Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Seacliff, anywhere you like.

I know of a lot of people that post their series on DeviantART, and CrunchyRoll has a section specifically for ComiPo! seeing as they are also a distributor.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
@Metalraptor

Thanks, I'm a little more than halfway through the 32-page limit, so now I don't have to worry about where to put it when I'm done. :)

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds cool. :D

You might also want to consider making a thread for your series in the Art, Literature, and Music forum, and posting a link whenever you have an update.

Ayase Haruka

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i'll download it later.
I got lazzzzzzzzyyyyy.... :popcorn:

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This may be a dumb question... but has anyone else thought of using ComiPo in RPG Maker VX Ace? (For cutscenes, pictures, etc.) Is there any reason why you wouldn't be able to do this? (Assuming you buy both full programs?)

I find this on the FAQ, so I'm assuming its ok

There is no problem with the use of image materials with other software.

* When there is a question concerning specific usage, please contact us directly using this link:
→ http://www.comipo.com/en/support/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This may be a dumb question... but has anyone else thought of using ComiPo in RPG Maker VX Ace? (For cutscenes, pictures, etc.) Is there any reason why you wouldn't be able to do this? (Assuming you buy both full programs?)

I find this on the FAQ, so I'm assuming its ok
Not at all dumb.  My avatar was made with ComiPo, and I've been experimenting with it to create facesets.  

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's pretty easy to use ComiPo! graphics in cutscenes, you can also export your character without a background if you want, so that they can move around.
I know of a couple of people on DeviantART that have been using ComiPo! to make Ren'py visual novels, here is one of them: Destiny Fails Us.

Though the engines are different, the principle for the scenes is pretty much the same, just use a parallax for the background, and the show picture command for your overlays, and you should be good to go.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey lovelies, I forgot to mention that there's Comipo DLC packs available at the main store now :3

Aceri

Author
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I'm trying to figure out how to get access to the casual wear dlc I bought for it. I installed it, activated it, but when I go to create a character, the option to choose the new stuff isn't there. Am I supposed to import them as well? And if so, where does the program default install to? I didn't pay attention.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try reinstalling and running as an Admin you don't need to import them.

You ought be having presets show up for outfits and the outfits show up if you go to edit or create a character.

wizaerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know of a simple way to create custom shaped panels in ComiPo.  Nothing to erratic, just something to offset the very symmetrical look of the rectangles and squares.  I know I can rotate a panel, but in reality it's still a square or rectangle.  Something more along the lines of a parallelogram, or a square with one skewed side?

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@wizaerd, I made several custom panels awhile back, you can download them on the DeviantART page.

I also included some instructions for how they work, read it carefully before and after you instal them.

Krimson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got the product, I'm pretty found of it, considering the fact I take forever to draw something decent.

My question is, what are some sites where I can post the manga(s) I make?
Hi there, I'm new though I own RPG Maker VX Ace (via Steam Sale, I have no idea how to use it), and I bought ComiPo on Crunchyroll back in 2011 when it first came out. I've been inactive for a couple of years, but I am now reinstalling. I hosted the manga I made on Comic Fury, the title of which is Hachi: Blue which I am considering starting up again. 

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm having issues with comipo it seems every month I need to re-register the program though I bought it. I have it running on two computers (desktop laptop). is it their drm? I hate to have wasted $50 on a program where i gotta keep reupdating. i always dont have internet (intermittent here). I bought it when it first came out through your main store

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh wow. When did you guys start selling this? This program is a massive ripoff and I feel sorry for anyone who buys it. They sell crap that should be included for free as DLC and even sell stuff that was free in the JP version for money... Plus it's super limited.

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Kaukusaki, are you experiencing the problem on both computers, and have you tried a fresh reinstall?

Little Paw, the program is not a ripoff, it was released for Japanese consumers, and caught on overseas where a new demand appeared; the company's priority is with it's original Japanese market, and it probably costs them money to release it outside of Japan, which I'm sure is where the costs of it's DLC are going to.

Yes, they are ridiculously slow to release new updates and DLC for the English version of the software, and the price for DLC is probably more then it needs to be.

If you don't like waiting, the Japanese version is also available and there are tutorials that explain the interface.

In regards to it's limitations, it does what it's created to do very well, and could definitely use some improvements (believe me, I've written out lists), but so can a screw driver, and you'll find one in every tool box.

My overall point is that ComiPo! is a tool, just like Manga Studio, SAI, Photo Shop, etc. Like with any other tool, it has it's uses, and you shouldn't call it a ripoff just because it didn't meet your expectations, I for one have yet to find a software that meets All of mine, which is why I use different softwares.

I have Manga Studio 5, which comes with features that ComiPo! lacks, and I still go back to ComiPo! for certain features that it includes which Manga Studio lacks.

In addition to that, I also have and use: SAI, Corel Paint Shop Pro X2, FireAlpaca, MyPaint, Inkscape, and DAZ Studio 4; with all of those tools, I still find ComiPo! to be very useful.

Question: Do I recommend using ComiPo! models in RPG Maker?

Answer: No.

Reason: I personally believe that someone should be as creative with their game as they can, the same can be said about using RPG Maker's default resources (Ralph gets old after awhile).

Question: So where do I recommend using ComiPo!?

Answer: In the same way as any other software, as a means to create your character through image references.

Now, seeing as RPG Maker is a game engine, I assume that most people here are looking at using ComiPo! to create character portraits and busts, for that it is definitely worth it.

ComiPo! can be used to create a basic idea for your character, put them into a pose that is close to what you want, give them an emotion that expresses what you want, and then redraw the idea from scratch in another software (Manga Studio, Sai, FireAlpaca, etc).

Here are a few quick expressions that can be used as an example:

And there are of course many more that you can sort through.

How I use ComiPo! with RPG Maker, is with it's list of expressions as well as hand poses, the later of which are difficult to draw; Manga Studio has better full body poses with more options, but I still consider ComiPo! to have the better selection when facial expressions are concerned.

Oh, and if you plan to use it in the way I described, then you shouldn't need any of the DLC.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@kaukusaki - Are you running the program as an Admin when you instal it and when you run it and go to run it so you can register it?  Windows 7 & up can cause programs to not register correctly if you don't do this and you have to registered them again and again unless you run the program as an Admin.

Also, the program will say an update is available but you may already have the update installed.  Check the version and update dates.

I've only had to register it once and update it once since I've got it.

@little paw - Some stuff is limited but it is good at what it does and I find it easy to use.  It works best I've found when I use it in combination with other software.

I've used Manga Studio EX 4 & EX 5 to handle some stuff,  and also have used DAZ Studio 3 & 4, Poser Pro 2010, 2012, & 2014, Carrara 6, 8. & 8.5, Motion Artist, Anime Studio Pro, GIMP, & Photoshop Elements as well.

If you don't have DAZ Studio I recommend you download it and try it.  The program is free and DAZ3D this month is running its' big March sale so it is a good time to get content for it.  (Plus you can get a lot of free content on sites likes ShareCG.com.)

You can export 3D stuff from DAZ Studio, & other software into .obj format to import into ComiPo! or MangaStudio.  However the file size may be a problem for some 3D objects in ComiPo!  MangaStudio can handle bigger files. The older EX 4 works better than EX5 I've found for some imports.

I mostly use ComiPo! to do backgrounds and some post work on images.

Comipo! models can be used to make portraits for RPG Maker games, but I personally refer using renders of 3D models to do that as most of my games are not modern ones.  If your doing a modern game the large number of facial expressions available for ComiPo! is very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh wow. When did you guys start selling this? This program is a massive ripoff and I feel sorry for anyone who buys it. They sell crap that should be included for free as DLC and even sell stuff that was free in the JP version for money... Plus it's super limited.
I will say this again, the DLC is not free in Japan :/

Krimson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately, I contacted ComiPo about switching licences from my old computer to my newer one. The response was to uninstall ComiPo from my old computer while connected to the Internet. Which I did. It was supposed to reset my key so I could activate it on the new computer. Nope. Now I have no ComiPo at all and their customer service is atrocious. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
Asphodelethe wrote on skybluehair's profile.
Hi! I loe your desert NPCs for adding some variety. I've used them in a free game (The Snow Elf on Itch.io) and I'd love to use them in the new game I'm working on, which I hope to release commercially. I'd love your permission if I could have it!

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patriciabrown