re-download as the new antivirus program on my computer deleted the old installer I found out earlier and I found out the differences in the file sizes.  Luckily my browser still had the link to the full version.

So if you are like me and won copy as part as part of the Happy Holidays! (12 hours of Christmas event) make sure you download and have a link to the full version

Full version is 293 MB

Trial is 68.3 MB.

Also, a quick question can you have both the Japanese & English versions installed at the same time?  I'm noticing that the Japanese version has a good bit of non-school assets and I'm thinking of getting it to go along side the English version

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You probably can, but seeing as that is a software related question, it would probably be best to ask ComiPo's support before you try it, as I haven't, so I can't say.

On a side note, ComiPo! has an FAQ page on their FaceBook, it may answer a lot of questions.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I got the product, I'm pretty found of it, considering the fact I take forever to draw something decent.

My question is, what are some sites where I can post the manga(s) I make?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:
If you're reviewing someone else's game, don't focus only on the negative and criticize them. Use positive constructive feedback. As game developers, we need to empower one another; not put each other down.
just posted a song I made for my game a while back... I sampled the HEY from Earthworm Jim's Snot a problem levels lol...
Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?
Some random sketch-letons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcastillo