Mano_InputConfig(Gamepad&keyboard config+WASD move/ButtonCommonEvent)

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for not mentioning, I am using MZ version. :wink: I just updated, having the same save issue.

Steps I took:
-Disabled every plugin but Mano_InputConfig
-Open run game, open keyboard settings
-Set WASD, then clicked save settings
-Restarted the game and defaults were set again

Edit:
Running MZ v1.2.1, Corescript is also 1.2.1

Last edited:

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your detailed report.

I did a similar operation in my environment but it didn't reappear.
A possible pattern is one in which the option change itself is not working.
For example, if you change the volume of audio, it will not be maintained after a reboot.

If the problem is due to the authority on the OS side, other setting changes should also fail to save.
If other changes can be saved and changes made by Mano_InputConfig cannot be saved, I have no way of dealing with it.

If you change the config, a file called "config.rmmz save" will be created in the "save" folder.
Was this file in a folder?

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup, looks like it! Not sure if it's useful to you, but I've attached it.
I tried creating one with new controls, but the file contents were the same, which makes sense given the issue.

Thank you for your detailed report.

I did a similar operation in my environment but it didn't reappear.
A possible pattern is one in which the option change itself is not working.
For example, if you change the volume of audio, it will not be maintained after a reboot.

If the problem is due to the authority on the OS side, other setting changes should also fail to save.
If other changes can be saved and changes made by Mano_InputConfig cannot be saved, I have no way of dealing with it.

If you change the config, a file called "config.rmmz save" will be created in the "save" folder.
Was this file in a folder?

Attachments

• config.zip
    516 bytes · Views: 1

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded the file and tried it.
I found that there was a problem with the file because of an error in ConfigManager.load ().
The file is corrupted and is not working.
However, creating a config file should be the same method as creating a save data.
If this file is a corrupted file that failed to save, I think it will also fail to save the game data.
What I can say for sure is that I don't have a solution to this problem.

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep, this sounds like a core issue outside of the fault of your plug-in. Thank you for investigating!
I downloaded the file and tried it.
I found that there was a problem with the file because of an error in ConfigManager.load ().
The file is corrupted and is not working.
However, creating a config file should be the same method as creating a save data.
If this file is a corrupted file that failed to save, I think it will also fail to save the game data.
What I can say for sure is that I don't have a solution to this problem.
Edit: for those curious, the cause was a corrupted pako.min.js. So it is saving configs now, just not loading them, so working on that.

Edit2: Yup, it was my fault. I had a custom shadow quality option corrupting the ConfigManager somehow. Thanks! ;)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's really not fun burning 4 hours looking at code and trying certain things and getting no where.
:kaoswt2: Steam seems down again... oh nevermind, it's up now
After so long, my random sprites set is complete! I wonder who could guess them all? :kaothx:
2COlHup.png

And yes, I'm doing more.
I'm thinking of devouring some tutorials for RPG Maker MV. Just all kinds: mapping, spriting, programming, ect. the whole works! :)

Maybe videos, my brother and I can sit down and watch them during one of our weekly business meetings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonboy92