Mano_InputConfig(Gamepad&keyboard config+WASD move)

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
warning!!
This plugin is out of date.
The MV / MZ shared version is available, so please use that.
There are many functional changes, but it's basically easier to use.
The following threads for MZ also deal with problems with MV.

NewVersionThread

Mano_InputConfig.js(ver.3.2)
Creator name

sigureya

Introduction
Mano_InputConfig is a key config/gamepad config plugin that is mainstream in the RPGmaker MV community in Japan.

In addition to the RPGmakerMV defaults, you can also control buttons added by other plugins.
Even if something goes wrong with the data, you can use the plug-in function to restore the default settings.

Features
WASD movement supported.
Add input with some buttons that don't work by default.
Prevents the situation where the player can't control the settings by messing with them.
A function that cancels the settings changed by this plug-in and returns it to the initial state.

keybordConfig.jpg
gamepadConfig.jpg
How to Use

All you need to do is install the plugin to get the basic functionality.
If you want to utilize the buttons added by other plugins, you can write the symbols added by other plugins in extendSymbol6 to work together.
Warning: This is an advanced feature so if you don't know how to use it please post it in this thread and ask.

Demo
There is no demo.

Script/PluginCommand
There are no scripts or plugin commands.

Credit and Thanks
-sigureya
Terms:
MIT license
This plugin is free to use. There are no restrictions.

download
The latest version is on github.
github
github(raw)
(2021/05/11 Switch the link to the MZ version. It also works in MV.)

Last edited:

SmeckoGeck

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way for these settings to show up alongside the SRD_OptionsUpgrade plugin? Because I've been having a hard time trying to find the symbol necessary for the option to appear when the SRD_OptionsUpgrade plugin is turned on.

My worry is that this plugin isn't compatible with SRD_OptionsUpgrade and that SRD_OptionsUpgrade needs to be turned off in order for the options in this plugin to appear in the options menu.

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For gamepad: KEYBOARD_CONFIG
For keyboard: GAMEPAD_CONFIG
Symbol is the above two. However, I have not tested it because the countermeasures for plugins that break the compatibility of such options are tiring.

SmeckoGeck

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For gamepad: KEYBOARD_CONFIG
For keyboard: GAMEPAD_CONFIG
Symbol is the above two. However, I have not tested it because the countermeasures for plugins that break the compatibility of such options are tiring.
I tried those symbols out, and I didn't see them in action with SRD_OptionsUpgrade turned on. I remember trying the symbols MA_GAMEPAD_CONFIG and MA_KEYBOARD_CONFIG, and those didn't work either.

SmeckoGeck

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hang on a sec:

I put Mano_InputConfig underneath SRD_OptionsUpgrade, and now the options appear.

MaxLionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi! Thank you for bringing this tool to us in English! Really appreciated!

I have a question for you: I'm trying to map the L2 and R2 buttons by default to open a minimap and a quest log that are programmed into common events.

To activate these common events with the keyboard, I'm using Yanfly's ButtonCommonEvents.

So in Yanfly's plugin, I set the PageDown key to activate the common event to bring up the quest log, and I set the PageUp key to activate the minimap. Then, I configured the L2 and R2 buttons in Mano's plugin to activate the PageDown and PageUp function. Unfortunately, it doesn't work and nothing happens when I hit the L2 and R2 buttons (I tried placing Mano's plugin above and below Yanfly's). However, if I configure the L2 or R2 buttons to other functions (such as menu or ok), they work.

Do you think there's a way to achieve what I want with Mano's plugin? I'm also open to all other suggestions if you have any.

Thank you :)

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I have a plugin called Mano_OneButtonCommnEventCall as an alternative to ButtonCommonEvents.
It's an old plugin that hasn't been maintained, but it should be fine if you use it in a MV.
Up to Mano_InputConfig (ver4.0) compatible with RPGmaker MV, there is also automatic import of settings.
If it doesn't work, launch the game and take a screenshot of the settings screen.
I may be able to figure out the cause,

MaxLionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you Siguren! I'll try it out once I have a few minutes free.

Thank you for helping me out, I'll tell you how it went.

MaxLionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi again!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to make it work. Here, in the screenshot below, I show you the settings I used.

1613587694498.png

As you can see, I'm trying to make the common event 4 activate at the press of L2 (button 6). Unfortunately, nothing happens when I press it (and since I don't understand japanese, I'm unable to figure out if there's something else I need to tweak in the plugin).

I know the common event 4 works because I can activate it with the keyboard (using Yanfly's plugin) and I know the L2 button works because I can set it to some other function with your InputConfig plugin (for exemple, if I set it to open the menu with your InputConfig, it works fine).

And I was wondering, about your OneButtonCommonEventCall plugin, do I need to set something in particular to the setting "Action" in your InputConfig Plugin? I have tried to have nothing set. I also tried moving one plugin above the other and vice versa, but the common event is never called.

1613587887014.png

If you have any idea how to make it work, I'd greatly appreciate your help :)

Thank you!

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm writing while exploring my memory, so it may be wrong.
I think it worked if I added the parameters in the above image.
If you set the same character in action of button6 and symbol of commonA, it should work.

Since this part was difficult to understand, the setting method has been changed in the latest version of InputConfig.

MaxLionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Ah yes! It works perfectly now! Thank you so much for your help! It's really appreciated :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hallo, I found a small bug. There is no @desc for @param symbolAutoSelect on the english side which causes the parameter to have a wonky display.

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your report.
It seems that a bug was introduced when I copied it and created a setting for English.
The MV version will not be updated basically.
I have already created the MZ version.
The MZ version has been created to work with MV, so if you are interested, please try that as well.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin works great. Thank you! A question. Would it be possible to customize visuals? Like use a background image, change fonts, "selection" color, etc?

siguren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We haven't implemented the functionality to change the design, but you can add it.
There seems to be no problem with the background, so I will implement it.
I have no artistic knowledge of screen design, so I didn't implement them.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool! One thing... I made a thread about this problem.
Would anyone be interested in creating such a thing? xD
I would pay for it :( Though hiring a scripter is not an option for me right now.

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Can't delete post.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamegialap