Mano_InputConfig(Gamepad&keyboard config+WASD move/ButtonCommonEvent)

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for not mentioning, I am using MZ version. :wink: I just updated, having the same save issue.

Steps I took:
-Disabled every plugin but Mano_InputConfig
-Open run game, open keyboard settings
-Set WASD, then clicked save settings
-Restarted the game and defaults were set again

Edit:
Running MZ v1.2.1, Corescript is also 1.2.1

Last edited:

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your detailed report.

I did a similar operation in my environment but it didn't reappear.
A possible pattern is one in which the option change itself is not working.
For example, if you change the volume of audio, it will not be maintained after a reboot.

If the problem is due to the authority on the OS side, other setting changes should also fail to save.
If other changes can be saved and changes made by Mano_InputConfig cannot be saved, I have no way of dealing with it.

If you change the config, a file called "config.rmmz save" will be created in the "save" folder.
Was this file in a folder?

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup, looks like it! Not sure if it's useful to you, but I've attached it.
I tried creating one with new controls, but the file contents were the same, which makes sense given the issue.

Thank you for your detailed report.

I did a similar operation in my environment but it didn't reappear.
A possible pattern is one in which the option change itself is not working.
For example, if you change the volume of audio, it will not be maintained after a reboot.

If the problem is due to the authority on the OS side, other setting changes should also fail to save.
If other changes can be saved and changes made by Mano_InputConfig cannot be saved, I have no way of dealing with it.

If you change the config, a file called "config.rmmz save" will be created in the "save" folder.
Was this file in a folder?

Attachments

• config.zip
    516 bytes · Views: 1

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded the file and tried it.
I found that there was a problem with the file because of an error in ConfigManager.load ().
The file is corrupted and is not working.
However, creating a config file should be the same method as creating a save data.
If this file is a corrupted file that failed to save, I think it will also fail to save the game data.
What I can say for sure is that I don't have a solution to this problem.

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep, this sounds like a core issue outside of the fault of your plug-in. Thank you for investigating!
I downloaded the file and tried it.
I found that there was a problem with the file because of an error in ConfigManager.load ().
The file is corrupted and is not working.
However, creating a config file should be the same method as creating a save data.
If this file is a corrupted file that failed to save, I think it will also fail to save the game data.
What I can say for sure is that I don't have a solution to this problem.
Edit: for those curious, the cause was a corrupted pako.min.js. So it is saving configs now, just not loading them, so working on that.

Edit2: Yup, it was my fault. I had a custom shadow quality option corrupting the ConfigManager somehow. Thanks! ;)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been trying to work on more "complete" artworks and so far... I'm in so much pain Its really annoying how easy is to completely mess up the proportions and perspectives, but I guess I can only keep practicing
xW1ByDU.jpg
Apologies for the bugs featured in the Red Light preview build (although it is a preview), they should've been fixed in the new patch I just released. View the previous profile post for a link to the Itch.io.
Generate 27 Plugins in 1 File | RPG Maker News #106

Feeling cute, might make an essay on the presence of Malaise in the gaming industry. idk
Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dororo4004