Mano_InputConfig(Gamepad&keyboard config+WASD move/ButtonCommonEvent)

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for not mentioning, I am using MZ version. :wink: I just updated, having the same save issue.

Steps I took:
-Disabled every plugin but Mano_InputConfig
-Open run game, open keyboard settings
-Set WASD, then clicked save settings
-Restarted the game and defaults were set again

Edit:
Running MZ v1.2.1, Corescript is also 1.2.1

Last edited:

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for your detailed report.

I did a similar operation in my environment but it didn't reappear.
A possible pattern is one in which the option change itself is not working.
For example, if you change the volume of audio, it will not be maintained after a reboot.

If the problem is due to the authority on the OS side, other setting changes should also fail to save.
If other changes can be saved and changes made by Mano_InputConfig cannot be saved, I have no way of dealing with it.

If you change the config, a file called "config.rmmz save" will be created in the "save" folder.
Was this file in a folder?

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup, looks like it! Not sure if it's useful to you, but I've attached it.
I tried creating one with new controls, but the file contents were the same, which makes sense given the issue.

Thank you for your detailed report.

I did a similar operation in my environment but it didn't reappear.
A possible pattern is one in which the option change itself is not working.
For example, if you change the volume of audio, it will not be maintained after a reboot.

If the problem is due to the authority on the OS side, other setting changes should also fail to save.
If other changes can be saved and changes made by Mano_InputConfig cannot be saved, I have no way of dealing with it.

If you change the config, a file called "config.rmmz save" will be created in the "save" folder.
Was this file in a folder?

Attachments

• config.zip
    516 bytes · Views: 1

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I downloaded the file and tried it.
I found that there was a problem with the file because of an error in ConfigManager.load ().
The file is corrupted and is not working.
However, creating a config file should be the same method as creating a save data.
If this file is a corrupted file that failed to save, I think it will also fail to save the game data.
What I can say for sure is that I don't have a solution to this problem.

flashdim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep, this sounds like a core issue outside of the fault of your plug-in. Thank you for investigating!
I downloaded the file and tried it.
I found that there was a problem with the file because of an error in ConfigManager.load ().
The file is corrupted and is not working.
However, creating a config file should be the same method as creating a save data.
If this file is a corrupted file that failed to save, I think it will also fail to save the game data.
What I can say for sure is that I don't have a solution to this problem.
Edit: for those curious, the cause was a corrupted pako.min.js. So it is saving configs now, just not loading them, so working on that.

Edit2: Yup, it was my fault. I had a custom shadow quality option corrupting the ConfigManager somehow. Thanks! ;)

Last edited:

Gallas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I understand this thread is in MZ, but I was given the impression this plugin will work with MV.

I created a brand new project.

I installed the latest version.

Nothing happens.

So I go to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Sigureya/RPGmakerMV/master/Mano_InputConfig.js and install that since it seems written for MV.

Nothing happens.

I know how to install plugins, so why is a new project, with this plugin alone, not working? Is there another command or something else that must be done for it to show up in the options menu? I'm using RPGMaker MV 1.6.1.

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Disable all other plugins and see if it works.
In particular, it is easy to conflict with plugins that change the elements of Option.

Gallas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's the only plug-in on a fresh project. I tried your version here optimized for MZ, version 1.3 for MV, and a Japanese version. Nothing is changed when going to options menu.

Now, I did update the pixi for my RPG Maker MV so it wouldn't lag so much, but I don't see why that would change the plugin.

Aside from having the plugin 'on', is there anything I need to do to activate it in the game? Any script or plug-in command?

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ver1.3 for MV is very old, so I shouldn't even have a way to get it now.
I tested the latest version for MZ in a MV environment and it worked fine.
There are no items that require scripts or plugin commands.

There may be some error.
You can display the console screen by pressing the F12 key, so I want to check what is displayed there.

Gallas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BTW, I renamed the MZ compatible one to ManoInput3 since I had three Manoinput versions in the folder. I made no other changes than that.

manoinputerror.png

You're right. There was an error. Seems like it doesn't like my pixi.

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The cause has been found.
Since the file name has been changed, the plug-in parameters cannot be obtained and the operation fails.
Remove all Mano_InputConfig, including older versions. After that, I think that it will work by installing the latest version compatible with MZ.

Gallas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem hasn't been found.

I deleted all the mano_input versions as well as every plugin from the new project. I installed only one plugin, the mano_input linked at the first page of this thread. The result was identical:

error1.png
When I look up the line that it is complaining about, I come to this:

error2.png

My RPG Maker MV is going to be different than yours due to a different internal process which I suspect is the cause of the error.

RPG Maker MV runs slow, is laggy, but those of us with big projects in it cannot simply switch to MZ. The solution was to update internal processes of RPG Maker MV. The one that I did was updating the nw.js that dramatically increased game performance.

Killer Gin did a thread on updating nw.js here.

Here is what my processes look like on my RPG Maker MV:

error3.png
I believe the default RPG Maker MV nw.js is 0.29.4.

Despite having two hundred plugins in my main project, altering the nw.js didn't break anything. It only increased performance. However, there are reports that updating the nw.js did break plugins for other people. Mano_input may be one of those plugins affected.

I'm prepared to test out my hypothesis by...
1) Uninstalling RPG Maker MV including wiping the profile.
2) Reinstalling RPG Maker MV.
3) Testing the plugin.
4) If it works, update the ns.js.
5) See if it works then.

I'll update what occurs here.

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It was unexpected that nw.js was switched to something else.
The cause is probably a compilation error.
Enter the following content on the console screen of the game and check if an error occurs.

JavaScript:
(() => {console.log ("ok")}) ()

If the above code gives an error, I can rewrite the source code to handle it.

Updated the code on github.
It's okay if this solves it, but if it doesn't work this way, I don't have a solution.

Last edited:

Gallas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried my test map with your new source code. This is what I see now:

mano1.png

...and this...

mano2.png
There are no errors on the console anymore.

Is this what I'm supposed to be seeing? Not sure what is going on with the japanese text.

I'll try putting this plugin into my main project tomorrow. It's a little too late right now, time for sleep.

I want to thank you for updating the code. I suppose as MV ages, more and more people will be updating the MV processes so hopefully this helped someone else out too.

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Japanese display part has been corrected.
Please download the plugin again and reset the plugin parameters.

Gallas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put the plugin into my main project and found the plugin is incompatible with Yanfly Button Common Events (it refused to save any input changes). Since this plugin also is able to do button common events, Yanfly button common event plugin becomes obsolete and will be removed.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to utilize the common events with mano_input. There's still much Japanese in the plugin you linked above, so forgive me if this doesn't seem obvious to me.

Let us say I want button 'E' to activate Common Event 69 (and also tie that common event to a controller button). How exactly would I do that?

mano1.png

The above is what I see when I open up the plugin.

I'm guessing 'input extension' is where I need to go. So I go there.

mano2.png

Let's try going to keySetting. I get this:

mano3.png
To the action? You mean common event? And what does the example 'Ef65' mean?

I can see why this plugin took off in Japan. Aside from doing controller and keyboard configurations, it also calls up common events. I expect it to become a super-critical plugin here. I want to thank you Siguren for this plugin and your assistance.

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The common event to be called is set in the event item.
KeySetting sets which key the input extension is associated with.
In this case, just enter E.

We call it an action because this parameter is used for more than just setting common events.
It is used when the input set by another plug-in is placed on another key in a child plug-in.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@siguren

I'm using MV. Is it possible for the plugin to check the gamepad just by connecting it? If I enter the Gamepad Config menu with just the keyboard and look at the upper status, it won't check the controller unless I press any gamepad button.

Also, on both config menus, I wanted them to show the lower window but grey the text out (unless I press one of the key options to enable the text). Is this one also possible? It's really to cover the open gap on the screen.

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@RK DracoRoy
First-Detection of gamepad only by connection
I think this is difficult.
This is because some button needs to be pressed to detect it.
I've created it on the assumption that I'm probably pressing some button to enter the config screen.
I've implemented this part a long time ago, so I've forgotten how I did it.
If it was possible without the push of a button, I would have implemented it that way from the beginning.

The second is possible, but it's difficult now because I'm spending time working on another plugin.
I think it's a good idea and I'd like to implement it somehow.

Kaine_Kalos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know I'm going to sound like a pleb here, but I am having trouble figuring this out; I'm pretty new to this kind of thing, so please bear with me because I really want to get this to work.

I figured out that I needed to download software to save it as .js file, so I got Notepad++. (That might help someone else if they don't know to do that.)

I installed the plugin, and the WASD options seem like they're automatically applied when you start up the game. That's great.

However, I have NO clue whatsoever on how to call up the menu options for the player to customize keys. I checked all the common event triggers, and I don't see anything. There were only three options. I didn't understand them. Tried them anyway, nothing happened. I went through all the options in the plugin, and I could not figure out anything on how to set the keys or call something up in a menu to change them.

I briefly looked through the .js file to see if there was something I could edit there, but for the most part, the English was Japanese to me. (lol)

I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated. o_O

(Oh, and I'm using MZ with VisuStella Options core.)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trashcanislandd