DJRadioRabbit

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Does anyone have any experience using the latest version of RM2K3 Maniacs? Specifically, the Key Proc EX event command. It is apparently supposed to give me full keyboard access for inputs, but, it does not work. There are multiple options, including gamepad functions, but none of them actually seem to be pinging any value to the destination variable. How am I supposed to correctly use it? I really would not like to go through the nightmare I was trying to install old Key patches into the current Steam version... Would really appreciate any help.

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just tested the "Get Keyboard State" operation with target of 0001~0050 and all vars whose keys I press get a 1, others receive 0, so don't see any problem here (version of editor and game: mp211010).

"Get Key State (Key Code / No Binding)" works too, I tested it with value 41 (equal to the "A" key), the target var receives 1 if pressed.

The main-issue people could have with KIP-EX I think is that it doesn't offer a function to pause the event until a key-press, that's something you need to build by yourself with a loop until a condition of variable [1234] == 1 (or 0 after it to wait until press-end) is met when something like that is needed.

Just some little advice for loops for anyone who doesn't know: The wait-command allows "0" as value which gets interpreted as "wait until next frame" instead of "wait 0.1 seconds N times".

I really would not like to go through the nightmare I was trying to install old Key patches into the current Steam version...
And that'd be the worst choice possible.

~炬燵あ

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG
I'm Really proud of how my game over screen looks!
UldJFr1.png
I felt inspired by a piece of art I saw. So I made this.

Wanderer Doge.png

Thought i'd be cool to have like a company introduction. Check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heroflaval