Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is a quick rundown on the tools that your having trouble with:

So basically, if you want more of your character's body to show, then you have to reduce the size of the character in the 3D region, and increase the size of their 2D region.

Note: that increasing the size or rotating the 2D region can cause slight alterations to the quality of the image in whole, and lowering the size on the 3D region will make the outline thicker, so you may have to make additional adjustments to the character's outline settings.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Smith Micro is now in partnership with ComiPo! and selling the software too.  (I'm on Smith Micro's mailing list and they sent me an email announcing this and saying that it is currently on sale.)

I wonder if the next version of Manga Studio and any of Smith Micro's other software  will have any features to help in partnering it with ComiPo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Krimson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Customer Service for Comipo is now being handled by us. I think we can do a better job, if our customer support for RPG Maker says otherwise.

If you still have the email or key you used and contacted customer support from this site, there could be something done.
I take everything back! They fixed it! After work I'm going to begin Ume Aozora, a spinoff of Hachi: Blue.

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad to hear that your problem was fixed Krimson. ^_^

Jay_NOLA, that is indeed interesting news, I'd love to see what that will bring for future releases, both for ComiPo and Manga Studio. :D

Krimson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For some reason it's not wanting to let me load my old custom characters. I might have to make them again which isn't that much of a hassle with the exception of Rouka who has six tails.

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Instead of working on Hachi: Blue again I am thinking of a spinoff in the same world called Ume Aozora - Plum Blue Skies.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Someone mentioned to me if you bought ComiPo from this site, you could get a Steam Key... is it true?

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Two things.

1.) I went to bring up ComiPo! last night and it said it wasn't activated even though it had been and I had been using it for some months.  I had to let it reactivate.  Who can I contact to make sure the previous activation isn't still running as the program only allows two activations?  And, I'm not sure what to do if this happens again.

2.) The free dragon prop got released on the English ComiPo! website recently.

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just wanted to leave a quick note.

Please do not send me PMs with questions about ComiPo, I am not an administrator for ComiPo or this site, I'm just a person that has used the program for several years, and can help out only with some 'how to' related questions.

flimbo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I´ve been trying to update Comipo! from version 1.82 to v2, but I'm always getting an "Error Code  1102" message. 

Thanks!

Edit: Solved by customer support, thanks!

RPGs_etc1

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have been having a problem using comipo. I have windows 7, I have the latest version of Direct X & looked at the system requirements for it and can't find out why it still doesn't work. I have a screenshot, but the thread won't let me use the image extensions gif, png, & jpg.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Looking at the problems with my Win7 desktop and ComiPO, Comipo 2.0  was the main change.. DirX11 also seems an issue. Uninstalling and NOT updating doesn't fix it. DirX11 ruined a lot of my graphics programs and editors.

I had to install all of it onto my Win8.1 laptop to continue my projects.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two questions...

What is the return policy? I might have missed it. The FAQ posts seem limited here and on the ComiPo site forum, it says "contact the vendor".

I accidentally (knowingly) bought two ComiPo licenses. One is from this site, and the other is from Steam which I purchased on sale just to get all the extras 55% off. (Steam only sale)

I'm a man of means, so I'll keep gladly keep both licenses if there is a no-returns policy.

... besides I think a second owned version might mean a new bonus item. Is this so?

Just curious.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I forwarded your inquiry to a support person!
But I recommend using this area next time: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/contact-us/tech
Thanks for this.

Now it seems to be up there how to handle this sort of thing.

I might use that inquiry link myself.

I purchased ComiPo with the email linked to my PayPal and I always use a different anonymous yahoo email for signing up for forums (and offers and things) because of all the updates/spam.

I don't think they'll know from my forum account who is me.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update to this ^ last post from a year ago, I actually decided then to keep both versions for the bonus materials, so I do still own the Degica version.

I have a new curiosity.

I've skimmed this thread, and my question "May I use it in RPG Maker?" seems to be ambiguously answered "yes". (I've already started a game before I officially kinda knew)

So my question is: Is this only a support forum? Or otherwise, is it also for artwork/resources sharing? (as in: those forums the other makers have)

I'm wondering if I may share some page manga templates that export perfectly to RMMV size at a specific resolution for facesets and characters?

The resources won't have any value to anyone who doesn't own the program, because they're just compressed/garbled text files.

I've started two ComiPo games (an RPG and a Fighter) and I'm losing thrusters in motivation to finish them (maybe it's the originality of the art), but I thought these might have value to someone else. (All you have to do is select-all + change model and expression, and export.)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Comipo's terms of use doesn't allow users to redistribute just the assets by themselves. They have to be in a "work" (e.g. game or comics)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have another curiosity; not so much a support question or bug report.

I notice somewhere in one of the later versions they added curly tails and stuff like that, for the speech bubbles. That's pretty cool.

I'm not sure if it was like this before, so this is just an observation, but the vert bubbles just seem to be regular bubbles rotated 90°. Weren't the vert bubbles actually like...?
Code:
H   T   A   B
E   H       U
L   I   V   B
L   S   E   B
O       R   L
!   I   T   E
!   S       !
... before? Or do you need to use Japanese for the vert bubbles or something?

It just seems kind of vestigial, because it's identical to a regular bubble rotated 90º.

Was this a change? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got 2 question:

1) Any official COMIPO forum?
2) Is there any mod for COMIPO?

Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just went to buy the program, download version but noticed that there is a issue, the download link is gone and only offering the steam key,
anyone know when the buy and download option will be back up?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly the original programmer stopped developing the program independently and went to steam exclusively about three or four years ago.
I might misremember however, so check if the download is available on the original website (Degica is only a distributor for it). If they also only offer a steam key on that website then I doubt it'll be restored.

(Independently distributing a program will require a company to either host their own DRM servers or accept a higher percentage of pirated copies. Both costs, so a lot of programmers went to steam and let them handle the DRM)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ok... so working on the official game guide for my game and its more than 150 pages...... wow. Well, I hope it will help a few players out.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue, Episode 12: Amneron's Legacy starts now! Watch on Youtube and join the chat as we explore the world of Ellis!
Lost track of a huge brazilian wandering spider inside my house. In other news, I'm moving again.

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brenadjnendad