Map as Battleback

Player-Unknown

"Ethan"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you try to enter a battle with no specified battleback, the battleback will be set to a screenshot of the map where you last paused to use your menu. (If it cannot find one I.E. you entered battle without ever going into the menu, it'll just be a black screen)
Since I use a plugin which runs a common event battle intro, would there be anyway to set it to take that screenshot during the battle transition through a script call?
Pretty much, I want to use a screenshot of the current map (and position the player's in) as the battleback.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
script call alone won't be enough, you'll need a plugin giving that function.

and you should specify if you want a screenshot or a mapshot - the screenshot would include sprites like the player and NPCs, while the mapshot will only take the map tiles into account.
There are a few mapshot plugins (those are usually used for preparation to parallax mapping), and it should be possible to modify one for something like this.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Since it seems you will need one to accomplish this.

Player-Unknown

"Ethan"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
script call alone won't be enough, you'll need a plugin giving that function.

and you should specify if you want a screenshot or a mapshot - the screenshot would include sprites like the player and NPCs, while the mapshot will only take the map tiles into account.
There are a few mapshot plugins (those are usually used for preparation to parallax mapping), and it should be possible to modify one for something like this.
I see.
Well I suppose I'm looking for a screenshot of what the player can see, not just a mapshot. Since disappearing doors and such won't look too great. So events included in the shot.
I did find "Orange Screenshot saver" but from what I saw, it seems like it saves a screenshot of the entire map and doesn't work when the game is exported. Since I'm no good with plugins I don't know how to alter it.
I'm now looking for a plugin that can take a screenshot of what the player can see on their screen and use that as a battleback, preferably through a plugin command so I can specify when the screenshot happens in a common event battle intro. (I'll turn the actor on the map invisible before the screenshot is taken so they don't appear twice on screen.)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you try to enter a battle with no specified battleback, the battleback will be set to a screenshot of the map where you last paused to use your menu
This is not true. A snapshot is taken prior to entering battle, under certain conditions. If it's not happening for you, then either those conditions aren't being met, or you have a plugin that overrides it.

I'm about to start work for the day, but if someone else has time to check it out, Scene_Map.prototype.updateEncounterEffect would be a good starting point.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but from what I saw, it seems like it saves a screenshot of the entire map
that is why I said they need to be modified, you can't use them as is.
But the fact that they exist proves that what you want is possible to do.

Player-Unknown

"Ethan"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found a solution using a script call
SceneManager.snapForBackground();

It worked. Including events.

Guess I didn't need a plugin. Although as Shaz said (and I tested) turns out it did screenshot normally and it was my custom intro plugin that caused it not to screenshot).
Either way, found a solution. Guess we can close this thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balthierrff