Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was going to keep this site to myself in fear of it's potential to become the yanfly of anime busts in the RM world, i reaaalllyy was, but truth be told based on the website's activity and their social media accounts the project itself seems like its quite daunting on the devs and i fear without enough support it could go the way side.

today i show to you, if you talented people haven't heard of it already: Mannequin.
fPmCdZ.png
OZBN%2F9.png
it is literally, a full-body 2D anime Character Generator made specifically to help indie game makers (mainly of VN & JRPGs) create prototype or official character Busts to use in their games, all characters made with Mannequin are permitted for free & commercial use.

Check it our Here: https://ar14.itch.io/mannequin

the program is available now at a discount for $12.99, from what i've read the demo version is not much different from the official version (demo will not let you export files BTW) and after testing out the demo i can say this generator is FARRRRRR more female friendly than male. and the program is in EARLY ACCESS aka BETA mode so options are LIMITED if your going for a fantasy medieval game. ofcourse if your decent at photoshop you can find work arounds.

for example, i added wings to this character i made when i opened mannequin for the first time today, the process from start to finish took me all of 45 minutes, 35 of it playing around with mannequin, 3 to google commercial use friendly wings & 7 cutting out and editing the 2 images together:

joSOfZL.png

i read they were suppose to launch their ******* back in August and that has yet to come to pass however they are active on social media and simply have not brought up anything about ******* since there announcement in july, this leads me to believe as a dev myself that their bogged down with work and could use a boost.

maybe im late and everyone here knows about it already, and maybe the tools not sophisticated enough for anyone to use yet. but i'm gonna support this group and buy it right after i post this thread, i think you all should try out the demo and see if it can, if nothing else, be a useful "prototype" for you to help illustrate your ideas, i know i will. (P.S i read any subsequent updates to the program will be free for buyers and there tacking on a custom library im guessing for ppl to add their own contributions like we do with the "parts" for the character generator on RMMV)

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love it when it comes to create female characters, but for male it's kind of dissapointing. Also, there are no options of facial hair or age lines... yet...

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My aim is to make something like this, but my programming skills are nil. It looks like this gen is still being updated after all these years, so maybe you could send in feedback to them about the males?

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, i want this style too. As female options are well-balanced in my opinion, now they only have to add male options.

I do not own (yet) the software, but seeing the steam community threads they have already been told about male hairstyles, age lines and more options. For example in my case I'm going to ask if they can add a buttoned Lab Coat. The problem is they have issues with the templates and so they are trying to "slow down" the creation of assets in order to improve templates.

I tried the demo, but the problem is the male resources, i can't even make my main male character because of the hair!!! That's my drawback. I would buy it for creating the female characters but I would have to wait (idk how much time though) for creating the male ones.

Would you be able to inform about the updates they made as you purchased the software?

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in all honesty i hit the same wall as you and decided to go a more traditional route and hire artists, thus i have long since retired this program before purchasing the full variant (re-reading my original post was funny anddddd a bit cringy lol) but yes after 3 years for them to still lack male character options is a bit discerning! albeit last year made things difficult for everyone, hopefully they canboost production this year a bit!
First of all, i want this style too. As female options are well-balanced in my opinion, now they only have to add male options.

I do not own (yet) the software, but seeing the steam community threads they have already been told about male hairstyles, age lines and more options. For example in my case I'm going to ask if they can add a buttoned Lab Coat. The problem is they have issues with the templates and so they are trying to "slow down" the creation of assets in order to improve templates.

I tried the demo, but the problem is the male resources, i can't even make my main male character because of the hair!!! That's my drawback. I would buy it for creating the female characters but I would have to wait (idk how much time though) for creating the male ones.

Would you be able to inform about the updates they made as you purchased the software?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!
Sheesh, Guys, don't think you can throw easy prices like $25/$50 on potions/ethers then have monsters pay you $75 for killing them (never understood that concept btw lol) and think it'll all work out!!! Just realized my prcies vs payout left my players unable to get decent stuff without some serious farming from the start, i'm about to call H&R Block to help my MC get his stimulus check just to buy new armor :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaribai871